Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Dumbo look?

B6E539D6-C61A-4105-9AEB-60A070B9CC7D.JPG

The clearance was under estimated, thus damage to both Dumbos and tiling around fountain.

Edit- Not my photo, I pulled it from a google search for "dumbo wdw damage"

Monoblanco13

The clearance was under estimated, thus damage to both Dumbos and tiling around fountain.

Oh wow I'm at the parks all the time and I've never noticed this..... sucks bad show.
@Goofyernmost this is what I was talking about.

*Edited to tag someone

Last edited:

aladdin2007

to bring this back to topic,,,,the waterfall rock opening is indeed gon
Saw this last night on a FB group. Thought I'd share. Looks like boats are coming back from refurb.

View attachment 138048

great shot thanks...was there yesterday and you can see between the scaffolding and the building, if looking carefully, that the rock work waterfall opening is no more and closed in.

AEfx

I think a huge part of the let down is that it's not a new ride. It's a copy of the one in DCA...

Irrelevant to the vast majority of visitors. I'd guess that the amount of folks in the MK on any given day that have ever been to the California parks, let alone recently, is going to be well under 5%.

The two TLM rides were developed in tandem, and in truth - "clones" like that make a lot of sense. The average consumer expects Disneyland and WDW to offer similar experiences to begin with, and by splitting up the R&D Disney gets more bang for their buck (though they could get a whole lot more bang by also doing a number of other things, but that's a broader subject).

In any case, clone-phobia is a condition really only known to afflict hard-core message board fans.

Monorail_Red_77

Hate to see the waterfall and peek-a-boo boat "window" gone. But, I suppose that it wouldn't work in the new ride story line. I mean they are having too much to worry about with cramming this thing into Norway and all, to worry about how to explain an open window "falls"
Ain't No Body Got Time Fo that! :hilarious: :banghead: :( ;)

aladdin2007

Hate to see the waterfall and peek-a-boo boat gone. But, I suppose that it wouldn't work in the new ride story line. I mean they are having too much to worry about with cramming this thing into Norway and all, to worry about how to explain an open window "falls"
Ain't No Body Got Time Fo that! :hilarious: :banghead: :( ;)

that and I imagine they want to keep some frigid cold air from going outside....

Mike S

to bring this back to topic,,,,the waterfall rock opening is indeed gon

great shot thanks...was there yesterday and you can see between the scaffolding and the building, if looking carefully, that the rock work waterfall opening is no more and closed in.
Damn :(

Soarin' Over Pgh

the measurements would have been dead on, if they had allowed for the thickness of the tiles themselves...

Which would be enough to get a construction crew fired from a commercial build. I'm sure not so much the same for Disney.

Regardless, an error was made, damage was done, more money had to be shelled out to repair, and a quick fix had to be figured out and implemented. All of which costs time and money. None of which would have been necessary ifit were done correctly the first time.

But this thread isn't about Dumbo :)

Has anyone heard rumblings of boats in the water? @marni1971

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I am more interested on why she is riding that thing and talking on the phone? :cautious:

the measurements would have been dead on, if they had allowed for the thickness of the tiles themselves...

Could the damage be because the metal expanded in hot days and thus had enough length difference to cause damage?

JoeCamel

Which would be enough to get a construction crew fired from a commercial build. I'm sure not so much the same for Disney.

Regardless, an error was made, damage was done, more money had to be shelled out to repair, and a quick fix had to be figured out and implemented. All of which costs time and money. None of which would have been necessary ifit were done correctly the first time.

But this thread isn't about Dumbo :)

Has anyone heard rumblings of boats in the water? @marni1971

Maybe they could slow down a bit and measure three times? After all they just zipped through this little refurb?

Goofyernmost

I think that is the biggest point...in a much anticipated and publicized "biggest Addition to the Magic Kingdom Ever" they could have done better... LM is not bad, but does not live up to the hype or the most fabulous queue they built for it. I think in general the creative team at Disney must be in chains or something, because they don't seem to pull out the stops like they used to...
Princess Fairytal Hall and the Belle Meet and Greet look like hotel function spaces (aside from the magic mirror)...
Just bland bland bland, while down the road they are pushing the envelope with new ideas, and a lot faster...
I am hoping to be wowed by what they are doing , but they have not set the bar too high recently... Underwelming ideas, value engineered to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Don't forget that the queue is part of the attraction and the place that you spend the most time in. It's not like they just put up pleasant wallpaper and that was it. The LM is a complete thing that includes the queue. Queue's are not just an after thought with little to no importance. The last time they did anything with as much detail as LM was when they designed ToT. A whole lot of that attraction is the queue as well. Think bigger people. An attraction isn't just when you get to park your butt in a ride vehicle or a theater seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom