Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Radden

Can we take Iger's $46+ million salary and use that towards a serious Epcot overhaul? One that reinforces the original concepts of the park. I know its just a drop in the bucket compared with what it would really cost, but hey it's a start. And maybe taking his salary for this project would actually make him give a hoot about WDW. ....He's not hurtin for it.

mahnamahna101

That's the only one I would really be ok with since it seems so similar to Cranium Command. Also Nemo having some kind of presence in the Seas but the current ride there is pretty mediocre. Some people have said there are rumors of Good Dinosaur replacing UoE. If so, :banghead: That would be much better replacing Chester & Hester in AK.
Well considering it's an empty pavillion used only for events right now, I'd support any E-ticket (character based or not) pavillion in its place.

Good Dinosaur should just get a family boat ride in a Dinoland revamp. Plus, Monsters Inc is the only Disney IP that remotely ties into energy.

I'd rather UoE simply be updated (keep Ellen and Bill Nye, but make the attraction itself far more dynamic)

odmichael

That's the only one I would really be ok with since it seems so similar to Cranium Command. Also Nemo having some kind of presence in the Seas but the current ride there is pretty mediocre. Some people have said there are rumors of Good Dinosaur replacing UoE. If so, :banghead: That would be much better replacing Chester & Hester in AK.

Nemo just needs a new ride somewhere else. Maybe Animal Kingdom of Hollywood Studios. Also I hope the Good Dinosaur rumors are false. Obviously I haven't seen the movie but that just seems like another ride revamp for UoE, one that doesn't fit with the theme of Future World

FettFan

From the Wall Street Journal:
The setting for “Frozen Ever After” is the winter festival that takes place in summer, when residents of Arendelle apparently celebrate their favorite season of the year in the midst of its polar opposite.

Oh yes, their favorite season, which is why so many people were on the verge of freezing to death in the movie.

FLDIS86

This ride makes me really sad. I don't normally post to the boards but I read everyday. I am very disappointed by what they are doing to the Norway pavilion . I have been going to Disney World since I was a little girl, and I learned so much by going to Epcot (esp in the 90s), which was educational and inventive. Bringing film characters to the countries and replaying "Let it go" over and over doesn't tell me anything about the culture of Norway as a country. I go to the countries to learn about that country and be immersed into their culture. I think Disney is taking the wrong direction with this ride. Why not incorporate Elsa and Anna into teaching the riders about their country of Norway almost like Nemo in Living with the Seas? I don't mind Donald Duck being in the Mexico ride because he was in The Three Caballeros film all about Mexico. I don't mean to go on a rant here, but I am sad to see where Epcot is going...

The whole concept of the ride bothers be too. Yes it's a new storyline, but it makes no sense to the message of the original film. Why is Elsa back in her ice tower singing let it go?

Sped2424

For those who clamoured this would be some brand new e-ticket attraction, that somehow Bob Iger would change a way of his Disney Tenure and invest money into an attraction - egg on your face. And it pains me to say that, because i would have loved to have been wrong.

But we can all see now - this is the exact same Malaestrom attraction with just a change of theme - ie a few screens and music doted around the place. How underwhelming.

And there are people on this board who actually believe Disney will go ahead with a Star Wars land - never going to happen.
Given the space anyone who thought they were getting an eticket in the first place was already delusional. The highest the ride was ever going to soar was just around "that was cute".

Magic Feather

I now realize that this is NOT what some thought it would be ( a romp through the movie) but instead, we get something else(a), a huge Frozen hodge Podge. I still have yet to decide if this is better.

Shaman

And just call the park Magic Kingdom 2. So sad.

I get it.

Epcot Center died a long time ago. I'll never forget my trip to Epcot, excited to ride Horizons, only to be met with a massive wall, keeping me away as demolition/construction was about to get underway. Sad. Even as a kid Epcot was my favorite park. AK replaced it.

Where do we go from here?

I think the basics of the original park's concepts can survive.

Adding movie characters to FW/WS perhaps changes their initial purposes, but it also makes them more accessible to the younger children and families overall. If done correctly anyway.

You can have a country's representation in the the real and fictional realms showcased.

Technology has made the world a truly smaller place, does that impact a concept like World Showcase? I think so. The novelty just isn't there. People go to WS these days mostly for the food/drink.

I think an UoE original replacement that captures the old Epcot Center essence is necessary. I'm also intrigued by a pavilion that might focus on health again, with an attraction based on Inside Out that delves into emotional health. These attractions should be part of fully fleshed out pavilions.

A climate pavilion would be cool too. Maybe with some kind of attraction that shows us what the Earth looked, looks, and will look like.

My overall point is that to help WDW, Epcot needs to evolve, and it can do so without relinquishing its dedication to scientific and cultural showcases. New approaches can fulfill the same goals.

I know many have lost hope, but maybe the future won't be so grim. At least the wand is gone.

Last edited:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I now realize that this is NOT what some thought it would be ( a romp through the movie) but instead, we get something else(a), a huge Frozen hodge Podge. I still have yet to decide if this is better.
This joins Nemo in the illustrious realm of "Not a book report because we're telling a different story, even if that story is just the worlds lamest excuse to push you past your favorite characters without really telling any kind of story whatsoever".

FLDIS86

I get it.

Epcot Center died a long time ago. I'll never forget my trip to Epcot, excited to ride Horizons, only to be met with a massive wall, keeping me away as construction was about to get underway. Sad. Even as a kid Epcot was my favorite park. AK replaced it.

Where do we go from here?

I think the basic concepts of the original park's concepts can survive.

Adding movie characters to FW/WS perhaps changes their initial purposes, but it also makes them more accessible to the younger children and families overall. If done correctly anyway.

You can have a country's representation in the the real and fictional realms showcased.

Technology has made the world a truly smaller place, does that impact a concept like World Showcase? I think so. The novelty just isn't there. People go to WS for these days mostly for the food/drink.

I think an UoE original replacement that captures the old Epcot Center essence is necessary. I'm also intrigued by a pavilion that might focus on health again, with an attraction based on Inside Out that delves into emotional health. These attractions should be part of fully fleshed out pavilions.

A climate pavilion would be cool too. Maybe with some kind of attraction that shows us what the Earth looked, looks, and will look like.

My overall point is that to help WDW, Epcot needs to evolve, and it can do so without relinquishing its dedication to scientific and cultural showcases. New approaches can fulfill the same goals.

I know many have lost hope, but maybe the future won't be so grim. At least the wand is gone.

I completely agree. What is the overall message of EPCOT? All the different pavilions had a purpose. Bring back the education, it's not just about movie franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom