Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why? They have totally condemned it without ever seeing it at all or plans or even being told what it was going to be. Remember that you are dealing with people that have that extraordinary ability to see clearly into the future. It's probably a gift. To bad it doesn't work in elections.
You don't need to have the plans (although admittedly I have) to know it's going in the wrong place and has way below the required capacity.

Goofyernmost

You don't need to have the plans (although I have) to know it's going in the wrong place and has way below the required capacity.
Agreed, however, that does not have anything to do with the actual quality of the attractions itself. Location and capacity are completely different issues. Even the location is completely subjective. Capacity is pretty likely a major issue that will continue for whatever time the hype holds up.

No Name

You don't need to have the plans (although admittedly I have) to know it's going in the wrong place and has way below the required capacity.
Oh okay. Maybe you could give a few quick (but not obvious) details of the ride. If you are already admitting to having the plans, it can't do any extra harm to prove it, right?

I'm not doubting you or picking a fight, I just think some proof of your inside knowledge would be nice. ;) Because most times, it ends in "well the plans have changed" and then we never really know if people like you actually knew anything in the first place.

Why? They have totally condemned it without ever seeing it at all or plans or even being told what it was going to be. Remember that you are dealing with people that have that extraordinary ability to see clearly into the future. It's probably a gift. To bad it doesn't work in elections.
First of all, we've realized the picture is fake. But what you're saying is absolutely right, people shouldn't judge a ride and say "huh huck, it looks so cheap" off of a blurry photo of unfinished construction. It's ridiculous to come to such assumptions.

Capacity looks to be a definite issue. But we do not know the ride time, or what kind of quality the ride will have. Maelstrom not only had fast sections, but also had many dark areas. If Frozen uses the ride time and space very well, 5 minutes could make a great ride. Also, I'm hoping the queue is well themed, that there is walking space throughout the pavilion... a lot goes into a ride.

peter11435

I'm still betting it's real.
So why did they blur out the sign above the building?

Why did WDI create an exact replica of a building from 1983 Fantasyland that had nothing to do with Frozen until snow was added for a meet and greet. Right down to the exact same snow formations?

Why did they build that building complete with a door that opens out to the water?

Why does the figure have a fully sculpted and colored face when it's known that it should use the same tech as the mine train?

Goofyernmost

Oh okay. Maybe you could give a few quick (but not obvious) details of the ride. If you are already admitting to having the plans, it can't do any extra harm to prove it, right?

I'm not doubting you or picking a fight, I just think some proof of your inside knowledge would be nice. ;)
Go to You Tube and search for Martins Disney Tribute Videos. That would be Marni. I occasionally clash with him over his interpretation of situations, but, never about his knowledge about what is going on there. He has forgotten more about the places then most of us will ever know. Disagree, but you don't need anymore proof then what I just offered you. Of all the proclaimed "experts" that make their presence known on this board... the word I would follow is Marni's.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Go to You Tube and search for Martins Disney Tribute Videos. That would be Marni. I occasionally clash with him over his interpretation of situations, but, never about his knowledge about what is going on there. He has forgotten more about the places then most of us will ever know. Disagree, but you don't need anymore proof then what I just offered you. Of all the proclaimed "experts" that make their presence known on this board... the word I would follow is Marni's.
I'm humbled. Honestly. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

No Name

Oh yes, I've seen his videos and they're excellent. He cartainly knows a lot about how the parks were a long time ago and of plans that fell through, were changed, etc. The videos really are great. That's why I am not at all quick to say (and I don't even think) that he's a "fraud insider" like some others are here.

I've been reading here for the last 4 years and I cannot find a single instance where Martin said something unknown and non-obvious (something that can't be figured out with existing clues) about an upcoming project and turned out to be correct. Maybe I'm missing them, so if there are times where that happened, feel free to point me toward them. Maybe it's because plans fluctuate. But that is what's so frustrating, I'd like to believe that Martin is correct but I have no basis to do that on, other than knowledgable videos of the past. Past is different than future.

With a ride that is likely opening in three months, obviously the plans won't really change, so I was thinking that now would be a good time to actually prove he knows inside stuff about this ride.

FigmentForver96

Oh yes, I've seen his videos and they're excellent. He cartainly knows a lot about how the parks were a long time ago and of plans that fell through, were changed, etc. The videos really are great. That's why I am not at all quick to say (and I don't even think) that he's a "fraud insider" like some others are here.

I've been reading here for the last 4 years and I cannot find a single instance where Martin said something unknown and non-obvious (something that can't be figured out with existing clues) about an upcoming project and turned out to be correct. Maybe I'm missing them, so if there are times where that happened, feel free to point me toward them. Maybe it's because plans fluctuate. But that is what's so frustrating, I'd like to believe that Martin is correct but I have no basis to do that on, other than knowledgable videos of the past. Past is different than future.

With a ride that is likely opening in three months, obviously the plans won't really change, so I was thinking that now would be a good time to actually prove he knows inside stuff about this ride.
I don't Remeber where in this thread (Nor do I have the motivation to search), but I believe he did hint at the extended track of the ride long before anybody else did. I also believe he hinted at the expansion of Norway before it was announced as well as what it would entail.

Goofyernmost

Someone with true inside information cannot reveal sources without fear of costing them their job or, at the very least, losing that inside information. You can use that logic that you speak about to determine that no one gets the plans, information and related things that are a part of his "Tributes" without being close to people that can obtain them and the permission to use them.

The past is there for everyone to see. Those with inside connections also have access to things that are currently happening or are planned to happen. The thought that anyone can know the future, in respect to what might change over the process, has to be living in a parallel universe that is at least a year or two ahead of us in time. You are asking for the impossible. So, since you have seen the video's and, by the sound of things, you admire them then with that should come up with the conclusion that what he is saying is as close to what the immediate thoughts are as anyone else on the boards unless one of our posters happen to be Bob Iger in disguise.

As I said, even I occasionally, disagree with his interpretation of events, their future impact or the idea that it is just not supposed to happen because of past experiences. That I think is prompted by what we personally would like to see and why, for us, it is seen that way. However, if you want to know what has happened, why it happened, what is on the current agenda... you can take that to the bank. Oh, and by the way, the idea that this close to opening the plans can not change, is wishful thinking. Plans can change up until the actual opening because of a lot of things. Also, too much information given out previous to opening would be highly detrimental to any further knowledge he may obtain. Again, just common sense.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could give a list of facts about the attraction, but now they're common knowledge it may be hard to say who said what. Feel free to trudge back through the thread. And I'm not inclined to float my own boat. That's not what I'm after. I'm pretty sure I mentioned about the same layout plus S bend, boat capacity, unload directly behind load, queue layout and more. I know I've described the meet n greet building layout. And I think I mentioned a new hub in 2011, new lasers coming to RoE and the new layout of Soarin' before they happened too. To demonstrate a few diversification of topics.

At the end of the day I say what I can say when I can say it. I openly admit I don't know everything about everything. And hopefully I admit when I'm wrong. I don't really care (in the nicest possible way) if I'm believed or not. Nor do I have anything to prove. Again, with respect.

I don't claim to be an "insider". Just a fan with friends.

Last edited:

Mike S

Agreed, however, that does not have anything to do with the actual quality of the attractions itself. Location and capacity are completely different issues. Even the location is completely subjective. Capacity is pretty likely a major issue that will continue for whatever time the hype holds up.
Location could be objective based on the size of the pavilion.

Lirael

Found the following on reddit. This is apparently one of the scene's in the ride:
View attachment 134015

I'm seeing a few things here. Anna is missing her costume but the troff has been refilled with water.

Here's one I adjusted to see if anything else could be made out.
View attachment 134016
Real or not, that's scary as hell. Someone should send that to the people in charge of Dismaland

No Name

I could give a list of facts about the attraction, but now they're common knowledge it may be hard to say who said what. Feel free to trudge back through the thread. And I'm not inclined to float my own boat. That's not what I'm after. I'm pretty sure I mentioned about the same layout plus S bend, boat capacity, unload directly behind load, queue layout and more. I know I've described the meet n greet building layout. And I think I mentioned a new hub in 2011, new lasers coming to RoE and the new layout of Soarin' before they happened too. To demonstrate a few diversification of topics.

At the end of the day I say what I can say when I can say it. I don't really care (in the nicest possible way) if I'm believed or not. Nor do I have anything to prove. Again, with respect. I don't claim to be an "insider". Just a fan with friends.
I apologize for doubting you, you're probably one of the last people I should doubt.

It's just that... I read a lot of the Avatar land and Animal Kingdom stuff too, and it seems things are constantly changing. Rivers of Light got cut to a small fountain show but then plussed again. Avatar land was three rides, then one, now two. Budget for Avatar land was $800 million, then it got cut to 200-300 million, now it's run over a billion.
Other people have said a frontierland expansion is planned, now it's lost and so are those who mentioned it. WDW1974 talked about cruise ships coming, and he was right, but they got pushed to later dates. Now he's given what he believes will be the names, but will those change too?

Everything that you (and many others) say is believable. It's just hard to completely believe something when anyone can say whatever they want and then resort to "oh the plans/budget changed." We have no clue whether the plans actually changed or not, so regardless of whether they are telling the truth or lying, it looks like an escape route. It's just frusterating, in general, that some people who are wrong more than right are able to say this and clear their slate.

Let me make clear that I do not at all think you are lying/wrong. By questioning you, I did not mean to make it sound as though I believe you less than anyone else. I'm just saying, in general, if people could pin down things in the last stages of projects, that would hopefully eliminate the escape route of "plans changing" and I could see if the people are actually right or wrong.

I certainly would not want anyone to stop giving inside information for fear that it's wrong or will change. I understand that you can't give too much away though, I get it. Thank you for saying what you can. I don't know how I missed some of the other things you pointed out, that's completely my fault and I should look harder. It's not easy to follow everything or find things from a while ago, but I'm going to go back and look in some of those other threads.

So I hope you now understand why it's frusterating and why I was hoping you could say something in these final stages. However, I do think that you mentioned the S bend first (and drew it out), and you've stood by that and have not used an "escape route," so if the Frozen ride track is really extended like you said, then my doubts will be put to rest.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Uugh it's so hard to find who says what first. I apologize for doubting you, you're probably one of the last people I should doubt.

It's just that... I read a lot of the Avatar land and Animal Kingdom stuff too, and it seems things are constantly changing. Rivers of Light got cut to a small fountain show but then plussed again. Avatar land was three rides, then one, now two. Budget for Avatar land was $800 million, then it got cut to 200-300 million, now it's run over a billion.
Other people have said a frontierland expansion is planned, now it's lost and so are those who mentioned it. WDW1974 talked about cruise ships coming, and he was right, but they got pushed to later dates. Now he's given what he believes will be the names, but will those change too?

Everything that you (and many others) say is believable. It's just hard to completely believe something when anyone can say whatever they want and then resort to "oh the plans/budget changed." We have no clue whether the plans actually changed or not, so regardless of whether they are telling the truth or lying, it looks like an escape route. It's just frusterating, in general, that some people who are wrong more than right are able to say this and clear their slate.

Let me make clear that I do not at all think you are lying/wrong. By questioning you, I did not mean to make it sound as though I believe you less than anyone else. I'm just saying, in general, if people could pin down things in the last stages of projects, that would hopefully eliminate the escape route of "plans changing" and I could see if the people are actually right or wrong.

I certainly would not want anyone to stop giving inside information for fear that it's wrong or will change. I understand that you can't give too much away though, I get it. Thank you for saying what you can. I don't know how I missed some of the other things you pointed out, that's completely my fault and I should look harder. It's not easy to follow everything or find things from a while ago, but I'm going to go back and look in some of those other threads.

So I hope you now understand why it's frusterating and why I was hoping you could say something in these final stages. However, I do think that you mentioned the S bend first (and drew it out), and you've stood by that and have not used an "escape route," so if the Frozen ride track is really extended like you said, then my doubts will be put to rest.
Well, a minor bit of advice. Even the insiderest of the insiders are relying on the interpretation and the information passed down to them. Tests have proved that it only takes two steps in information exchange before distortions creep into the picture. If you, personally, are not in the room at the time and heard it as it was stated, then you are relying on the memory of others to get the information to you. I'm not talking about intentional misinformation, just normal human manners of discourse.

So believe none of it, pass judgment after you have actually experienced the situation, but, keep in the back of your mind what has been said, because much of it might actually turn out to be what has been said. As far as costs of a project, all of it is conjecture. The accounting systems of a company the size of TWDC, have a system so complex that in order to have a complete accurate knowledge of any project you would need to go to several different people to find it out. And Disney is notorious for not exactly being transparent about their costs. Oh, they're in there someplace, but, you need to know the combination to get that particular safe open.

If you followed these boards since the MM+ discussion started it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the numbers were rounded up every time it was mentioned. It started out, if I recall at about 800K and over the course of months the common phrase went up to "3 Billion just for a new FP system"? No one that we know here has access to the information and the quickest way for a lowly accountant to be walking the unemployment line would be to divulge those figures. In other words... who the hell knows for sure what it is. It's a prime example of how information passed along becomes way different then how it started out.

Don't come here looking for rock solid information. Some is good, some is hooey! But all of it is interesting even if just for the knee-jerk reaction to just about everything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom