Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

wait the title is frozen ever after? really? I would have been able to live with Olaf's Adventure better, at least it carried a Norwegian feeling in name. That was the best they could do? and you float by on a log? so the article says, even though it looks like the same viking ships.... RIP Norway.

Last edited:

odmichael

The entire article is here. Rather business-centric, aimed at a business audience.

Clearly the concept art refers to where you begin to go backwards.
Article told me:

1. Disney doesn't takes risks and Disney doesn't need risks because money.

2. Disney is going to continue to take their sweetass time with things.

3. Franchises are Disney's cow and Disney will continue to milk every dollar out of their cow.

JordanNite

images
0406WB0.jpg

Mike S

That article was painful to read. It basically said over and over "Creativity is dead (for now) within the Walt Disney Company." :cry:

image.jpg

Article told me:

1. Disney doesn't takes risks and Disney doesn't need risks because money.

2. Disney is going to continue to take their sweetass time with things.

3. Franchises are Disney's cow and Disney will continue to milk every dollar out of their cow.
That article was painful to read. It basically said over and over "Creativity is dead (for now) within the Walt Disney Company." :cry:
Yeah, it was pretty much an admission of what we all feared.
:hilarious:

JordanNite

For those who clamoured this would be some brand new e-ticket attraction, that somehow Bob Iger would change a way of his Disney Tenure and invest money into an attraction - egg on your face. And it pains me to say that, because i would have loved to have been wrong.

But we can all see now - this is the exact same Malaestrom attraction with just a change of theme - ie a few screens and music doted around the place. How underwhelming.

And there are people on this board who actually believe Disney will go ahead with a Star Wars land - never going to happen.

NowInc

Reading the WSJ article on this ride...I see mentions of animatronics...soooo those claiming "projections and screens" must be thinking this is going into a universal park :p (sorry..had to)

Anyway...tho not a fan of this whole scenario myself...say what you want..it'll be popular. So claim "cheap" all you want, but its making them money...which is why they do it. Don't blame the company..blame the guests.

TyrantBoss

Sigh. World Showcase was one of those areas were I wasn't deluged with rugrats and the stroller brigade nipping at my heels and barreling through traffic as if they are the most important people in the park.

Now we are going to be deluged with these Frozen-zombies. Boy I just can't wait.

invader

wait the title is frozen ever after? really? I would have been able to live with Olaf's Adventure better, at least it carried a Norwegian feeling in name. That was the best they could do? and you float by on a log? so the article says, even though it looks like the same viking ships.... RIP Norway.
No Frozen in the name, no pull. Breaking it down to even the lowest common denominator.

cosmicray

BN-IU134_DISNEY_M_20150605175549.jpg

New concept art for the new Frozen Ride coming to Epcot. It's titled Frozen Ever After.
Lets get things out of the way

1. We all hate this decision it's lazy it sucks no one likes this we all acknowledge that we don't need 42 comments saying the same things again let's keep the discussion rather sane.
  2. Frozen is not a bad film because of what's happening however it's rather shedding light on the bad practices continued by the company so please be respectful to those of us who still like the movie.
  3. The article where this came from which can be found here (you have to click the first link as the article is behind a paywall, this link gets you through that.) The article does nothing but display iger's skeeziness and his insistence on franchises and branding. It's a rough read. Anyways with that out of the way please discuss to your hearts content.
I think I'm gonna be sick :hungover: :cry:

twebber55

For those who clamoured this would be some brand new e-ticket attraction, that somehow Bob Iger would change a way of his Disney Tenure and invest money into an attraction - egg on your face. And it pains me to say that, because i would have loved to have been wrong.

But we can all see now - this is the exact same Malaestrom attraction with just a change of theme - ie a few screens and music doted around the place. How underwhelming.

And there are people on this board who actually believe Disney will go ahead with a Star Wars land - never going to happen.
trying to figure out who "those people" are
im pretty sure everyone understands this is a themed makeover

Mike S

Reading the WSJ article on this ride...I see mentions of animatronics...soooo those claiming "projections and screens" must be thinking this is going into a universal park :p (sorry..had to)

Anyway...tho not a fan of this whole scenario myself...say what you want..it'll be popular. So claim "cheap" all you want, but its making them money...which is why they do it. Don't blame the company..blame the guests.
Pretty sure a clone of what's going in Tokyo would've made them money as well, possibly even more (bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead) since it would be a whole area with a real E Ticket and much better capacity than a 900 guests per hour boat ride. I'm sure guest relations will be very popular too when this opens. In short, yes, we absolutely can blame the company for this mess.
image.jpg

JordanNite

trying to figure out who "those people" are
im pretty sure everyone understands this is a themed makeover

Go back and read the thread when this attraction was announced. The time scale was the key clue for some, but others still believed with their heart that this was going to be some e-ticket attraction, dreaming as if Walt was still in charge of the company.

JordanNite

Pretty sure a clone of what's going in Tokyo would've made them money as well, possibly even more (bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead) since it would be a whole area with a real E Ticket and much better capacity than a 900 guests per hour boat ride. I'm sure guest relations will be very popular too when this opens. In short, yes, we absolutely can blame the company for this mess.
View attachment 96168

Sigh ....

(and guys Iger had nothing to do with that - it's down the OLC )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom