Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Weather_Lady

I respectfully disagree with those who find the golden yellow color of the new facade to be discordant, visually. While I've never been to Norway, I've been to Stockholm and other areas of Sweden on a few occasions, and that same goldenrod hue (often seen alongside forest green, cinnamon and brick red, as well as every color of natural stone imaginable) is the most popular color for buildings in the historic areas. While I realize that it's not a color we often see in American design, to me, the yellow facade screams, "Scandinavia!" much more pointedly than ever before.

Clamman73

I respectfully disagree with those who find the golden yellow color of the new facade to be discordant, visually. While I've never been to Norway, I've been to Stockholm and other areas of Sweden on a few occasions, and that same goldenrod hue (often seen alongside forest green, cinnamon and brick red, as well as every color of natural stone imaginable) is the most popular color for buildings in the historic areas. While I realize that it's not a color we often see in American design, to me, the yellow facade screams, "Scandinavia!" much more pointedly than ever before.
Yeah...I think it's fine...and besides the looking of it as appropriate for the building, it's about giving that spot more identity and focus compared to how it was...the focus for maybe the wrong reasons.. *shrugs*

MagicHappens1971

Found this great picture of over the wall of the Royal Sumerhaus on facebook, thought I'd share.
13269289_267892640236126_4502663397448700833_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom