Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

A foolish mortal

Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.22.50.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.22.56.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.05.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.11.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.16.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.26.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.35.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.23.51.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-11 18.24.06.png

aaronml

What's The Wandering Reindeer? My mind immediately went to Tangled's Snuggly Duckling.
That name is something I have heard in reference to retail space actually. Although I had originally thought it was for new retail space near the Sommerhus. I actually think that the earlier Golden Crocus name I had heard earlier might just be fake signage in the FEA queue.

sedati

Aside from the yellow wall issue I don't think anyone said it wouldn't.
Weren't there many who felt this would have a "toonified" look. Early on there were those who had fears of a giant inflatable Olaf. Many certainly felt that a giant Elsa ice castle would loom high and ruin the world showcase skyline. Wasn't the waterfall recently deemed a complete loss by many?

Cesar R M

Yes, they're undeniably cheaper and easier to add, with a built-in popularity, but that savings seems to dry up pretty quickly when you start to think about the day-to-day operating costs. Consider the staffing for a location like Princess Fairy Tale Hall, with 2 rooms on each side:
  • 2 character performers per room (with 2 alternates, due to the 1:1 work/break schedule they have)
  • 2 photographers per room
  • 2 greeters/crowd control per side
Each side requires at least 8 cast members to operate, but is only able to process 360 guests per hour, or 1 cast member for every 45 guests

Compare that to a simple spinner attraction, which is known for being very low capacity but can process around 600 guests per hour while only using 1 or 2 CMs (plus an overnight mechanic, shared with other rides), or 1 CM for every 300+ guests

Now consider something a little more unique like the PeopleMover or Carousel of Progress, both of which operate with 2-3 cast members and are capable of processing over 3,000 guests per hour (and seem to get no maintenance attention), or 1 CM for every 1,500+ guests

In a resort where they're cutting any excess staffing possible and even reducing the park operating hours in an attempt to save money, why is there such continued emphasis on these experiences with inherently high overhead costs? The break-even point can't be that far down the road for a ride compared to a M&G, but they're so focused on short-term spending that they can't see the forest for the trees. How many real attraction additions have been skipped over because of the high operating cost for M&Gs, relative to the number of guests who are able to experience them each day?

And yes, waiting in line is a part of the theme park experience and is to be expected. But Disney knows that every moment you're waiting in line is time that you're not spending money; why else would they have implemented MM+ to get people out of lines and into shops and restaurants? And how many more bodies can they get into their parks each day to fill those shops and restaurants if the attractions are capable of processing meaningful numbers of guests?
you're forgetting other expenses, like parts and, repair, clean crew, and electricity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom