Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also I do realize that Star Wars land has not yet started being built, but you have to realize that Disney has teams of people right now working on
-Night Safari
-Rivers of Light
-Redoing basically all the restaurants at DAK
-Disney Springs
-Star Wars Land
Whoopee flippin' do.

Or we could talk about designing Tokyo Disneyland and EPCOT Center AND the original NFL all at the same time. Oh, plus two Big Thundermountains too.

GLaDOS

Whoopee flippin' do.

Or we could talk about designing Tokyo Disneyland and EPCOT Center AND the original NFL all at the same time.

It also doesn't help that WDI can't spend money efficiently. I hate to beat on the dead horse, but Universal's expansions all pay for themselves quickly because Universal doesn't have incredibly bloated budgets like WDI does. There's no reason Little Mermaid should have been a more expensive attraction than Forbidden Journey.

ToTBellHop

It also doesn't help that WDI can't spend money efficiently. I hate to beat on the dead horse, but Universal's expansions all pay for themselves quickly because Universal doesn't have incredibly bloated budgets like WDI does. There's no reason Little Mermaid should have been a more expensive attraction than Forbidden Journey.
But...Ursula is better than the Yeti!

Macca250

I know I made this a while ago, but given all the new information... well, I'm just going to leave this here.
norway_maelstrom.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
Oh, I disagree....

Imagineers spent a combined 3,468 hours scuba diving in Scandinavian waters for research in order to be able to replicate the experience for guests. That doesn't come cheap.

How else could they offer such an immersive and realistic environment?

;)

SpaceMountain77

An excerpt from How Disney Milks its Hits for Profits Ever After, from the Wall Street Journal:

Purists may scoff at putting sentient snowmen in a park meant to “entertain with a purpose,” as Disney’s chief executive described Epcot when it opened in 1982.

But Disney executives point out that “Frozen” is tied to Scandinavian art and culture, adding that millions more people will likely visit Norway and the rest of the World Showcase just to experience the new four-minute ride.

“We have to be careful not be too doctrinaire when we apply these principles,” said Mr. Staggs.

Essentially, Staggs states that upholding the original mission of Epcot is impractical.

ToTBellHop

wish they had kept the Norwegian adventure line underneath but were stuck with frozen ever after, which is a dumb name for a ride Im sorry lol.
I'm sure it'll have a longer name once they are finished. Disney loves long, dumbed-down attraction names. Based upon today's comments, I'm going with Frozen Ever After: A Norwegian Adventure with your Norwegian Friends from Norway's Arendelle. And then a second sign #TotesNorwegianFrozenFunRideEpic

ToTBellHop

So if we take our 360/hr for M&g and add it to the 900/hr for Frozenstrom, you get 15,000/day, assuming 9-9.

Oh dear god. This just wasn't thought through with any sort of operational reality, was it?
I'm sure it'll be a real hit if the tiered ticket prices come in, too. Imagine--you go to Epcot during Spring Break for $125/day and realize that only a third of the guests in the park will have any chance of seeing EITHER of the park's newest attractions. You'd have a better chance of getting a lifeboat on the Titanic!

I think I'll stand in the queue and mutter, "there's not enough boats on this ride. Not enough by half" to people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom