Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

I don't think this one is nearly tall enough to work almost ever. ESPECIALLY up close. Beast's Castle works for the most part when I see it, but this just seems like a big fail.
Beasts Castle doesn't work. It's too small and too close to pull off the forced perspective. If it's supposed to be far away, how is there a door that takes you right inside from the "closer" side of the mountain? Unless Disney has a Portal gun it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Beasts Castle doesn't work. It's too small and too close to pull off the forced perspective. If it's supposed to be far away, how is there a door that takes you right inside from the "closer" side of the mountain? Unless Disney has a Portal gun it doesn't make sense.
It works as a visual and that is all it is supposed to do. Unless of course you would feel better if Disney made one walk that distance and up a mountain to get in the door. Keep repeating to yourself... Fantasyland, Fantasyland, Fantasyland!

Alejandro

I do see Ratatouille in France, Mary Poppins in England, Mulan in China, but the movies are set IN and make use of THE culture of the countries, in the case of Mulan it is a Chinese poem from the 6th century.
Norway is not where Frozen is set, and I think the original tale was Dutch. That's why it is upsetting to us fans of WS.
They really should have built this in MK, left Norway alone and adapted some Norwegian story for the movies, I don't know maybe a kid's Sigurd, minus the beheading and blood baths and blood drinking, and turned Maelstrom into that.
It would be awesome to see him facing a Dragon...

Cesar R M

it's gotta be intentional to look like a music box on a hill? I mean the thing is straight from frozen fever
landscape-1447175173-frozen-fever-originally-debuted-with-2015s-live-action-cinderella-in-theaters.png

they can't honestly believe in any world that this works convincingly as a castle in the distance.
wasnt this an april's fools joke?

Next Big Thing

The great majority of the time that I look at it in FL it works for me. You're not-picking. Looking at Beasts Castle, most of the time the forced perspective works.

bhg469

Well, there's cake!! Well... the far inferior relative to actual cake, cupcakes...

PalisadesPkteer

Doe's anyone know what the opening date is for this ride for certain?
EPCOT has so many other areas that need help first (Imagination etc)

sedati

Danish. Like the pastry.
The Ice Queen was written by a Danish author. I did a search for where the story was meant to take place the first answer found was Spitsbergen, thought no reasons were give as to why. In the story itself Lapland is mentioned.
But Frozen took place where ever Disney says it took place as it is nearly a whole-cloth creation of theirs and is only (very) loosely based on the Andersen story. They pooled many inspirations for the look of the film, though people who are not on this forum might say it has a Norwegian theme. The idea that a Norwegian themed fictional story could be placed in a Norwegian themed area of a theme park is a debate worthy of two hundred pages and counting.

Last edited:

Sped2424

The Ice Queen was written by a Dutch author. I did a search for where the story was meant to take place the first answer found was Spitsbergen, thought no reasons were give as to why. In the story itself Lapland is mentioned.
But Frozen took place where ever Disney says it took place as it is nearly a whole-cloth creation of theirs and is only (very) loosely based on the Andersen story. They pooled many inspirations for the look of the film, though people who are not on this forum might say it has a Norwegian theme. The idea that a Norwegian themed fictional story could be placed in a Norwegian themed area of a theme park is a debate worthy of two hundred pages and counting.
Wasn't the snow queen written by Hans Christen Andersen? Who is indeed Danish?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Queen
Where are you getting your source from.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
The Ice Queen was written by a Danish author. I did a search for where the story was meant to take place the first answer found was Spitsbergen, thought no reasons were give as to why. In the story itself Lapland is mentioned.

Actually, this is a two hundred page thread about construction updates with just "a few" off-topic posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom