Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Don't forget that the queue is part of the attraction and the place that you spend the most time in. It's not like they just put up pleasant wallpaper and that was it. The LM is a complete thing that includes the queue. Queue's are not just an after thought with little to no importance. The last time they did anything with as much detail as LM was when they designed ToT. A whole lot of that attraction is the queue as well. Think bigger people. An attraction isn't just when you get to park your butt in a ride vehicle or a theater seat.
But unlike Tower of Terror the actual ride experience of Mermaid doesn't match up to what the queue would have you expect. Works better in DCA where the queue is more barebones so it's much more equal to the actual ride. In WDW it's like a bait and switch.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am more interested on why she is riding that thing and talking on the phone? :cautious:

Could the damage be because the metal expanded in hot days and thus had enough length difference to cause damage?

If that was the case they should have compensated for that. It is possible that it was designed right, but the contractor made a mistake building it. It have just been a case of the tiles being installed incorrectly. I don't recall a long closure to fix it so it was likely something small.

Goofyernmost

But unlike Tower of Terror the actual ride experience of Mermaid doesn't match up to what the queue would have you expect. Works better in DCA where the queue is more barebones so it's much more equal to the ride.
I'm not sure what I should have expected. It seemed fine to me and quite normal for an animatronic ride. I liked the submersion part, the show, the music and so on. I'm not sure what else I should have expected. Are you saying that it is wrong to dress up the queue cause that is something I do not understand at all.

Mike S

I'm not sure what I should have expected. It seemed fine to me and quite normal for an animatronic ride. I liked the submersion part, the show, the music and so on. I'm not sure what else I should have expected. Are you saying that it is wrong to dress up the queue cause that is something I do not understand at all.
I'm saying the ride should've been dressed up more. Exposed lighting rigs that are even more noticeable because the show scenes themselves draw your attention upward, the entrance to Ursala's layer making no attempt to hide anything with the physical walls of the attraction clearly visible, the rushed ending, etc.

Just watch this.

Goofyernmost

I'm saying the ride should've been dressed up more. Exposed lighting rigs that are even more noticeable because the show scenes themselves draw your attention upward, the entrance to Ursala's layer making no attempt to hide anything with the physical walls of the attraction clearly visible, the rushed ending, etc.

Just watch this.

Yea, I've seen that, but, one can draw anything they like without worrying about those pesky little things like gravity and building supports.

hopemax

Well I was serious, because I don't remember ever seeing it, but, I also thought it was interesting how it happened to fit in to that first boat so well. I figured it was a sign, but, like I said I had never personally seen it.

I had to ask, because when on property, many people would drive by it probably twice a day.

Goofyernmost

Gravity? It clearly would've been similar to Peter Pan.
Sorry, I still don't understand. You cannot have an undersea adventure suspended from the ceiling can you? Also doesn't Peter Pan have multiple walls separating one scene from another? Also in Peter Pan you have full vision of the track just over your head during the entire ride.

Mike S

Sorry, I still don't understand. You cannot have an undersea adventure suspended from the ceiling can you? Also doesn't Peter Pan have multiple walls separating one scene from another? Also in Peter Pan you have full vision of the track just over your head during the entire ride.
The track is visible in the video.

matt9112

Pan is how old? And I MO pan needs a redo the most out of MK minus maybe space.

Goofyernmost

Pan is how old? And I MO pan needs a redo the most out of MK minus maybe space.
I am aware of that, I'm just trying to say that those things that people are complaining about are normal for any dark ride and have been since the first one existed. It makes me go back to the thought that when all of us first started going to a Disney park, be it DL or WDW, we were so enthralled by what we saw that we didn't notice the other parts that could easily have ruined our fantasy. We just didn't see them. Now we have become bored with the stuff we start to notice every little thing and try to relate it present times or present policy's or, worse yet, we somehow believe enough in "the magic" that we impose a denial of reality concerning the realities of the actual world we live in, which has to account for gravity and needing to support a structure by using walls, etc. Someone looks at a concept art, like the one for LM and don't see all those outside forces because they aren't needed in an animation, yet are upset if the show itself has to deal with that.

Think about all the things that people have complained about with LM alone. For example, Ariels hair looked unreal and didn't react like underwater hair should move. Well, duh, it isn't under water actually, so for all those complaining did they have any idea how to make it look like that when the physical surroundings cannot be duplicated without the actual elements, in this case water? I don't think that LM is the best I have ever seen, but, considering the topic and the diversity of environments that are depicted they did a pretty good job. To not consider the queue itself as a part of the overall experience is just to tight a focus on one part of a multi-faceted attraction. And the parts that they did initially screw up on, they fixed.

If you have read any of my other posts you will realize that I am not pixie dusted or a blind follower of the virtues of the Disney Company in how it relates to how the company is run. Here's what I see, a company that for a long time didn't do anything to plus an attraction, did, finally, create an entire undersea world in a dry as a bone show and ride and it isn't enough for people. It must be something that no Disney show had ever had and that is reality so precise that you weren't forced to think it is real. For years they relied on the people using their own imagination to fill in the blanks. The more that we are unable to see anything unless it is totally done for us the more we complain, the more we complain about something that actually did have a lot of expense and detail attached to, the less they are given the incentive to really get all concerned about that detail. It's never enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom