Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

boats are apperently on their way back to epcot https://twitter.com/OnlineHyde/status/719509132722708480/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cfw1vMRUEAAonDK.jpg

and so it begins.

Goofyernmost

Ok, I'll bite.

If anyone with a nose were to ride Maelstrom prior to closing, they would have SMELLED mold. They would have FELT dampness. Even the load/unload had visible signs of mold.

Knowing that, they should have known the ride was positively littered with mold and various hazardous materials. Knowing THAT, they should have planned on a full gut-and-redo of the attraction from top to bottom instead of taking it on the cheap and thinking they can simply rip out decor and throw in new decor. Of course there's water damage. It's a flume ride. Where there's water and high temps, there is always the potential for mold.

Disney should have known better. I can't give them a pass for delaying the ride for so long due to unforeseen circumstances.

That said, I do still see your point, but I'm simply not willing to let them pass on this one.

Not to mention that it's their HOTTEST IP right now.... or, well, was.
Isn't that what they did? Gutted the attraction except the track and started new. At least that is what I seem to remember seeing via photo's. The track is the same except for the added part and everything else has been de-molded and built new. One of the reasons that it is taking so long would be my guess.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Thematic break... check. Wildly popular franchise getting under represented... check. Capacity way too low for demand... check.

Let me know when you come up with something worse.

Oh absolutely. I agree with every bit of that...but I was thinking more along the lines of disasters like rocket rods and things like that. I'm with you on all of that though...they are blowing it bad with this decision in many ways

Magenta Panther

Oh absolutely. I agree with every bit of that...but I was thinking more along the lines of disasters like rocket rods and things like that. I'm with you on all of that though...they are blowing it bad with this decision in many ways

It's almost like...Staggs and company think that a Disney-generated IP that became a huge hit still doesn't rate as high as Marvel and Star Wars and so it's okay to do the barest, sparest theme-park attraction possible for it. They just don't seem to understand, much less respect, the creative reputation and legacy of the Walt Disney Company at all.

RSoxNo1

JIYI with it's lack of props, music, what made the original ride so special, and removing 1/3 of the ride space. All it had going for it was the thematic tie in.

Boom *Mic drop*
I don't fault Disney as much for mistakes like that. Rocket Rods is an interesting debate though because they literally cut corners there. Having said that, the ride was thematically appropriate just lousy execution. It's on par with the current Figment for me. They spent money poorly and it showed, but there's plenty of examples of that. Frozen Ever After has the cheaper option stink, the thematic break stink, and the inevitable operational issues stink.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Stitch's Great Mistake?
A horrible attraction, replacing a superior attraction. But it doesn't have the capacity issues and while I don't like characters in Tomorrowland the precedence for that was already set with Buzz Lightyear. There are plenty of attractions that are bad that you can keep bringing up. I actually have every expectation that the attraction itself for Frozen Ever After will be decent - at least at Little Mermaid level. The issues though far exceed the quality of the attraction.

Mike S

A horrible attraction, replacing a superior attraction. But it doesn't have the capacity issues and while I don't like characters in Tomorrowland the precedence for that was already set with Buzz Lightyear. There are plenty of attractions that are bad that you can keep bringing up. I actually have every expectation that the attraction itself for Frozen Ever After will be decent - at least at Little Mermaid level. The issues though far exceed the quality of the attraction.
And we all know how everyone feels about that ride 'round these parts.

RSoxNo1

And we all know how everyone feels about that ride 'round these parts.
Little Mermaid isn't the best ride in the world, but it's far from bad. The lighting complaints have largely been rectified, and the biggest complaint I keep hearing is that it's a book report ride. Frozen Ever After shouldn't be a book report ride so it's got that going for it.

Next Big Thing

Little Mermaid isn't the best ride in the world, but it's far from bad. The lighting complaints have largely been rectified, and the biggest complaint I keep hearing is that it's a book report ride. Frozen Ever After shouldn't be a book report ride so it's got that going for it.
There will be "fireworks" at the end of FEA (wow I hate that acronym...) though, not unlike LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom