Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Bolt

The sign reminds me of WalMart
walmart_1.png
Yep - they're both blue...

WDW1995

Am I the only one who thinks the new stone facade looks terrible and really shoe-horned in? It doesn't look like it belongs with the rest of the buildings. It looks like the entrance to a church or something. IDGI.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the mine train is an excellent ride for what it is. Unless you were expecting an e-ticket, what is there to be disappointed with? It was billed as a stepping stone from Barnstormer to Thunder Mountain, right? Unfortunately there were some billing it as an e-ticket or even an "e-plus-ticket" which obviously it is not. In my mind it has everything you could ask for in a d-ticket family attraction: immersive theming, beautiful visual appeal, top notch queue, fun ride experience, music, impressive audio animatronics. What am I missing?
You only joined last week. Welcome!

You've a lot to catch up on.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Am I the only one who thinks the new stone facade looks terrible and really shoe-horned in? It doesn't look like it belongs with the rest of the buildings. It looks like the entrance to a church or something. IDGI.

The stone looks ok to me, it's the yellow clapboard portion that bothers me. It is directly connected to stone structures all the way around, behind it and on both sites which doesn't make sense to me.

aladdin2007

The stone looks ok to me, it's the yellow clapboard portion that bothers me. It is directly connected to stone structures all the way around, behind it and on both sites which doesn't make sense to me.

agree, seems hodge podge. I thought it was beautiful and charming the way it was but they seem determined anymore to set out and undo everything Imagineering had done so well. On the upside, like others have said at least its staying true to Norwegian architecture and not a huge cartoon frozen front, but.....ho hum. And not real crazy about the blue and brown, with that bright white wall under the yellow all next to each other.

matt9112

So no actual response, or...

silly you....two things number one is dont question marni...he is a resident history expert of sorts. and two the seven dwarfs mine trains orginal plan and layout was twice as long as what you see today. and included more indoor show portions. you can find those plans on this website. look in the old NFL construction thread.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the mine train is an excellent ride for what it is. Unless you were expecting an e-ticket, what is there to be disappointed with? It was billed as a stepping stone from Barnstormer to Thunder Mountain, right? Unfortunately there were some billing it as an e-ticket or even an "e-plus-ticket" which obviously it is not. In my mind it has everything you could ask for in a d-ticket family attraction: immersive theming, beautiful visual appeal, top notch queue, fun ride experience, music, impressive audio animatronics. What am I missing?

upload_2016-6-12_12-23-4.png
[/QUOTE]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom