Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

AEfx

...it's like the minimalist themeing of the backside of Expedition Everest. Everyone was all up in arms about it not being "Completed" for a while. The drama died after a while when people realized it really makes no difference to the actual attraction.

I think it "died off" because we then became much more concerned about the centerpiece of the attraction once he went all Donna Summers.

I wouldn't call the unfinished backside "minimalist". That said - there is a good reason for a lot of the varied opinion on this - it depended on how you entered the park. From the bus terminal, it didn't look that bad. Certainly unfinished, but wasn't horrible. But if you came in from the parking lot, it was really sad looking - one step away from walking behind a street facade over at the Studios. That shouldn't have flown at the more realistically themed park.

(Note, speaking in past tense because I have no idea what it looks like at the moment - I believe they added a "army" style camo tarp at one point?)

Goofyernmost

Or you just make the frame on the outside large so it's looks centered and the come up with a way to hide the fact that you can't see through the entire thing.
How do you do that without affecting the building that is connected to it. What they could have done is use a smaller window. Width wise! Wanna, bet that someone order the wrong size and they just decided to go with it, since only about three people on WDWmagic were ever going to notice it anyway.

Since that is in DLR and I have no intention of going to DLR, plus, even if I did Club 33 has no impact on me I would just have walked on by. What would I care about the architecture on something I'm never going to go into to begin with?

sedati

I'll actually be there the first weekend after it opens* to experience all that's new at both resorts so I'll tell everyone how the lines are for this.

*God help me...
I was expecting the lines for this and Pandora to be quite short as it seemed more than half the people on these boards said they would never step foot in these new places and
I think you may severely underestimate the audience - Frozen isn't just going to be sought after by "little girls". ;)
Apparently there will be many WDW Magic forum members there as well, despite claims of avoiding it all costs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How do you do that without affecting the building that is connected to it. What they could have done is use a smaller window. Width wise! Wanna, bet that someone order the wrong size and they just decided to go with it, since only about three people on WDWmagic were ever going to notice it anyway.

Since that is in DLR and I have no intention of going to DLR, plus, even if I did Club 33 has no impact on me I would just have walked on by. What would I care about the architecture on something I'm never going to go into to begin with?

Part of the window is fake and doesn't go through the wall, it just overlays the outside of the structure for make the window look larger, or as you point out, just use a smaller window.

Goofyernmost

I think it "died off" because we then became much more concerned about the centerpiece of the attraction once he went all Donna Summers.

I wouldn't call the unfinished backside "minimalist". That said - there is a good reason for a lot of the varied opinion on this - it depended on how you entered the park. From the bus terminal, it didn't look that bad. Certainly unfinished, but wasn't horrible. But if you came in from the parking lot, it was really sad looking - one step away from walking behind a street facade over at the Studios. That shouldn't have flown at the more realistically themed park.

(Note, speaking in past tense because I have no idea what it looks like at the moment - I believe they added a "army" style camo tarp at one point?)
Seems like a simple solution to that problem would have been planting some of those BIG trees and saggy lobe talks about blocking the back of it.

A foolish mortal

Trees added! Can someone tell me if the grass is real? Looks very fake to me
Skjermbilde 2016-06-05 kl. 20.38.33.png
Skjermbilde 2016-06-05 kl. 20.38.55.png

Mike S

I was expecting the lines for this and Pandora to be quite short as it seemed more than half the people on these boards said they would never step foot in these new places and

Apparently there will be many WDW Magic forum members there as well, despite claims of avoiding it all costs.
Just searched my posts and couldn't find anything of that nature concerning Frozen.
giphy.gif

How strange. How could you be wrong? I'm calling in the CIA on this. We need top notch investigators on this case pronto.

Castle Cake Apologist

Sometimes a room is not designed to be centered in the building that houses it. If a window needs to be centered in the middle of that room for esthetics from inside then that window may not be centered on the outside of the building.

Somethings are more important than other things.

This is a theme park. The aesthetics of the outside are all that matters. There is literally no justification for this. I can't believe that anybody is even trying to defend this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom