Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMouseFan

Since we're so far off topic anyway most of the time, I thought I would share this little tidbit that I just noticed this evening. I was flipping through this (which happens to be the "official" guide):
DSCN8307.JPG

And noticed this timeline:
DSCN8308.JPG

I got a good chuckle out of it!

Kate F

I've been thinking about how this ride is going to affect Epcot, and since the ride is probably going to be a huge hit, I think that it will end up creating an IP trend in World Showcase. I know many are against the idea and I would rather not have a bunch of IP-based attractions in World Showcase myself, but considering this and Soarin' Around the World look to be the only major new additions to the park for awhile, I'm becoming more accepting towards the idea. Would I much prefer Disney build original E-tickets like Mt. Fuji? Yes. However, I just don't think we can realistically expect something like that to get built with today's management, and I would rather have character based attractions than have Epcot be left to rot. As long as those attractions are well done and placed in thematically appropriate locations, I don't really have any problems with it. It just looks like this is the way Epcot is headed and despite many being against the idea of more characters in Epcot, it might be necessary to keep the park from sinking.

Thoughts?

Mike S

I've been thinking about how this ride is going to affect Epcot, and since the ride is probably going to be a huge hit, I think that it will end up creating an IP trend in World Showcase. I know many are against the idea and I would rather not have a bunch of IP-based attractions in World Showcase myself, but considering this and Soarin' Around the World look to be the only major new additions to the park for awhile, I'm becoming more accepting towards the idea. Would I much prefer Disney build original E-tickets like Mt. Fuji? Yes. However, I just don't think we can realistically expect something like that to get built with today's management, and I would rather have character based attractions than have Epcot be left to rot. As long as those attractions are well done and placed in thematically appropriate locations, I don't really have any problems with it. It just looks like this is the way Epcot is headed and despite many being against the idea of more characters in Epcot, it might be necessary to keep the park from sinking.

Thoughts?
I'd prefer to wait for better minds to take management roles.

Fox&Hound

Thoughts?

Hi Kate F! We may be alone on these boards but I agree with you. If they are done tastefully and are tucked back into the countries I don't see why they can't add more character experiences. Everyone says that characters belong in MK but I think families expect to see see Disney characters in Disney parks and they enjoy being immersed in the movies. I think Epcot could still teach about world cultures and allow guests to meet some of their favorite characters- it just has to strike the right balance. When MK started out Fantasyland was where you met classic characters but slowly over time, as Disney brought more characters to life, you started seeing characters influence all of the diff parts of MK and its rides. Like it or not, I think more characters and IPs will be added to all of the parks over time.

I'm excited to see how they handle Frozen and will be curious how it reflects Norweigian culture if at all. I think this new ride will really show us what the future of Epcot will look like and what direction it is headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom