Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Thankfully a lot was learnt from Gringotts.

The hard way.

Hopefully, they learned that sticking a ride vehicle in front of large screens isn't the most convincing presentation -- I'm thinking of the two Voldemort scenes. Those environments are almost exclusively screens.

If the Kong screens aren't better integrated, I'll have to conclude that Universal Creative didn't learn enough from Gringotts.

Chris82

Hopefully, they learned that sticking a ride vehicle in front of large screens isn't the most convincing presentation -- I'm thinking of the two Voldemort scenes. Those environments are almost exclusively screens.

If the Kong screens aren't better integrated, I'll have to conclude that Universal Creative didn't learn enough from Gringotts.

I agree that, personally, I hope people think there's "screen fatigue" out there, but I'm not so sure that's a generally held opinion. The difference is whether you want to be merely wowed with money spent or credibly immersed in an illusion. Given the state of AAA gaming, theme park design, and even to some extent Broadway, the former might actually be the more popular sentiment...

NearTheEars

I agree that, personally, I hope people think there's "screen fatigue" out there, but I'm not so sure that's a generally held opinion. The difference is whether you want to be merely wowed with money spent or credibly immersed in an illusion. Given the state of AAA gaming, theme park design, and even to some extent Broadway, the former might actually be the more popular sentiment...

I have anecdotally heard from some Potter fan friends of mine, who are only casual theme park attendees, that they are disappointed by the heavy use of screens at Universal.

BUT they are in love with the overal theming of the lands, and that keeps them coming back over and over.

wdwgreek

The new post on the main page is saying "summer 2016" does this mean a soft opening in May and a hard opening in June? When will fast passes start to be avliable, I imagine 60 days right?

michmousefan

But my point of bringing up Transformers isn't to point out the complexities of the projects, but to point out that Universal made it happen. 24/7 construction is expensive. Universal ponied up the bucks to make it so.

Disney, obviously doesn't have the desire.
Agreed. Look how fast things are developing at Disney Springs... including the creation of a faux "spring" and all the associated construction. If they wanted to, I would imagine they could have had Frozen up and running in a year's time. Just a matter of allocating resources.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney and its poor planning and resource allocation

While they think spreading it out longer saves money due to multiple budgets in reality it probably costs them more....but of course I don't expect the suited men and women to get that...they are just trying to make themselves look good for their own bonus check sigh

The ride should be up and running by now. If it expands into the summer then whether using an existing ride attraction saved them time is questionable

ABQ

IIRC, they slated Mine Train for Summer and it was open every day and taking fastpasses by Memorial day weekend
And breaking down quite frequently in that first few weeks, wasn't it? I do believe it was thought to have opened with not enough testing.

wdwfan757

And breaking down quite frequently in that first few weeks, wasn't it? I do believe it was thought to have opened with not enough testing.

By normal standards, sure... it was probably down 3 hours into 24 hour day, and I remember it being down again for all of that Monday morning. But in hindsight, it still goes down once nearly every day, doesn't it? I don't know that they opened it "too early". There were a few weeks of sporadic soft opening times in the weeks leading up to that. Frozen shouldn't exactly be complicated. It will likely need more "soft opening" times in terms of accommodating a queue in the pavilion than actually working the ride.

Reactions: ABQ

SJN1279

You still have to agree that there are still screen used at those attractions. The Hogwarts express: Screens (windows)..., Gringotts: Screens, Forbidden Journey: Screens (that makes you dizzy). I think Forbidden Journey would have been a lot better without the screens :) Everything else feels so real... :/

The first time I rode Forbidden Journey, all I did was concentrate on not losing my lunch. The second time I rode it, 2 years later, it wasn't quite as sickening, but I still couldn't wait for it to end.

BoarderPhreak

Well that's a bummer... But I can't say I'm surprised seeing the "in progress" photos of late. There's no way it would've opened "Spring 2016."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom