Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I took this on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from across the World Showcase Lagoon (I think I was in front of Canada).

Not too much detail, but zoomed in.

DSC03942.JPG

bhg469

DAK is a beautifully themed park, definitely. But it has such a lack of shade in so many areas with no relief. I love walking DAK, but only on cloudy days...
I agree completely. That's why fp+ is so awful for me. Much of what I like to do in the parks has to do with how the weather is. I've gotten to the gates of DAK before and decided to go to MK because it wasn't the right day for it.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I agree completely. That's why fp+ is so awful for me. Much of what I like to do in the parks has to do with how the weather is. I've gotten to the gates of DAK before and decided to go to MK because it wasn't the right day for it.

We've had the same "nope" moment at DAK and driven straight to EPCOT. I know exactly what you mean.

JediMasterMatt

I feel like DAK is also 10 degrees hotter than any other park. Maybe its just the lack of shade, but it feels like a sauna.

Actually, it's the opposite.

DAK has more trees (even some shade) than the other 3 parks on property.

The dense trees prevent the air from circulating and drive up the temps as it holds in the heat and humidity.

*This is no excuse for the lack of trees and shade in the other parks.

MonorailLover

I feel like DAK is also 10 degrees hotter than any other park. Maybe its just the lack of shade, but it feels like a sauna.

It's a lot better for shade than it used to be when the trees were just planted in the early 2000's. When there was NO shade, it felt like 20 degrees hotter...

Admiral01

Premium Member

At the very least, it feels like the parking lot is the hottest of the four, and the most barren. I hate to say it (but I've said it before), the entrance to the parking lot at DAK is a huge turn-off for us. Something about the sprawling expanse, much of which you have to drive all the way around, just kills my sense of excitement and wonder while approaching DAK. It seems stupid, but the parking lot really hurts my experience...

Phil12

Amazing to me how tightly closed this project is. No construction photos, no real concept art, no insider info from the construction companies...
Here's some concept art for you:

This is the demonstration area where they show you how to put on the 3D glasses. "It's so easy even a snowman can do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom