Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldfan1934

The first time I rode Forbidden Journey, all I did was concentrate on not losing my lunch. The second time I rode it, 2 years later, it wasn't quite as sickening, but I still couldn't wait for it to end.
Agreed, made me sick the one time I went to IOA to see it. Same thing with TOT which I don't do anymore.

Donaldfan1934

Well let's get real about UNI for a second, which I really do love those parks... but everything new...

Forbidden Journey (great mix of both but still..): Screens.
Gringotts: Screens
Transformers: Screens
King Kong: Screens
Jimmy Fallon: Screens

What else am I missing that's coming soon...

They've been building great rides, but it's just time to innovate a wee bit more. The ride systems are great, but I want more Physical experiences, less virtual.

The one thing we can all give Disney props for is that they've been pretty good at not making screen heavy attractions.. yes some do have them, but for the most part the new stuff has all been purely physical environments, which is what I expect from a theme park such as Disney, and Universal.

So, as we can see through the construction progress.. Disney is still great at creating wonderfully themed buildings, and rides... (trying to keep on track here...)
I totally agree with this. Its part of the reason why I don't go to UNI. Anymore. Most screen based attractions don't age well IMO.

Donaldfan1934

Well the Disney is now saying Summer 2016 so that could be June, July, August, or September. And many people can't give up their sources. Many places have been saying June lately though.
Remember, as I and others have stated, so was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and that opened in May.

Rteetz

Remember, as I and others have stated, so was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and that opened in May.
Yes but many have said that this is taking longer than expected which leads me to believe June official opening is more likely. It's hard to be optimistic with Disney these days.

Donaldfan1934

Yes but many have said that this is taking longer than expected which leads me to believe June official opening is more likely. It's hard to be optimistic with Disney these days.
Well, that's interesting. I'm just hoping for solid soft openings by the end of May because that's when I go. We're all just guesstimating here so there's still hope.

ToTBellHop

When is then and where did you hear that from?
You know I won't answer the second part. I'm hearing the target is now late June or even July. Maybe for the first time in forever (!) Disney will pull out all the stops and hustle for May. Shooting from the hip, I'd say plan on your new offerings for this year being over at DAK instead. Anna and Elsa and the Na'vi will be there for you in May 2017, certainly!

Donaldfan1934

You know I won't answer the second part. I'm hearing the target is now late June or even July. Maybe for the first time in forever (!) Disney will pull out all the stops and hustle for May. Shooting from the hip, I'd say plan on your new offerings for this year being over at DAK instead. Anna and Elsa and the Na'vi will be there for you in May 2017, certainly!
I get it, inside info. If it opens as you said, at least it won't be right after I leave. It's good that there's a slight chance chance that it'll be open.

what happened to those insiders that were saying may 16 as the possible opening date... managers told that date to the norway CMs but it's no more good... first they were late, after that it was may 16th, now its summer... hard to follow...

dstrawn9889

what happened to those insiders that were saying may 16 as the possible opening date... managers told that date to the norway CMs but it's no more good... first they were late, after that it was may 16th, now its summer... hard to follow...
that is because it is disinformation... the only OFFICIAL dates are those posted by Disney to their Websites and blogs. all the rest is chaff

ToTBellHop

that is because it is disinformation... the only OFFICIAL dates are those posted by Disney to their Websites and blogs. all the rest is chaff
And to be fair, Disney always said Spring 2016 until now. It's not really hard to follow. The project fell behind schedule. See also every new development at Disney Springs...still waiting on 2015's opening of STK Orlando!

A foolish mortal

Considering that the ride never turns you upside down that is very unlikely to ever happen unless there was a serious malfunction.
Not completely, but it does tilt you very far backward near the Whomping Willow. Certainly enough to mess with your sense of equilibrium.

Lets say your grandmother asked if the ride goes upside-down, would you say yes or no?

For my boyfriend that has had a throat surgery that gives him awful heartburn.. it is pretty much considered a total upside-down (for us anyway). It is definitely more tilted than laying flat horizontally, so i would call that upside-down and the worst experience ever... But it was my fault.. i tricked him on it :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom