Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchikiss

Where exactly are they going to put all these strollers and scooters? At this rate they will mess up how wonderful Mexico is too. I hope they find a way to make the holding area part of the building somehow (although fetching them after the fact will be a pain). Obviously this is such a bad idea for many reasons but now this will really ruin the charm of the World Showcase.

Also to keep people from sending runners (like in the early days of the A&E meet and greet at Epcot) Disney should make the rule all members of the party must be present before they enter the queue. Of course that could lead to NASCAR with strollers...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree with you and that was my thought too. ANOTHER year to go. Like, come on ... let's get this moving.

But at the same time, I'm OK waiting for this one ;) they can take their time. I'm in no rush to see Frozen plastered where Maelstrom used to be.

I can wait this long IF the changes are such that the time to completion is justified....

....but we all know that's not going to be the case

Kman101

Exactly. I'm not sure why what many are calling an 'overlay', which is already 8 months into it, takes so long. Oh, right. $$$. Gotta spread out those costs. And I find it funny they can build a new building to host a meet and greet but have to rip out a ride to replace it with something else.

Mike S

Exactly. I'm not sure why what many are calling an 'overlay', which is already 8 months into it, takes so long. Oh, right. $$$. Gotta spread out those costs. And I find it funny they can build a new building to host a meet and greet but have to rip out a ride to replace it with something else.
It's a refurd.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It has been "early" 2016 since it was announced in Sep 2014. Early puts it anywhere up until around May 2016 in corporate speak - recently illustrated by Apple with the early 2015 release of the Apple Watch - which turned out to be May.

odmichael

Where exactly are they going to put all these strollers and scooters? At this rate they will mess up how wonderful Mexico is too. I hope they find a way to make the holding area part of the building somehow (although fetching them after the fact will be a pain). Obviously this is such a bad idea for many reasons but now this will really ruin the charm of the World Showcase.

Also to keep people from sending runners (like in the early days of the A&E meet and greet at Epcot) Disney should make the rule all members of the party must be present before they enter the queue. Of course that could lead to NASCAR with strollers...
They already messed Mexico up when they added Donald Duck to the boat ride.

bhg469

It has been "early" 2016 since it was announced in Sep 2014. Early puts it anywhere up until around May 2016 in corporate speak - recently illustrated by Apple with the early 2015 release of the Apple Watch - which turned out to be May.
Is that the ride or the meet and greet building on the wasted expansion pad as well?

bhg469

We pretty much decide which park to go to based on what/where we feel like eating for lunch. Decision made just before we get into the car.
I like to think that most people are like this but sadly the norm seems to be to over plan and predict when and where you'll want to be in several months.

Leisurely visits are not what they want anymore. It's pretty clear by how much you can reserve now.

Magenta Panther

Oh, gawd, I hadn't even THOUGHT about the strollers...:cry:

strollerjam.jpg

Oh my beautiful Norway....excuse me, I have to go weep in a corner now..:bawling:

RSoxNo1

I'm sure they've accounted for stroller parking and not just having even more chaos and space wasted on the promenade.

And that they just forgot to include it on the plans.
So do you know that May 2016 is the opening date?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I'm sure they've accounted for stroller parking and not just having even more chaos and space wasted on the promenade.

And that they just forgot to include it on the plans.

I think the "NEW" Norway area could get all three of your FP+ reservations:

1.) FP+ Stroller Parking Reservations.
2.) FP+ Meet and Greet.
3.) FP+ "Frozen the Ride with Olaf".

This will be a boon for the "usefulness" of FP+ in EPCOT.

*1023*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom