Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Castle Cake Apologist

Uh, those guests paid, bro - much, much more than you! LOL. Or someone did, in order to be able to grant them admittance.

But I think you know that. That's why you are so bent out of shape about this. Hey, work hard, save your money, and you too may someday spend a ridiculous amount of money to be a member. Or marry well, into someone who has one in the family. But for either of those to happen, you'll need to clam down because your blood pressure is going to have you six feet under if you keep on about this.

Oh my...please, come back in from the deep end. If you are hysterical enough to say that, you shouldn't be in the pool.

Actually what I said is pretty much the general consensus of most, to the point that a lot of people thought they couldn't possibly be done. Very little care was put into the exteriors of the work that was done. Not to mention the closing of Court of Angels, one of the most wel designed areas of Disneyland. WED put careful consideration into making sure that Club 33 did not disrupt the design of New Orleans Square. The people in charge of this redesigned Club 33 project literally did not put any consideration into the changes as viewed from the outside. All that mattered was how it looked from the inside to people that they are making more money off of, who cares about the other guests? It just smacks all over of modern Disney.

I can only assume that all you've seen is this one example of the shoddy work that was done. The laughably off-center window is only one of many many questionable design choices.

I'm sorry that you seem to have no understanding or concept of themed design. I'm also sorry that you can only argue by belittling me. Cool life, bro.

Anyways, enough of this. This thread is not the place.

clemmo

Kind of surprised the attraction sign hasn't been put up yet with the screens coming down and all. I'd assume this week it should be up?

A foolish mortal

For people wondering about the sign Bryggestredet Kjølelager!
Cold Storage or something or other? @spiritofNorway , perhaps you could help?
That's right! Kjølelager means cold storage, a big cooler basically.. I guess it refers to Frozen as it's about snow and ice :) So it fits the entrance!
Kjølelager definitely means Cold Storage from the searching around / Googling that I have done, and Bryggestredet appears to mean "Brew Street" and is an actual street in Bergen, Norway. So I'm guessing that the sign means "Brew Street Cold Storage". @spiritofNorway may know better, but that is my preliminary guess.
Brygge in norwegian means both brew and dock (for boats), and considering this is a boatride, im pretty sure it refers to the boats docking (at load area)! The inspiration for the buildings (the merchandise stores and the new yellow building) comes from Bryggen in Bergen, which is the famous dock! The word Strede (most commonly known as "sund" in norwegian) is translated to strait (connection between lands underwater). The street in Bergen is called "dock strait" translated to english!

So what the sign means: Dock strait cooler storage (i dont think theres any way to translate it to better english hahah :D). It refers to the boatride and frozen :)

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

I don't really mind the Orange wall. I'll wait until completion, but I actually sort of like it.
I wonder if they did this to increase mustard sales in Germany Pavilion? LOL You know since there are all theses bean counters in Disney now. Those pennies will soon add up right??? Who knew "updating" Norway could increase sales in Germany. After waiting in the frozen lines for hours all the hungry kids that are traveling WS clockwise will be crying for pretzels and mustard by the time they get to Germany. No? oh well. Looks good anyway. ;)

Jeremy Geertsema

If part of the queue is in the old theatre, are people loading and unloading in the same location, and will the old harbour exit thing still be there?

michmousefan

They installed the window to entice new members with the promise of viewing space for Fantasmic! Hence the inappropriate size. The decision was made to improve things for the few guests who travel through Club 33 rather than the many, many more guests who experience the building from below.
Indeed. Perfectly sums up the contemporary management of the Company - they would much rather please the 1/2 of 1% with the fat wallets than care about the base-level admission purchasers (whom they are close to admitting contempt for in a lot of ways). Seems to be the case more and more across the company. Thank goodness the three-hour MK "bonus" event failed; that's been about the only "win" in that endeavor recently.

TeddyinMO

Brygge in norwegian means both brew and dock (for boats), and considering this is a boatride, im pretty sure it refers to the boats docking (at load area)! The inspiration for the buildings (the merchandise stores and the new yellow building) comes from Bryggen in Bergen, which is the famous dock! The word Strede (most commonly known as "sund" in norwegian) is translated to strait (connection between lands underwater). The street in Bergen is called "dock strait" translated to english!

So what the sign means: Dock strait cooler storage (i dont think theres any way to translate it to better english hahah :D). It refers to the boatride and frozen :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the very detailed explanation... So, let me get this right... For two years, I've read that Disney will destroy Norway for a fictional land. They open it back up with a design based on a real location from Norway, and people are now complaining that they don't like the color. Seems about right for these boards lately.

Magenta Panther

I guess I'm exaggerating about the Sommerhus, but my other example still holds. Club 33 at Disneyland got refurbished a few years back... at the expense of New Orleans Square and its forced perspective.
NoSA.jpg

Edit:Made a grammatical error, now I need to revoke my Grammar Party membership.

Is it just me, or does that building on the right look like it's crying out in pain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom