Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Well let's get real about UNI for a second, which I really do love those parks... but everything new...

Forbidden Journey (great mix of both but still..): Screens.
Gringotts: Screens
Transformers: Screens
King Kong: Screens
Jimmy Fallon: Screens

What else am I missing that's coming soon...

They've been building great rides, but it's just time to innovate a wee bit more. The ride systems are great, but I want more Physical experiences, less virtual.

The one thing we can all give Disney props for is that they've been pretty good at not making screen heavy attractions.. yes some do have them, but for the most part the new stuff has all been purely physical environments, which is what I expect from a theme park such as Disney, and Universal.

So, as we can see through the construction progress.. Disney is still great at creating wonderfully themed buildings, and rides... (trying to keep on track here...)
Kong and Nintendo will have plenty of physical sets according to what I've read from insiders and while no one seems to have a clue what's happening with Fast & Furious (or they just can't say) based on the leaked blueprint or whatever it was the building will be absolutely huge. There's also a rumor of a highly physical set driven ride based on Secret Life of Pets for Hollywood that could very well be cloned for Orlando.
The lighting additions over the last year or two at FJ do show how much of a physical, built environment there is in there. There's a lot more than just screens. Surprised even me. Some of the sets are gorgeous.
My favorite is the water reflection effect added to the Chamber of Secrets :inlove:

mvieguy

There again, I'm not sure how they could have presented what is shown without using projections.

well considering that both of the new Star Wars rides that are being built in Disneyland are Motion w/ screen aka Simpsons/back to the future and Star Tours. plus Universal's Fast and the furious. it seems that Screens are just not as expensive as imersive sets these days. imagine if the Yeti was just a screen instead of animotronic. it would probably still be working.

Disney Analyst

Good point about the type of rides Universal is building vs the type Disney is building, but it doesn't explain something like Soarin' (screen) or the 3rd TSMM track (clone) taking a very long time to build.

Also, with something like the HP expansion...it is much more than screens, on the whole. The train ride and Diagon Alley in general is quite a bit of theming. Also, regarding Forbidden Journey...to call that mainly screens, as it seems you have above, it very disingenuous. There isn't another ride around that uses the mixture of tech that that ride does to such marvelous result.

Which is why I said it has great mix of both Physical and Visual, Forbidden Journey is the most immersive and succesful, and innovative use i've seen yet. (IMO) I was just trying to list all that use screens :)

Kong and Nintendo will have plenty of physical sets according to what I've read from insiders and while no one seems to have a clue what's happening with Fast & Furious (or they just can't say) based on the leaked blueprint or whatever it was the building will be absolutely huge. There's also a rumor of a highly physical set driven ride based on Secret Life of Pets for Hollywood that could very well be cloned for Orlando.

My favorite is the water reflection effect added to the Chamber of Secrets :inlove:

Yes, I've heard Secret Life of Pets (what even is that?) will be physical, which is great. I thought it was planned for Orlando?

The lighting additions over the last year or two at FJ do show how much of a physical, built environment there is in there. There's a lot more than just screens. Surprised even me. Some of the sets are gorgeous.

Completely agree!! The sets on Forbidden Journey are fantastic. It is one of my favourite rides, up their with Indiana Jones for me.

peter11435

It kinda did... We had a red marker/tape on the entrance door (between the fp and standby entrance), so kids under that were not suppose to go in by themselves... Under 7 years old they should be accompanied by someone 14 or older.
That applies to every attraction at WDW. That is not a height requirement. Guests of any size were permitted to ride Maelstrom. Including babies.

Cesar R M

Well let's get real about UNI for a second, which I really do love those parks... but everything new...

Forbidden Journey (great mix of both but still..): Screens.
Gringotts: Screens
Transformers: Screens
King Kong: Screens
Jimmy Fallon: Screens

What else am I missing that's coming soon...

They've been building great rides, but it's just time to innovate a wee bit more. The ride systems are great, but I want more Physical experiences, less virtual.

The one thing we can all give Disney props for is that they've been pretty good at not making screen heavy attractions.. yes some do have them, but for the most part the new stuff has all been purely physical environments, which is what I expect from a theme park such as Disney, and Universal.

So, as we can see through the construction progress.. Disney is still great at creating wonderfully themed buildings, and rides... (trying to keep on track here...)
hold on, has King Kong being confirmed to be "screen" heavy?
didn't they said it was going to be more mixed with "amazing" kong animatronics?

as for purely physical.. I think they have lowered lately quality wise (mermaid ride for example, or the mine train ubber short scenes)

Cesar R M

Which is why I said it has great mix of both Physical and Visual, Forbidden Journey is the most immersive and succesful, and innovative use i've seen yet. (IMO) I was just trying to list all that use screens :)

Yes, I've heard Secret Life of Pets (what even is that?) will be physical, which is great. I thought it was planned for Orlando?

Completely agree!! The sets on Forbidden Journey are fantastic. It is one of my favourite rides, up their with Indiana Jones for me.
I only wish they could keep cleaning the screens and the projectors constantly.
Very dirty and gets you dizzy fast because of this.

Mike S

didn't they said it was going to be more mixed with "amazing" kong animatronics?

as for purely physical.. I think they have lowered lately quality wise (mermaid ride for example, or the mine train ubber short scenes)
Just one.

Disney Analyst

It will have some... But it will also be a lot like Kong 360 I'm told. Just expanded with sets... And one AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom