Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgeEight-E

Never been a big fan of this, but I will give them credit for not just re-telling the movie like they did with Little Mermaid. At least it appears they are building an original story for the ride. It's a small thing, but credit where credit is due.

Sure, it's a brand new, totally original story in which Elsa once again builds her own ice palace and sings an encore of "Let It Go".

odmichael

Which is the point I try to make, but the trolls (ironically in a Norway death thread) are rampant and ignore the underlining world we live in today. This ride is not designed for US. Its designed for the AVERAGE GUEST.
Average guest? Universal's Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Hogwart's castle is for the "Average Guest" and it is beloved by all. Why is it loved? Because of its originality. Sure the technology may make it more original than other rides. However, what has Disney done in recent years to create new and original rides? They are all refurbished rides from previous attractions that were also beloved. Universal has refurbished attractions too. But at least they have also created new and loved attractions. Sure they lost Jaws. But they completely revamped that part of the Theme Park for original attractions. Disney is only now just trying to play catch-up with New Fantasyland and Avatar World.

I'm not saying I won't like this ride. I'm sure I will. But in a themepark with all that open space and some other closed or older buildings, there was no reason why a completely new attraction couldn't have been made.

The Tuna

Agreed. but im sure in 2 years they could have at least reimagined a couple of pavilions if they knew Frozen was going in and how crazy the numbers were going to be.

twebber55

There's plenty of space if you rework backstage (would cost a lot, but help out in the long term)

Plus, Storybook Circus is disposable. And the Speedway takes up a HUGE chunk of land that blocks expansion for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (there's a large amount of space behind it and Space Mt)
its not about space in MK as it is the place needs to disperse more evenly
yeah the speedway is huge waste of space...embarrassing for world class theme park

mahnamahna101

Agreed. but im sure in 2 years they could have at least reimagined a couple of pavilions if they knew Frozen was going in and how crazy the numbers were going to be.
TDO works too slow for that.

Really they should have been slowly revitalizing the park over the last 10 years.

2005 - WoL replacement
2006 - Soarin'/Land revamp
2007 - Seas revamp
2008 - Spaceship Earth/Innoventions revamp
2009 - Weather pavillion between Seas and Land
2010 - Ellen upgrade/revamp
2011 - Test Track and Mission Space upgrades
2012 - Imagination revamp/expansion
2013 - Soarin' (2 new theaters), C-ticket for UK
2014 - Rhine River Cruise for Germany
2015 - Mt. Fuji E-ticket for Japan
2016 - upgrades for all WS films, Frozen E-ticket/mini-land in WS expansion pad, update Maelstrom appropriately

a $2-2.5 billion revamp spread over 10 years.

With DHS and DAK also getting a similar treatment. Then 2012-2021 could have been used primarily to fix up the MK in time for the 50th.

mahnamahna101

its not about space in MK as it is the place needs to disperse more evenly
yeah the speedway is huge waste of space...embarrassing for world class theme park
Which is why expanding behind Speedway/Space Mt. would help spread crowds.

If there's new, world-class additions in a whole new section, SDMT, Space Mt., Peter Pan and Buzz will all receive far less pressure to draw crowds. IASW would also return to its 5-10 minute waits all day rather than the 30-40 min ones in post-FP+ WDW.

I do agree that Adventureland and Frontierland need their crowds spread out first. Jungle Cruise, HM and POTC shouldn't have 45-50 min waits, and Splash/Big Thunder shouldn't have to carry the weight for the entire top left section of the park. The whole left side of the park needs a revamp badly.

twebber55

Which is why expanding behind Speedway/Space Mt. would help spread crowds.

If there's new, world-class additions in a whole new section, SDMT, Space Mt., Peter Pan and Buzz will all receive far less pressure to draw crowds. IASW would also return to its 5-10 minute waits all day rather than the 30-40 min ones in post-FP+ WDW.

I do agree that Adventureland and Frontierland need their crowds spread out first. Jungle Cruise, HM and POTC shouldn't have 45-50 min waits, and Splash/Big Thunder shouldn't have to carry the weight for the entire top left section of the park. The whole left side of the park needs a revamp badly.
I guess im not being clear....EPCOT can handle crowds a lot better than MK due to size... EPCOT is hurting for something MK is not....
if you bring a frozen land to MK it makes crowds worse not better even if you expand the park

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yep most people are going to be happy I'm sure.

Maelstrom has a low capacity, and a short ride time.

Big issues though will be FP+ availability and a horrendous standby wait. Those who have issues with those two aspects will not have exuberant smiles.
And more so should the FP+ availability list both Maelstrom and the M&G as Tier 1 attractions....

BoarderPhreak

Yep most people are going to be happy I'm sure.

Maelstrom has a low capacity, and a short ride time.

Big issues though will be FP+ availability and a horrendous standby wait. Those who have issues with those two aspects will not have exuberant smiles.
Exactly. I fear, just like Soarin' and Test Track that this new attraction will be among those I get to see once a vacation. I suppose that's good as far as Disney is concerned (maximum attendance), I do not welcome this revamp. I much preferred Maelstrom, as decrepit as it was.

Mike S

It just sounds like they were lazy with the name imo.
Lazy with the whole thing imo.
I guess im not being clear....EPCOT can handle crowds a lot better than MK due to size... EPCOT is hurting for something MK is not....
if you bring a frozen land to MK it makes crowds worse not better even if you expand the park
DHS is also hurting. An amazing Imagination redo would've helped Epcot as well and it would actually have a good enough capacity for big crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom