Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnySmart

Animal Kingdom feels hot even on cool days for all of the reasons stated above. It is my favorite park, I am an obsessive animal lover, but I have to skip it in the summer months because it is too hot for me to enjoy. The open air Safari is like riding in an oven for 20 min. I know that it's Florida and it gets hot in Florida but I would love more covered spaces.

Phil12

To emphasize the Norway roots of the pavilion they're going to include Norwegian Rap as the musical score:

I think you'll agree it's a catchy tune! :)

dstrawn9889

At the very least, it feels like the parking lot is the hottest of the four, and the most barren. I hate to say it (but I've said it before), the entrance to the parking lot at DAK is a huge turn-off for us. Something about the sprawling expanse, much of which you have to drive all the way around, just kills my sense of excitement and wonder while approaching DAK. It seems stupid, but the parking lot really hurts my experience...
the barren wasteland of a parking area is done deliberately to emphasize the lushness of the entry to AK. the lack of green out there also adds to the almost 'greenout'(fly from flagstaff back to atlanta, you know what i man) you have once you hit the oasis.

Admiral01

Premium Member
the barren wasteland of a parking area is done deliberately to emphasize the lushness of the entry to AK. the lack of green out there also adds to the almost 'greenout'(fly from flagstaff back to atlanta, you know what i man) you have once you hit the oasis.

I understand the intent, but for me it is so severe that I want to avoid it and therefore don't always make it to the oasis. I'm a fan of lush, somewhat themed parking lots that don't feel like the Sahara...even though that would be a theme...

dstrawn9889

just as an aside, you live up 'north'? above the mason-dixon line? (a don't mean anything by the question other than to gauge how much heat you are used to...) i live dead smack in the center of GA, and i have been to all four FL parks June, July and Aug, and have not found them any warmer then the daily grind here(with much less pollen, of course)

Fox&Hound

Animal Kingdom feels hot even on cool days for all of the reasons stated above. It is my favorite park, I am an obsessive animal lover, but I have to skip it in the summer months because it is too hot for me to enjoy. The open air Safari is like riding in an oven for 20 min. I know that it's Florida and it gets hot in Florida but I would love more covered spaces.

That's why I wish there were more dark rides in AK. It seems like no matter where you are, you can't escape the heat. Obviously, not true, but a few dark rides with a covered queue would be a great addition!

Brian Swan

Nah I'm never tongue in cheek, but there will be other Princesses meeting along with Anna and Elsa, hence my comment.

A more appropriate question would be will Disney want to mute the perception that they are converting Norway to a Fantasyland style area and should return Akerhus back Princess free.

An even more appropriate answer to the question would be instead of selling someone a family of four $180 meal. How about if I sell you guaranteed FP+ for $120pp
But I'm guessing that either the ride, the M&G, or both will be tier 1 FPPs. Should make for some pretty interesting family dynamics...

doctornick

That's why I wish there were more dark rides in AK. It seems like no matter where you are, you can't escape the heat. Obviously, not true, but a few dark rides with a covered queue would be a great addition!

Indeed. It would be a good idea for multiple reasons and that is definitely a major one.

MotherOfBirds

The Disney Parks online store has a LE Rio Del Tiempo shirt featured on its main page. I can't tell if this is TDO mocking us or trying to throw EPCOT fans a bone

DisneyDebRob

It is my favorite park and it does get hot but I always thought EPCOT gets hotter. For some reason I seem to find more places in AK to get out of the heat. The pathways all in and through the park are great for cover.

BernardandBianca

I agree completely. That's why fp+ is so awful for me. Much of what I like to do in the parks has to do with how the weather is. I've gotten to the gates of DAK before and decided to go to MK because it wasn't the right day for it.

We've had the same "nope" moment at DAK and driven straight to EPCOT. I know exactly what you mean.

We pretty much decide which park to go to based on what/where we feel like eating for lunch. Decision made just before we get into the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom