Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman

I'll say this again, sometimes people don't know what they want. If you keep feeding people the same old crap, they'll just keep asking for the same old crap because they won't know what else is different.

That's risky. Much easier to gage what the popularity for something like the Frozen replacement is gonna be, than a completely new and original concept like M:S.

I've got a solution. Let's put a Mystic Manor clone in WS somewhere. Morocco? :D

yensidtlaw1969

Why is everyone so happy about this not being a book report? All the book reports I can think of are good (PPF, SWSA, Winnie the Pooh) and non-book reports are bad (Nemo, Johny Depp POTC)
Peter Pan isn't really a book report. If you didn't already know the characters and the story, the ride wouldn't really give it to you. It depicts some of the scenes in the movie, but with more emphasis on your experience over London and in Neverland.

Mermaid tries to show you what Ariel wants, what she does to try to get it, and how it works out for her in the end. You don't get that about any of the characters on Peter Pan's Flight. You just go on fun a trip with them.

odmichael

Disney has not said anything besides they are making the 2nd movie. Im just saying, I doubt it will be dragged that far to a third movie.
Disney will drag it out as long as people want it to be dragged out. I thought it was going to be dragged out for so long I was legitimately surprised when I thought you meant they confirmed no Frozen 3. Don't be surprised if you see one. Not saying it will be a good movie. I don't really like the first one that much. But many people do like it. I wouldn't even be surprised if they created a movie universe for their animated films similar to Avengers or Star Wars. That's just the route the film industry is going. Sequels and universes. Transformers, DC, Universal Horror Films, etc.

JohnD

Back to the concept of the ride, I'd have more respect for it, if it were titled something like "Frozen's Arendale: A Fictional Kingdom (Town, Village, Whatever) Inspired by Norway"

JohnD

A recent book report that is arguably bad would be LM.

At the very least, bad at being a book report.

For the sake of discussion is Winnie the Pooh a good or bad book report? Peter Pan? What makes them that way? By contrast why is LM "bad"? I get the mechanical arguments (disco ball, too bright, etc.) but those have been addressed in a recent refurb. I'm talking conceptually. I'm genuinely interested.

Shaman

Back to the concept of the ride, I'd have more respect for it, if it were titled something like "Frozen's Arendale: A Fictional Kingdom (Town, Village, Whatever) Inspired by Norway"

I think it would be a nice touch if we're shown how the film was inspired by architecture/landscape/culture of Norway and other Scandinavian countries. Maybe in the queue or post-ride area?

Shaman

You get some of that now in Stave Church but that couldn't hurt.

I think the connection to the country will be necessary, especially if we're going to see more of these attractions based on animated movie characters. Maybe a small film somewhere that goes behind the scenes, when filmmakers visit the country and take in the sights...talk about the culture, etc.

Flippin'Flounder

Also, Splash Mountain is book report and it is my favorite attraction at WDW. ET is too IIRC, although USF does have good non-book reports (Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Transformers) Regarding PPF, Half of it is flying over scenes from the movie, the other half is showing scenes from the movie, I consider it a book report.

imagineer boy

That's risky. Much easier to gage what the popularity for something like the Frozen replacement is gonna be, than a completely new and original concept like M:S.

Well originality really does pay off sometimes. Look at POTC, HM, E:E, Soarin' (at least when it premiered in DCA), Space Mountain, CoP, the list goes on and on.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
An argument can be made for attractions that some would call book reports. Being able to be in the middle of a treasured movie or book is something we do not often experience in our everyday lives. An immersive environment from a "real world" place or one of fantasy is a "book report" of sorts. Carousel of Progress is no less a "book report" in that sense than anything else as it walks you through the turn of the century..

Space Mountain may be an exception to a "book report" attraction, but the area it resides in is the pure fantasy of Tomorrowland....

*1023*

muteki

For the sake of discussion is Winnie the Pooh a good or bad book report? Peter Pan? What makes them that way? By contrast why is LM "bad"? I get the mechanical arguments (disco ball, too bright, etc.) but those have been addressed in a recent refurb. I'm talking conceptually. I'm genuinely interested.
Bad at being a book report as in bad at retelling the plot of the original film. Peter Pan does a good job of it I'd say, I don't remember enough about the plot of Pooh though to comment on it.

In LM's case a lot is left out/over simplified. Pacing is bad. I think they did a lot with the space they had and most of the technical complaints don't bother me that much but the "plot" of the ride is lacking. People that may not have seen the film probably won't find fault in that aspect though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom