Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldfan1934

100% agreed. The sad truth is that Burbank has long considered WDW as the "MK and Friends". MK is the golden goose. It drives the engine that is the hotel/resort complex that is located near the MK... and also has some other things in the form of parks they can sell tickets for.

While all of the fan community bemoans the sad imbalance that exists between the parks in Orlando, TDO mentality was such that a gate spin at MK carried more weight than a gate spin at one of the "others". As long as the MK draws people in and fills the resorts, who cares if the imbalance of Disney Parks quality exists. A guest buying a ticket and blowing through a partial days worth of fun at one of the others is more likely to jump over to Disney World (a.k.a. MK) anyway.

The real problem is now MK has reached a point where it is too big to fail. It's carrying the weight of the resort literally on its shoulders. Need 6 months to take an attraction down?... sorry, here's 2 months and we will see your request again in a year or so when things start breaking again. Want to create holding pens to cram more people into the Hub and want to shut down parades and Castle shows for a couple of months to do it?... sorry, we don't have enough confidence in the other parks abilities to hold the masses, so instead of cancelling anything, just do the project over the next 2 years.

DHS 2.0 and Pandora HAVE to shuffle the deck; but, the mindset that WDW is a WORLD and not a Kingdom has be continued or else the temporary reshuffling will lead us back to a resort where everyone still spends the majority of their time fighting their way upstream at Main Street USA. Rejoice if we get a World where MK's numbers aren't leading each year in the percentage of attendance increases and the "others" hold that title.
And I 100% agree with you as well. Personally, I think that while additional capacity in DAK is a good thing, it's not enough to completely turn the tide for that park. While Rivers of Light will certainly keep the park thriving at night, Avatar might not have that much of a pull. Sure, it's been said before that theme may not affect its quality, but what about its attendance boost. The land is riding on a movie that most people haven't cared about since about a year after it was released. It will stabilize the park, but I don't think it has the appeal to fix it entirely. DHS 2.0 on the other hand will be the park that will finally get a bigger boost than MK. Not only will things like Toy Story land and other potential additions will up the general appeal to families and people who want a park worth going too, but Star Wars land will have the park bursting at the seems. Again, that's just my two cents on the matter, but DHS 2.0 is looking like it will be the park that finally puts the "World" back in Walt Disney World. Sure, Epcot especially will still be the mixed bag that it is today, but DHS 2.0 May finally relieve the Magic Kindom a bit so that it can truly live up to its full potential instead of being people funnel that gets minimal updates and tourist appeasing downgrades.

hopemax

So did the track snap and a cart flew off at Disneyland's space? Like what happened when they realized there was no saving it. I see people always mention that it got bad but never really say the situation

I wanted to refresh my own memory about it. So I went digging around on MiceAge's archive.org files. Here's Al Lutz's original closure post. The style is pretty odd even for Al. I don't remember if everyone stayed tight-lipped or not as time when on. But for fun with the Wayback Machine...

https://web.archive.org/web/20030411190417/http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al041103a.htm

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So did the track snap and a cart flew off at Disneyland's space? Like what happened when they realized there was no saving it. I see people always mention that it got bad but never really say the situation
The ride closed at the end of day. It was scheduled to open the following morning as usual. Cast were scheduled to work it.

3rd shift found defects that wouldn't guarantee the ride will still be intact at the end of the following day had it been operated as usual.

Sped2424

Timekeeper

The look of the new boats doesn't really surprise me... :cautious:

frostrom_boats.jpg

Lirael

And I 100% agree with you as well. Personally, I think that while additional capacity in DAK is a good thing, it's not enough to completely turn the tide for that park. While Rivers of Light will certainly keep the park thriving at night, Avatar might not have that much of a pull. Sure, it's been said before that theme may not affect its quality, but what about its attendance boost. The land is riding on a movie that most people haven't cared about since about a year after it was released. It will stabilize the park, but I don't think it has the appeal to fix it entirely. DHS 2.0 on the other hand will be the park that will finally get a bigger boost than MK. Not only will things like Toy Story land and other potential additions will up the general appeal to families and people who want a park worth going too, but Star Wars land will have the park bursting at the seems. Again, that's just my two cents on the matter, but DHS 2.0 is looking like it will be the park that finally puts the "World" back in Walt Disney World. Sure, Epcot especially will still be the mixed bag that it is today, but DHS 2.0 May finally relieve the Magic Kindom a bit so that it can truly live up to its full potential instead of being people funnel that gets minimal updates and tourist appeasing downgrades.

I agree that initially, AK probably wont get much of a boost when AvatarLand is done. Some will want to go for the fun of seeing new stuff, but the majority wont go "Omg Avatar!!" like they will at Star Wars and Toy Story.

However if the new rides are good and can stand on their own without relying on love of Avatar, I think after a while word will spread and people will start flocking to AK more not because "Avatar" but for it being a very well themed park with lots of good rides and attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom