Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi33

I did see some construction when I was in Epcot today, but I couldn't see from the top like others did. The Arendelle decorations on the construction barrier were a nice touch.
Print media... how hard is it to proofread these days? I'll have to fix it on my own.
c8Cqt8h.jpg
209hqf9.jpg

Now that is truly funny!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hi Kate F! We may be alone on these boards but I agree with you. If they are done tastefully and are tucked back into the countries I don't see why they can't add more character experiences.
I dont think you guys/gals are alone. There are many people that feel the same way. I just dont think it requires Disney to milk their IP's and characters at every turn and for every attraction. Just because a movie was successful means it should automatically get a ride or experience? Or because Ratotuille was French it MUST get something in France Pavilion? Thats not creative, its just plain lazy.
I think Epcot could still teach about world cultures and allow guests to meet some of their favorite characters- it just has to strike the right balance.
The balance was struck long ago, now its just tipping over in one direction and will come crashing down on the very people who are applauding it yet are too blinded by their own desire for instant gratification to move out of the way.
I think this new ride will really show us what the future of Epcot will look like and what direction it is headed.
Thats basically saying that the future of Epcot will be based on bad decisions. Regardless of how good or bad the ride will be, it was a bad decision. Not only in its location, but for the simple fact that they could have done so much more, yet they chose the most easy and least expensive option when they did not have to. That says a lot about what they feel the parks and the guest deserve for spending their hard earned money.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Would I much prefer Disney build original E-tickets like Mt. Fuji? Yes. However, I just don't think we can realistically expect something like that to get built with today's management, and I would rather have character based attractions than have Epcot be left to rot
If "todays management" wont build ONE quality E ticket, what makes you think they will build a handful (more than one) of quality character based attractions?

mimitchi33

Just because a movie was successful means it should automatically get a ride or experience? Or because Ratotuille was French it MUST get something in France Pavilion? Thats not creative, its just plain lazy.
It may seem lazy, but it helps boost attendance at the parks. Making multiple rides themed around a popular property will draw more kids and their families to the parks, and make great alternatives to other attractions in the parks kids may find boring, like Reflections of China or The American Adventure. It also makes a profit for Disney, since Frozen sells. On my recent trip, many girls wore Frozen shirts and dresses.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I would have to argue that EPCOT (mainly future world) as is, is the result of bad decisions lately. EPCOT USED to be a really unique park. Now its half dead with a cliff notes representation of a few countries (most of which are all screen based). I'd LOVE to see a little more creativity in the way countries are presented (not necessarily tied to characters, but I don't mind the current balance).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It may seem lazy, but it helps boost attendance at the parks.
It doesnt "seem" lazy, it is lazy. And its excusing laziness for a boost in attendance. I visit the parks for quality entertainment not for high attendance
Making multiple rides themed around a popular property will draw more kids and their families to the parks, and make great alternatives to other attractions in the parks kids may find boring, like Reflections of China or The American Adventure
It wont exactly make alternatives, it will replace existing areas. And why do "bored kids" always seem to have the right of way in terms of entertainment? When EPCOT becomes toon town, will the "bored adults" who seek culture and experiences sans characters be able to complain?
It also makes a profit for Disney, since Frozen sells. On my recent trip, many girls wore Frozen shirts and dresses.
So they make all these profits and then build sub par attractions that are lazy by design for the very same IP that allowed for said profits top be made. How this gets defended is beyond me.

TheOrangeBird01

On the My Disney Experience App, Frozen Ever After is listed as a "closed" ride, and in it's description it says the ride will open Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom