Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirael

They were totally doing a test run today and I took a picture:

tumblr_o3kh1lzB4c1ro8jcyo3_r1_1280.png

Timekeeper

A friend of mine is at the World today and he asked a bus driver about the status of Frostrom. The bus driver showed my friend a picture on the driver's phone and allowed my friend to take a picture of the picture on the phone. Apparently the bus drivers get mid-construction tours of new attractions. This appears to be the boat storage and maintenance area.

frostrom_boats_bus_driver.jpg

Donaldfan1934

I'm fortunate enough in life that I'm able to take trips to DLR and WDW a couple times each year. I still love both places; but, WDW has become more and more detached from the Disney Parks standard as time has elapsed in the last decade plus. While you will still find examples of bad show at both resorts, the issue is only systemic in Orlando. I would encourage anyone that can visit both, to try to notice the little details and its in those that the differences seem to magnify. Focus on an attribute like maintenance and compare and contrast how they are dissimilar. Things break. It's the theme park business after all. What's important is to see how failure is handled. Is it left to fester or is it resolved?

Ask yourself, if Radiator Springs Racers were in Orlando - would the tractor tipping effect ever operate? It's quite common to see it fail in Anaheim; but, it's equally common to see it back up and working later in your vacation.

Ask yourself, how many times on a vacation in Orlando do you see an AA on Pirates sit inoperable for more than one day and compare that to a trip on DL's?

After you pay attention to the more obvious things like "broken vs. working", you can then compare and contrast more Disney different types of things like cleanliness, audio balance, and lighting.

Comparing "itsm" at either park is a very good example of all the above.

It doesn't take 20/20 vision to notice the layers of dirt on Pan in the MK versus DL.

That's not saying DL is perfect. Splash needs a major, major refurb in Anaheim. Unfortunately, California's occupational safety laws have become so strict that the current show sets inside of the Mountain aren't compliant. They will need to be reworked in order for maintenance to do their jobs. This will require a multi-month closure just to re-engineer the interior sets, so coming out of the refurb - they can keep it working. Unfortunately, I think it's going to fester until SWL is operational.

Just keep in mind that complex attractions, like roller-coasters, are always going to have good days and bad ones. It sounds like you caught DL's BTM on a bad day. Something as simple a guest taking too long to get in or out of the train could cause a cascade backup on track and then it might have needed a reset, which requires a visit from maintenance. For the 7 days I was there in August and the 6 days in January, it was open each time we either rode or went by the attraction.
Indeed, both resorts have problem spots but there are somewhat less of them at DL. I would blame this on thred things. DL being smaller, WDW being so big that the imagineers have built attractions that are considered unpopular and therefore lower on the maintenance list, and WDW (more specifically Magic Kingdom) being so focused on capacity that they won't close attractions like Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, and even the Enchanted Tiki Room long enough to receive proper updates. On my trip to DL last summer, I saw two major problem spots. As you mentioned, Splash Mountain has compliancy issues so despite the fact that the animatronics that worked worked really well, the first Brer Rabbit in the How Do You Do? Scene was missing all three times I went on it. The other one that you didn't mention were the vehicles in Buzz. While the ride itself was in good shape that is most certainly better shape than WDW's currently is, the shape of the vehicles were amongst the most deplorable things that I've ever seen in a Disney theme park. Most were had a ton of chipped paint and others had broken guns therefore lowering the rides capacity. Overall, I think that both resorts have solid maintenance, its just that DL is a lot better in a few key areas especially updating. Also, from what I've heard, WDW's Pirates has been in much better shape since the refurb.

lazyboy97o

The imagineers from Maelstrom are probably all dead by now and if not they got paid well for their idea. I wouldn't weep to much over it. And what where you Theme obsessed folks expecting? Perhaps a skull and crossbones?
Many of the people who designed the EPCOT Center are alive and well, sharing what they learned from the original Imagineers with others.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

A friend of mine is at the World today and he asked a bus driver about the status of Frostrom. The bus driver showed my friend a picture on the driver's phone and allowed my friend to take a picture of the picture on the phone. Apparently the bus drivers get mid-construction tours of new attractions. This appears to be the boat storage and maintenance area.

frostrom_boats_bus_driver.jpg
aaa yes, the mythical "insider' bus driver.
I think we will have better luck winning the lotto or catching a pokemon legendary with a starter.

Bartattack

Well, we passed the point of no return. Every real construction picture that gets posted here will be automatically labeled 'Photoshop'. :)

We will now only know the truth when we ride it ourselves.

No Name

So it looks like the well is starting to dry up on Frozen photoshop ideas. By the way, I got a good laugh out of many of them, so thank you. It really lightened up the thread.

But don't shut down photoshop just yet. If there's anything even slightly exciting about the rumored Tower of Terror redo... :D

DisneyPrincess5

So what is the most current projected opening? I believe the last I read was something like May or June?

We just went to Epcot on 3/7 and were surprised to see how much space they're making for the ride. Or queue I should say? Shouldn't have been surprised, but still was. It's looking like they're moving along decently well.

MagicHappens1971

So what is the most current projected opening? I believe the last I read was something like May or June?

We just went to Epcot on 3/7 and were surprised to see how much space they're making for the ride. Or queue I should say? Shouldn't have been surprised, but still was. It's looking like they're moving along decently well.
I've still been hearing May 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom