Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I honestly don't think it will in that regard, the new construction is to look very Norwegian.

But we have yet to see what they are doing with the ride façade. Recent construction photos show chunks of the façade having been removed, so it doesn't look like just a re-paint.

aladdin2007

But we have yet to see what they are doing with the ride façade. Recent construction photos show chunks of the façade having been removed, so it doesn't look like just a re-paint.

oh I meant the new construction, meetngreet. Regarding the ride facade, I am shuddering at the thought because we know nothing.

PizzaPlanet

Here is some concept art of the new facade...
img-thing

The_Jobu

You think none of these will be open ... Even the new AK stuff ?

I was having a similar discussion in another thread. I'm going in late April and it looks like I will miss out on the new Soarin', Frozenstrom, Rivers of Light, maybe BTMR, Kong, etc. Some good advice was to just go assuming things will still be closed, but if you happen to catch a soft open, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

The Empress Lilly

A picture of the Royal Sommerhaus buildings

FrozenEverAfter_01092016-3.jpg
The Royal Sommerhaus? Is that what it is called? Sommerhaus?

'Sommer / sommar' is Norwegian alright. But Haus is German for house. House in Norwegian is 'hus'. House is in fact hus in all Scandinavian languages.

Sommerhaus is a German word, not Nordic. So is this set in an imaginary summer retreat based in Germany, where imaginary princesses from an imaginary Nordic land have their summer holiday? Like a little non-frozen Frozen miniland?

Or can Disney simply not be bothered. "'Haus' sounds vaguely fairytale-ish to American ears, use that, what do they know"?

mikeh

The Royal Sommerhaus? Is that what it is called? Sommerhaus?

'Sommer / sommar' is Norwegian alright. But Haus is German for house. House in Norwegian is 'hus'. House is in fact hus in all Scandinavian languages.

Sommerhaus is a German word, not Nordic. So is this set in an imaginary summer retreat based in Germany, where imaginary princesses from an imaginary Nordic land have their summer holiday? Like a little non-frozen Frozen miniland?

Or can Disney simply not be bothered. "'Haus' sounds vaguely fairytale-ish to American ears, use that, what do they know"?

The most likely scenario is that I can't spell. It's Sommerhus.

Castle Cake Apologist

To be fair, throughout World Showcase, adjacent pavilions are visible from each other. It's a permanent world's fair; you aren't literally being transported into the countries, from a thematic standpoint.

Maybe I'm just romanticizing in my mind, but I can't think of any pavilion where I can see another from inside?

Figments Friend

And that is one of the most frustrating aspects of the park. ( EPCOT )
The facilities are already there. The buildings are standing and usable. The ride systems are available. There are obsolete spare parts to consider (Energy) and curtailed track length to reinstate (Imagaination) but half the battle could be already won. Energy could again be a dramatic theatrical epic. Wonders could have a state of the art simulator ride and a classic multimedia show. Imagination is crying out to once again be an awe inspiring, cohesive building with a stellar E ticket dark ride for the 21st century. The Land has a superb theatre ready for a new presentation. There is tens of thousands of square foot of exhibit space still lit, cooled and standing empty. There's a whole restaurant building ready for use.

It is a crying shame so much could be gained for so little relative outlay.

Amen, brother.
Let us hope one day someone within a division of the Company that still has some power to make changes wakes up soon and realizes this.
It's been a long time coming...and long overdue.

The potential seeds for greatness are already sitting there....already planted.....literally.
All we need is a sprinkling of water to make them sprout.

Well..actually, a major rainstorm...!

;)

-

rioriz

Maybe I'm just romanticizing in my mind, but I can't think of any pavilion where I can see another from inside?
Look Across the lake from inside of the boundaries of every pavilion....

For Serious, standing right at the door of the new Structure I am sure you will not be able to see the roof of the Mexico building

Goofyernmost

Is any effort going to be made to hide Mexico from this area? Simply planting some new trees would do wonders.
I suppose it would also be foolish to say something like... why not wait until it is done before we decide what it will look like. Many a negative prediction was made for the MK hub only to be so far off the finished product that it should have been shameful to the predictors. I'm sure it wasn't though!
Amen, brother.
Let us hope one day someone within a division of the Company that still has some power to make changes wakes up soon and realizes this.
It's been a long time coming...and long overdue.

The potential seeds for greatness are already sitting there....already planted.....literally.
All we need is a sprinkling of water to make them sprout.

Well..actually, a major rainstorm...!

;)

-
Or maybe even one little spark of inspiration! Hey, it happened before!

Castle Cake Apologist

Look Across the lake from inside of the boundaries of every pavilion....

I understand that. I mean that I can't think of an instance where I can literally see a structure from the pavilion next door looming over the structures within the pavilion that I am in. Mexican Aztec motif hardly screams Norwegian and would just seem very jarring in my mind. It just seems that the buildings are oddly close to the Mexico show building.

Castle Cake Apologist

I suppose it would also be foolish to say something like... why not wait until it is done before we decide what it will look like. Many a negative prediction was made for the MK hub only to be so far off the finished product that it should have been shameful to the predictors. I'm sure it wasn't though!

I'm the biggest proponent of this, trust me. This just so far seems like a strange placement choice, considering the Mexican show building is literally looming over the buildings in this new area. I simply asked if any effort was going to be made to ease the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom