Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Sir_Cliff

It's not just the off-centered arrow. The windows are also different sizes. This project was brought to you by the people who did this to New Orleans Square:
There is an obvious problem at NOS, but from what I've seen of the Norwegian wooden houses they often look a little off-kilter in terms of the placement and size of the windows. Like it or not, I imagine that was a deliberate creative choice rather than incompetence, unlike the what they did at NOS where they kind of wrecked the facade to suit the layout of the expanded Club 33 inside.

AEfx

Thanks. Now we know for sure this ride will be total garbage.

Oh please. They are snapshots of unfinished bits.

By most accounts, there are going to be some nice visuals and AA's in there. I doubt once it opens folks will complain too much about that part, it will be the placement and logistical issues that continue to be the issues different camps see with the attraction.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

By most accounts, there are going to be some nice visuals and AA's in there. I doubt once it opens folks will complain too much about that part, it will be the placement and logistical issues that continue to be the issues different camps see with the attraction.

Nailed it

Capacity issues are coming

mickey v-neck

I was being sarcastic to prove a point. I am hopeful it will be a great attraction. Anyone saying it is garbage before riding it based on a couple low res pics is trying way too hard to be cynical.

AEfx

Nailed it

Capacity issues are coming

It's going to be unreal. It's going to be great for Epcot's gate numbers this year, though. Likely at the expense of AK and the Studios.

I'm willing to bet that at some point in the very near future, post-opening, they are going to have to add some additional entertainment there - maybe a Frozen-themed street show or...something - waiting couple of hours for this ride, then another couple of hours for the M&G, there is going to be a large concentration of guests mostly standing around in this very small area for an extended period of time.

FigmentJedi

I guess I'm exaggerating about the Sommerhus, but my other example still holds. Club 33 at Disneyland got refurbished a few years back... at the expense of New Orleans Square and its forced perspective.
NoSA.jpg

Edit:Made a grammatical error, now I need to revoke my Grammar Party membership.

I'm still baffled at how that gigantic picture window ended up being installed so off-center. There's so many things that went wrong with that Club 33 overhaul. It's like they deliberately screwed it up to try get people to drop their memberships and get the waiting list flowing.

Goofyernmost

I'm still baffled at how that gigantic picture window ended up being installed so off-center. There's so many things that went wrong with that Club 33 overhaul. It's like they deliberately screwed it up to try get people to drop their memberships and get the waiting list flowing.
Could have been support issues. If the main support was footed to the left of the window it would mean practically rebuilding to make it fit. If there was a mistake it was in the engineering part of it, and it was too late to do it any different. In all fairness, only the OCD crowd would even notice it, anyone else probably wouldn't care if they did notice it.

brb1006

It's going to be unreal. It's going to be great for Epcot's gate numbers this year, though. Likely at the expense of AK and the Studios.

I'm willing to bet that at some point in the very near future, post-opening, they are going to have to add some additional entertainment there - maybe a Frozen-themed street show or...something - waiting couple of hours for this ride, then another couple of hours for the M&G, there is going to be a large concentration of guests mostly standing around in this very small area for an extended period of time.
This is why I'm actually curious for it's opening day in two weeks. How many days is it until it finally opens anyway?

brb1006

I'll actually be there the first weekend after it opens* to experience all that's new at both resorts so I'll tell everyone how the lines are for this.

*God help me...
There will be a line of little girls dressed as Elsa which is obvious at this point. But if it's hot that day, then there will be alot of cranky children and expect some tantrums as your waiting.

bhg469

There will be a shift of people to epcot but then they will be back at mk.. Its going to just be a 4 hour setback for most guests with little girls.

brb1006

There will be a shift of people to epcot but then they will be back at mk.. Its going to just be a 4 hour setback for most guests with little girls.
And like MK, the meet and greet lines for Anna and Elsa and Epcot is going to be long to add more to the captivity (Especially since Anna and Elsa is going to move to Epcot in a few weeks) and maybe the gift shop since it recently added Frozen merchandise.

Animaniac93-98

It's my understanding that the window is not off centre when viewed from inside the Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom