Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaPlanet

If I was a betting man, I'd say that will happen eventually. Don't consider that a rumor, just a logical conclusion.

I think had they announced Ratatouille and Frozen simultaneously the backlash on Frozen Ever After would have been significantly lessened.
Makes enough sense. This would lessen the crowds in Norway, and there is an expansion pad right by France. The only problem is that the ride is still exclusive to Paris for a few more years.

Sped2424

I don't really give a rats behind what the "critics" or the general public like. 99 percent of the time they're tastes are so basic, its cringe-worthy.
Except these same critics and other sites such as imdb and other things rely on fans judging the film for what it is too. If you weren't trying to throw 2nd grade shade this would so much easier. The only thing I am trying to sway here is the mindset that because you dislike the film personally that equates to it being bad, a fad, and something that is going to die out and lose it's status as a classic in a couple years. Which is very, very, very wrong and naive. I don't love frozen I like it but it's not my personal favorite, but I understand everything it did and that it's not going ANYWHERE in the next 25 years. To believe otherwise would be childish but that seems in line with how you handle yourself.
mariah-sorry.gif

Herbie

The hype for Frozen kind of irks me, but I haven't seen the film and I'm retro as hell so maybe that's why... I'm all for a new ride, especially in a park that just is not universally kid-friendly, and my eyes and ears do not burn at the thought of Frozen in Norway.

I have no issue with adding rides to World Showcase. They can only add so many (and only so many IPs at that), and there's nothing they could add (to me) that would feel terribly out-of-place... Pinocchio (Italy), Ratatouille (France), Mary Poppins (United Kingdom), possibly Aladdin (Morocco) and that's really it... Japan & Germany have the option of adding rides (which would probably be IP-free), not to mention the slight possibility of getting a new country, so I believe everything could balance itself out in the future, if only an expansion/renovation takes place.

Sped2424

I've already acknowledged it will be classic for this generation of tots. Learn to read my friend before accusing me of such ignorant drivel.
It will be a classic beyond a generation of tots. But the best thing about our opinions is in the long run it holds 0 relevance to Frozen being the already disney classic that it is :)

mitchk

Has anyone spoke about the snow monster. By that I mean what kind of AA he is going to be. I'm not sure if this is been discussed already, but if you so Ursula from the little mermaid ride, you basically already saw him ;)

Mike S

I'd be surprised if a new Epcot ride opened within 3 years after Soarin Around the World and Frozen Ever After. It's needed, but I don't think it will happen.
I'd be surprised if Ratatouille ever happened even with Disney's current IP kick in WS. Seems too expensive for them.

JoeCamel

Made a few edits to my story:

"I can picture it now...You enter Epcot and grab a few park maps with Elsa on the front cover and begin to make your way over to World Showcase. Future World is for the most part deserted, minus the crowds of people flocking to Test Track and Soarin'. You start to make your way over to the Norway pavilion when all of a sudden you come across the end of a huge line that has extended all the way into Mexico. You grieve over the fact that you were unable to get a Fastpass for the ride and now you must wait in this 4+ hour line if you wish to have any chance of experiencing the new attraction. You are not looking forward to standing in a huge line in the Florida heat surrounded by a bunch of loud children wearing Anna and Elsa dresses, but you decide to put yourself through the torture anyway, as it is the newest ride on property and has been much anticipated. On the bright side though, you are very impressed by all of the new architecture and rock work, something you weren't really expecting when you first heard about this project. When the project was first announced, you thought it would just be nothing more than a cheap Maelstrom overlay, and you are glad to see that Disney really did care about providing a high-quality experience with this one. After a few hours of sweating and staring at your phone, you finally make it to the actual queue. The queue contains instrumental tracks from Frozen as well as some visual references to the film, and it all looks very nice. You start to think that maybe this really could be worth waiting that long for after all. You are almost to the front of the line, and can see the boats being loaded and unloaded. The people being unloaded have looks on their faces telling you that you have indeed wasted your time. You hop into the boat, and soon you're off. This is the big moment, the hottest (or...coolest) attraction in Florida, the thing you just waited hours in line for. The little girls in your boat are super excited and you can't help but smile at their enjoyment. You come across animatronics of Sven, Olaf, Anna and Kristoff, and are very impressed by the technology. It becomes chillier and you know what is about to come. The star of the ride appears singing the famous song, and before you know it, you come towards the end of the ride where all the characters are smiling and waving at the boat. You just exit the boat with a blank expression on your face, though the little girls in your boat seemed to love it. You can't be angry, you can't be upset, you should have known what you were in for. You don't want to even think about the time you just wasted in that line, concluding your thoughts of the ride with "I guess it was cute, I probably would have enjoyed it more had I only had to wait 20 minutes." You then decide to eat lunch in World Showcase and soon after that you decide to use your Fastpass for Test Track, which currently has an 80 minute standby wait time. You just move on with your day at Epcot and choose to forget about the frustrating experience you had earlier that day, otherwise you'd just be filled with grief. The good news is that you were able to find the perfect viewing spot for Illuminations and you took lots of pictures. The day ended up not being a total bummer after all, perhaps even the highlight of your trip. The End."

Your post to like ratio should be much higher than it is. Every post you make is a clear assessment of the topic under discussion and offers a clear view of the situation. I think it is the way of future that EPCoT will face until they (WDC) decides that they will "fix" the potential best park they own. Hope this does not play out as you describe but I don't see any other scenario that will be more real.

Thanks for your posts, I look forward to more.

NearTheEars

I don't really give a rats behind what the "critics" or the general public like. 99 percent of the time their tastes are so basic, its cringe-worthy.

So you are basically saying that only you are qualified to rate a film. Good to know.

Cesar R M

Except these same critics and other sites such as imdb and other things rely on fans judging the film for what it is too. If you weren't trying to throw 2nd grade shade this would so much easier. The only thing I am trying to sway here is the mindset that because you dislike the film personally that equates to it being bad, a fad, and something that is going to die out and lose it's status as a classic in a couple years. Which is very, very, very wrong and naive. I don't love frozen I like it but it's not my personal favorite, but I understand everything it did and that it's not going ANYWHERE in the next 25 years. To believe otherwise would be childish but that seems in line with how you handle yourself.
mariah-sorry.gif
I dont think the movie was bad. just overhyped for hitting the "right spot" in the money aspect.
Tangled for me was better.
Ps, Still annoying how pixied dusted ultra disney fans kept claiming that Frozen was a "epic masterpiece that gave us many things that no other movie gave, like family issues, magic, friendship" (and who knows how many skadosh to over inflate the movie).
When it was clear that these people who said this, never seen movies outside of Disney (like dreamworks, nickelodeon, or japanese studios..etc..)
All of which have had these aspects already.

It will be a classic beyond a generation of tots. But the best thing about our opinions is in the long run it holds 0 relevance to Frozen being the already disney classic that it is :)

To be a real classic, it needs to stay relevant in the next decades.
I dont think why anyone is already claiming its a classic when barely any time has passed and we havent seen if it will endure the power of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom