Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyPrincess5

I've still been hearing May 27th.
Okay thanks, I thought it was around then.

I have not read all of the posts in this thread so my apologies if this topic has been beaten to death...but why has the opening date been pushed back a few times?
Like I said, when we saw the construction I was surprised at how much work was being done. Did everything just take much longer than expected? It seems like they're making a ton of room for the queue, and I guess rightfully so.

aladdin2007

Okay thanks, I thought it was around then.

I have not read all of the posts in this thread so my apologies if this topic has been beaten to death...but why has the opening date been pushed back a few times?
Like I said, when we saw the construction I was surprised at how much work was being done. Did everything just take much longer than expected? It seems like they're making a ton of room for the queue, and I guess rightfully so.

are you sure your not confusing the new meetngreet building area with the ride queue? Queue space is really more of a swap and reconfiguration, from the old queue room space to what was the theater. Theres no connection between the ride queue and the new construction.

DisneyPrincess5

are you sure your not confusing the new meetngreet building area with the ride queue? Queue space is really more of a swap and reconfiguration, from the old queue room space to what was the theater. Theres no connection between the ride queue and the new construction.
Ooh ok, possibly? When we were there, it looked at though they cleared a ton of land to build on to the left of the Stave church. That isn't for a queue, but for a meet and greet?!?

DisneyPrincess5

Meet n greet and woman's bathrooms. On an area designated for a new country.

Nothing to do with the actual ride.
Oh wooow okay thanks for clarifying!

So the queue will be...where the theater was, then leading into where Maelstroms queue was? If so, doesn't that seem kind of tight?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh wooow okay thanks for clarifying!

So the queue will be...where the theater was, then leading into where Maelstroms queue was? If so, doesn't that seem kind of tight?
Worse. The queue will only be where the old theatre was - and not using all of that space since it'll also house the exit around the edge. The old queue area is no more.

The rest of the queue will be outside. And run all the way to Mexico. Which will be plugged as a huge success.

DisneyPrincess5

Worse. The queue will only be where the old theatre was - and not using all of that space since it'll also house the exit around the edge. The old queue area is no more.

The rest of the queue will be outside. And run all the way to Mexico. Which will be plugged as a huge success.

the old original Maelstrom queue is now show scene space with a short extension to the existing track.
Umm wow okay. Thanks for clarifying, guys! The whole design seems illogical. When we saw the cleared land, we made the (what I thought was an intelligent) assumption that it would hold the winding million person queue. Oy.

Wikkler

you mean Canada :D
deleteme-png.132969

mitchk

OK ... well back on topic, has it ever been discussed about the Olaf, and Anna On the lift hill? Projections, AA's? I remember that space on the hill being very constricted .......

aladdin2007

OK ... well back on topic, has it ever been discussed about the Olaf, and Anna On the lift hill? Projections, AA's? I remember that space on the hill being very constricted .......

from what I understood I wouldn't expect animatronics on the lift hill, but snow like projections as your suppose to be climbing up into the north mountains....

mitchk

Oh. Ok. Thank you for clearing that up. So I'm guessing that now of the ice-skating scene will be where the first scene of the ride once was

Miss Rapunzel

Yeah i have heard this too.. Something similar to the wave rising over your clamshell on TLM ride. Should be interesting to see what they do with it.

brihow

Has someone done a groundplan view of what this will look like? I've seen the new ride track that has been mocked-up, but I'd love to see what the ride track with the new queue will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom