Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

6 weeks of ride operator training with no boats in the flume? I wonder what the training included?

I recall seeing (maybe on Twitter) someone posted a picture of a Maelstrom boat making its' way back on property. Presumably for testing.

Lirael

At this point I'm happy I chose to go in September rather than ealier. Hopefully by then things will actually be ope and fuctioning properly.

My heart goes to everyone who's going to wdw soon and wanted to catch RoL and Construction Ever After open.

Seabasealpha1

I would think so since Stitches Great Escape isn't a ride ;)
Sorry...*cough*... attraction...

tumblr_m7kgg05qGy1rzapx4o1_500.gif

RSoxNo1

It also had a thesis statement that was the exact opposite of the original attraction.
The opening scene that sets JIYI into motion has Eric Idle declaring that guests don't have any imagination or creativity inside their heads and thus the ride is supposed to be a means of stimulating you. The original attraction on the other hand was all about how imagination and creativity are an innate quality found in everybody.
That and figment lacks the "dash of Childish delight" and now comes off like an obnoxious brat.

Soarin' Over Pgh

updates - source: http://www.disboards.com/threads/norway-ride-rivers-of-light-disappointing-progress-updates.3500871/

Norway (Epcot):
. . . the boats FINALLY start to go into the water TONIGHT (4/11/2016)
. . . these are the previous boats and boat designs
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
. . . the CM's think even if they navigate the turn, they will "bunch up"
. . . the ride test trials start SLOWLY tonight so we should see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates
. . . They have been training ride operators for over 6-weeks.
. . . the ride was to open 3-4 week sago.
. . . Tech difficulties, and a lack of painting halted progress.
. . . of course, they laid-off 140 painters
. . . The hold-up was so bad, that CM's had NOTHING to do.
. . . many of them, were paid to just sit around
. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
. . . yes, some were temporarily deployed
. . . As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

Good lord. I don't know where to start. Just... wow.

That's bad.

@marni1971 have you any whisperings about the boats not navigating a turn? I'm assuming this is the new "s" added to the ride?

Goofyernmost

It wouldn't be the first time they've got the sums wrong! Time will tell. Or is it already?
No, that's true, it works both ways, with 7DMT being a good example, but, it is still less likely that they are wrong then random CM's that really wouldn't have any way of knowing for sure and are just working on a visual hunch.

danv3

Until they fix the awful most disenchanting room that is the pre room to ursula's lair the ride cannot be called successful. Never have I been reminded that I am in an attraction more so than on that ride. The lighting rigs can almost be forgiven but the clear walls exit signs and ladders that are all brightly lit going into ursula's lair is just so bad.

I honestly thought it was unfinished when I first saw that room. Now years later it remains unchanged.

jbeechuk

Wow. Already probable boat issues. Unreal. I can see the boats all stacked up on the ascent hill. Lol. What a disaster.

By the way, is it true there will be a separate $10 upcharge ($5 for kids) to ride this?

Goofyernmost

Wow. Already probable boat issues. Unreal. I can see the boats all stacked up on the ascent hill. Lol. What a disaster.
As much as we all love drama. There are no probable boat issues. There are rumors of possible boat issues. Unproven, unseen and undocumented except out of someone imagination. Let's kinda wait and see. There's nothing we can do about it anyway so why care. Everybody hates where it is anyway.

jbeechuk

This is what I was talking about. A $10 upcharge, $5 only for kids, to ride this new Frozen ride. I guess Disney is really nickel-and-diming us to death now. Has a ride ever had a separate admission charge before?

Attachments

• Frozen.jpg
    Frozen.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 313

A foolish mortal

This is what I was talking about. A $10 upcharge, $5 only for kids, to ride this new Frozen ride. I guess Disney is really nickel-and-diming us to death now. Has a ride ever had a separate admission charge before?
Well.. looking at the fonts, that dont match up with the other fonts, i'd say its fake...Look at the D's and S's etc. And the space between the words.. and font size...
Skjermbilde 2016-04-13 01.03.00.png
Skjermbilde 2016-04-13 01.03.05.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom