Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

flyerjab

Agreed, and the blue roof is such a steep angle it makes the whole facade area look flat...very weird to me

The pictures I had looked at on line made me think that the Imagineers made a mistake with this, especially when compared to the work on the Sommerhus. I have walked by it the past few days on this trip and I will say that I find it looks way better in person when compared to a 2D photo. I think that the steep pitch of the roof lends it to looking bad in pictures. I think it looks much better in person.

AEfx

I don't need a three year long thread to have an opinion about a theme park attraction. Thanks tho.

Absolutely not. Opinions are like you-know-whats, everyone has one.

However, not everyone has an informed opinion, that's much more rare.

If you want to survive around these parts, you don't need to believe what everyone else believes - but you should at least have some knowledge of what you are talking about, if you want to be taken seriously.

Funny enough, if you did read the thread, you'd learn some amazing stuff that I am willing to bet you didn't know.

Goofyernmost

Am I the only one who thinks the new stone facade looks terrible and really shoe-horned in? It doesn't look like it belongs with the rest of the buildings. It looks like the entrance to a church or something. IDGI.
Spend some time exploring Europe. You will see that it is common to have buildings that do not match, share walls. Probably because it eliminated the expense of building another wall. I remember, especially in Italy where except for the front of the building you would never have known that a church was behind it. They were mashed in along with other buildings, living quarters or stores with no break in between any of them. But, when you went inside, there was a whole, large church. It was amazing. So the architecture for that is quite in keeping with the area it represents.

AEfx

Spend some time exploring Europe. You will see that it is common to have buildings that do not match, share walls. Probably because it eliminated the expense of building another wall. I remember, especially in Italy where except for the front of the building you would never have known that a church was behind it. They were mashed in along with other buildings, living quarters or stores with no break in between any of them. But, when you went inside, there was a whole, large church. It was amazing. So the architecture for that is quite in keeping with the area it represents.

Or even in the US, you see that a lot on the older east coast where cities grew up naturally vs. being pre-planned.

That's what is so strange as an East Coaster flying over the West Coast. It all looks like a SimCity video game from above - every time I think of flying over Arizona, all I can think of is that song from Weeds, "all the houses made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same" after flying over these massive housing developments with identical everything as far as you can see.

RSoxNo1

That yellow wall is horribly out of place. The other two facades look good, but that yellow wall is so visually offensive. It assaults the eyes because it's shoehorned in.
The good thing is it can be fixed with paint. A bluish gray would probably look fine.

JohnWD

image.jpeg
Still looking for the opening!

Cesar R M

silly you....two things number one is dont question marni...he is a resident history expert of sorts. and two the seven dwarfs mine trains orginal plan and layout was twice as long as what you see today. and included more indoor show portions. you can find those plans on this website. look in the old NFL construction thread.
Its amazing how new accounts suddenly appear and they do all exactly the same.. question Marni and demand spoon fed information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom