Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

FettFan

They put an article up on the parks blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/first-look-frozen-ever-after-at-epcot/

Nothing new really, just interesting that they waited until the other article was out.

Well, we now know that blog posts tend to draw out complete morons.

FEAR54714.jpg

Antonio on June 9th, 2015 at 11:41 am
This looks like a great place for my family to take our Christmas photos!

giphy.gif

lazyboy97o

Pretty sure a clone of what's going in Tokyo would've made them money as well, possibly even more (bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead) since it would be a whole area with a real E Ticket and much better capacity than a 900 guests per hour boat ride. I'm sure guest relations will be very popular too when this opens. In short, yes, we absolutely can blame the company for this mess.
View attachment 96168
The Oriental Land Company would probably not be interested in such a plan.

Which is the point I try to make, but the trolls (ironically in a Norway death thread) are rampant and ignore the underlining world we live in today. This ride is not designed for US. Its designed for the AVERAGE GUEST.
Utter nonsense. The qualities of good work that make fans happy also resonate with "average" guests.

How disappointing, why even refer to it as the Norway Pavilion anymore? With the crowds, increased prices, shuttered attractions and the Magic Band nonsense, I'm not regretting my decision to sticking with Disneyland for a while.
Apparently a snack bar is enough to still qualify as Norwegian.

Look, no one complains that Aladdin makes appearances in Morocco even though he lives in the fictional city of Agrabah. Arendelle is the same vein, the difference being Frozen is absurdly popular. If they're putting the woman in charge of Cars Land (a subpar movie with a jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring land that's the best thing I've seen the Imagineers do in years) in charge of this project AND they're already promising the same animatronics that they have on SDMT, this isn't going to be a half-assed project.

I get it. I'm sick of Frozen too, particularly the forcing it on us from every aspect of the company. But at the end of the day, it's still a damn good movie that stands above a lot of Disney's more recent work. Would you rather wait twenty years and get The Little Mermaid ride? Disney's avoiding that same mistake and capitalizing on it. They're a business. It's what they do. But writing the project off as garbage before it's even off the ground is a pointless and unfair exercise. The money is in this, and (for now) it doesn't look like they're doing it on a nickel-and-dime budget, particularly if they're involving next-gen animatronics.

If you were expecting an E-ticket, you were either looking for disappointment/******** material or you never rode the Maelstrom. But if they do this ride like they say they're going to, there's no reason this can't be a legitimately great attraction, one that Epcot desperately needs.
Aladdin is a character from Islamic culture. Anna and Elsa are from American culture.

Magnum is more a project manager than a creative.

PhotoDave219

Which is the point I try to make, but the trolls (ironically in a Norway death thread) are rampant and ignore the underlining world we live in today. This ride is not designed for US. Its designed for the AVERAGE GUEST.

My friend, not everyone realizes that we're all way older than the target audience for some attractions. In this case? 12 year old girls.

SpaceMountain77

Admittedly, I have greater interest in the construction of the Royal Sommerhus than Frozen Ever After. It is my sincere hope that the new building will extend and compliment the architectural cues of the original Norway pavilion. I do not want Norwegian-inspired architecture; I want to see Norwegian architectural elements and cues. Although Elsa and Anna may be inside the pavilion, I would be greatly disappointed with an exterior fitting of Fantasyland.

FerretAfros

Not even Islamic....Aladdin is Chinese.
Not to mention that Morocco is over 2,000 miles away from the Arabian Peninsula. It's on far western side of Africa, which isn't particularly close to the Middle East

It's roughly the same distance away from the Arabian Peninsual as England. The only excuse for putting Aladdin there is because Americans can't seem to figure out how a map works

Mike S

My friend, not everyone realizes that we're all way older than the target audience for some attractions. In this case? 12 year old girls.
The problem here being that more people than just 12 year old girls liked Frozen. What about them?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I lament the demise of Maelstrom as much as anyone. Being an engineer I also believe in buildings one’s knowledge as much as possible. While going as a kid I never remember feeling enlightened by visiting Epcot, though a few tidbits of information probably made their way through. WDW would also not be where I bring my kids to learn, we have some great places in Boston for that.
Just curious. When did you visit Epcot as a child? I don't need the exact years, ballpark mostly.

I ask this because it seems completely different than the experiences I had with Epcot as a child. Going by the age in your profile, you were born right around the height of EPCOT Center, the decline started really coming by the early 90s.

Maybe that is the difference. Maybe it's because I was able to experience it in my childhood, when it really meant something other than being "just a theme park".

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Indeed. 9 comments and not a single positive one. And they were the ones that were OK'd to be published.
I was gobsmacked when I came back from my meeting and saw my comment made it through moderation. It's happened maybe once before. I don't tend to be drooling enough typically, and I'm shocked at the fact that mine made it.

doctornick

I wish the plans to move COP to WOL building actually were greenlighted. Would have brought new life to Epcot.

If they were going to move an attraction, putting IASW in Epcot makes more sense because it would bring a needed ride to WS and would open up a huge potential space in MK for a FL expansion (while getting rid of a bottleneck area).

aladdin2007

Interesting that Sommerhus is essentially a Danish word and not Norwegian. They are trying so hard to make all of this sound good so it fits in, when none of it should be happening there at all, but this is the new Epcot. I guess they get points for drawing on more Norwegian architecture and crafts on display inside, but thats not exactly enough.

Pirouline

The water fall scene is gone? This ride is just trash, hopefully they will re think the plans for it if theres to much negative feedback from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom