Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tuna

I have a feeling the young girls the attraction is designed for are going to love it along with the 99% of guests who don't read these boards. Disney doesn't have to build Hyper themed cutting edge rides to satisfy us, I wish they would. This will end up like 7DMT a good ride but not great. I really feel they should have gone all out with a Frozen ride. Does anyone think they can expand back towards the Test Track Loop to add another fully realized Arendelle? This really should have been it's own land. Smart to get something in, but in the long run they need something else to eat some people.

NowInc

I have a feeling the young girls the attraction is designed for are going to love it along with the 99% of guests who don't read these boards. Disney doesn't have to build Hyper themed cutting edge rides to satisfy us, I wish they would. This will end up like 7DMT a good ride but not great. I really feel they should have gone all out with a Frozen ride. Does anyone think they can expand back towards the Test Track Loop to add another fully realized Arendelle? This really should have been it's own land. Smart to get something in, but in the long run they need something else to eat some people.

Which is the point I try to make, but the trolls (ironically in a Norway death thread) are rampant and ignore the underlining world we live in today. This ride is not designed for US. Its designed for the AVERAGE GUEST.

twebber55

oh guest will love it that im sure of

aladdin2007

A fireworks finale,,,where do I hurl......yet at the same time with Mangum at the helm there is a slight chance of this turning out nice, but not holding my breath. They sure have kicked Norway or anythign Norwegian to the curb, I dont care how many times they keep saying this is based off Scandinavian themes. They keep doing that in these article interviews as if it makes this change okay. And it doesn't.

Mike S

Exactly. They didn't think long term at all, just "how can we do this in the cheapest and fastest (by Disney speed standards) way possible?"

The Tuna

Which is the point I try to make, but the trolls (ironically in a Norway death thread) are rampant and ignore the underlining world we live in today. This ride is not designed for US. Its designed for the AVERAGE GUEST.

If this goes up against Kong we can look and say obviously which the better ride is and that is going to be Kong. Frozen ever after will be Potter level madness however.

twebber55

Pretty sure a clone of what's going in Tokyo would've made them money as well, possibly even more (bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead) since it would be a whole area with a real E Ticket and much better capacity than a 900 guests per hour boat ride. I'm sure guest relations will be very popular too when this opens. In short, yes, we absolutely can blame the company for this mess.
View attachment 96168
@Mike S I guess they re assuming the ride plus the meet and greet together will handle the crowds
but like others have said this seems like it has to open at 9:00

twebber55

Exactly. They didn't think long term at all, just "how can we do this in the cheapest and fastest (by Disney speed standards) way possible?"
I think they were thinking we need to help EPCOT out as much as possible in crowd dispersment and that there was no way it could go into MK

mahnamahna101

Like a Rhine River Cruise, or a Mt. Fuji E-ticket, or a Matterhorn clone, or a trackless dark ride to revitalize Imagination, or a WoL replacement, or a massive upgrade for Ellen, or a new country, or that Canada river rapids ride, or a Weather pavillion between Land and Seas, or a Nemo retheme/revamp, or a...

Whoa... Epcot seems to lack appealing people-eaters ;)

The Tuna

I really hope they have a second phase in their plans that no one is aware of or it is going to be insane.

@Mike S I guess they re assuming the ride plus the meet and greet together will handle the crowds
but like others have said this seems like it has to open at 9:00

Even with the M&G they won't be able to handle the crowds. 6am to midnight might help a bit

mahnamahna101

I think they were thinking we need to help EPCOT out as much as possible in crowd dispersment and that there was no way it could go into MK
There's plenty of space if you rework backstage (would cost a lot, but help out in the long term)

Plus, Storybook Circus is disposable. And the Speedway takes up a HUGE chunk of land that blocks expansion for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (there's a large amount of space behind it and Space Mt)

DisneyRoy

Holy cow. So many negative Nancy's in here. I enjoyed Maelstrom just like everyone else. I also enjoy change. (WHAT?!?!?) Yes I said it. My daughter is enamored with Frozen and we will ride this just like everyone else. And when I see the exuberant smile on her face when she sees Olaf and begins to sing Let it Go...my world will be complete. And that is all that matters. Can I still get the same food in Norway? Yes. Then I'm doubly happy.

The Tuna

Like a Rhine River Cruise, or a Mt. Fuji E-ticket, or a Matterhorn clone, or a trackless dark ride to revitalize Imagination, or a WoL replacement, or a massive upgrade for Ellen, or a new country, or that Canada river rapids ride, or a Weather pavillion between Land and Seas, or a Nemo retheme/revamp, or a...

Whoa... Epcot seems to lack appealing people-eaters ;)
They should have given themselves an extra 6 months and upgraded something else at the same time with one of the above that you mentioned. Someone wasn't thinking.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Holy cow. So many negative Nancy's in here. I enjoyed Maelstrom just like everyone else. I also enjoy change. (WHAT?!?!?) Yes I said it. My daughter is enamored with Frozen and we will ride this just like everyone else. And when I see the exuberant smile on her face when she sees Olaf and begins to sing Let it Go...my world will be complete. And that is all that matters. Can I still get the same food in Norway? Yes. Then I'm doubly happy.
Yep most people are going to be happy I'm sure.

Maelstrom has a low capacity, and a short ride time.

Big issues though will be FP+ availability and a horrendous standby wait. Those who have issues with those two aspects will not have exuberant smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom