Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Analyst

image.jpeg
Well looking back at the artist rendering it looks like it could have buildings on top... Or be a structure man made and decaying. Unsure.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So...does this follow any sort of "true" Norwegian architectural design or styling? Or does this look perhaps a little "cartoon-y" to anyone else?
Im sure the crazies will find a way to link it as being "true Norwegian", regardless of how cartoon-y it looks. In fact, Disney could announce that they specifically went with a cartoon-y look and had no intention of representing Norway in its design, and the crazies will still find a way to justify it as being proper for WS. Their kids all get "bored" if they are not completely inundated with characters and fantasy 100% of the time.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Im sure the crazies will find a way to link it as being "true Norwegian", regardless of how cartoon-y it looks. In fact, Disney could announce that they specifically went with a cartoon-y look and had no intention of representing Norway in its design, and the crazies will still find a way to justify it as being proper for WS. Their kids all get "bored" if they are not completely inundated with characters and fantasy 100% of the time.

Then again, Disney could go to Norway, take an actual building and transplant it to the Norway pavilion and there will be people complaining that it isn't authentic enough.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Then again, Disney could go to Norway, take an actual building and transplant it to the Norway pavilion and there will be people complaining that it isn't authentic enough.
When has anyone ever claimed "its not authentic enough", in reference to any architecture in WS?

Brian Swan

So...does this follow any sort of "true" Norwegian architectural design or styling? Or does this look perhaps a little "cartoon-y" to anyone else?
The people certainly look "cartoony"... :) Rendering style aside, the buildings are in keeping with rural Norwegian architecture, and the construction photo that was posted a couple of pages back didn't look especially "cartoony", so I have hopes that at least the exteriors will retain an "authentic" Norwegian look. I'm wondering if there is a "real" mountain top fortress that is serving as a model for the rockwork or if it is just based on generic archetypes.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure glad that when it was "pure" Norway then never used any cartoonish trolls. They were actual in every detail, nothing whimsical about them. It's getting to the point where you guys are stretching so far to find fault with the area that you may just snap in the middle.

We may or may not like the Frozen attraction there, but, that is where it is and from the looks of that stuff, they are doing a really good job and making it look real nice in there. I'm not sure why that would be detrimental to the image of Norway.

Horizons1

I'm sure glad that when it was "pure" Norway then never used any cartoonish trolls. They were actual in every detail, nothing whimsical about them. It's getting to the point where you guys are stretching so far to find fault with the area that you may just snap in the middle.

We may or may not like the Frozen attraction there, but, that is where it is and from the looks of that stuff, they are doing a really good job and making it look real nice in there. I'm not sure why that would be detrimental to the image of Norway.
They weren't really cartoony, though. Trolls are a part of Norway myth. While unrealistic, yes, they fit into Norway just fine because of then role they played in Norway culture. Singing snowmen on the other hand....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I dont think it will be detrimental and I do think it looks nice. I was just commenting on the people that will ridiculously find a way to claim it is based in reality regardless of its design concept. FWIW, I am looking forward to experiencing the ride. Just because I dont agree with its placement does not mean I will not attempt to enjoy it. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I had to look that one up...:bookworm: (Thanks Google)

View attachment 136235

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say I was just stating an opinion based on my observation of previous posts. I've seen many posts on this Forum that have been much more polemic than my post. (Specifically on the "HM Stretching Room is too Scary" thread. :))
Gotta love google! I meant polemic more in the sense how politicians use it:). I didnt take it as an attack.. Thanks for not taking my statement that way either. This Frozen thread can get the emotions going, lol. Your a good man

ChrisM

The Tolkien family wasn't to keen on seeing their property be "devalued" in a theme park arena.

It's been my understanding that Christopher Tolkien is the barrier. Once he passes to the Halls of Mandos the rest of the family will be more than happy to cash in any remaining chips they have.

That geezer is 91, so it probably won't be terribly long now.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I dont think it will be detrimental and I do think it looks nice. I was just commenting on the people that will ridiculously find a way to claim it is based in reality regardless of its design concept. FWIW, I am looking forward to experiencing the ride. Just because I dont agree with its placement does not mean I will not attempt to enjoy it. :)

Key word is attempt here, Don't forget the CamelBak and a 'Policemans Friend' for your 4-6 hour wait in line :jawdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom