Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Castle Cake Apologist

I think they just have opinions like you do. Personally I don't understand why there's any discussion about it. But to each their own!

But it's not an opinion. It's a complete fact that the window is very noticeably off-center. It is also a fact that Club 33 is meant to be a secret area of the park and that it did just fine for 40 years without a giant poorly-placed picture window.

No design choice should be made that negatively impacts the theming of an area within the park. That's just common sense. This should have been designed with the outside appearance in mind.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
But it's not an opinion. It's a complete fact that the window is very noticeably off-center. It is also a fact that Club 33 is meant to be a secret area of the park and that it did just fine for 40 years without a giant poorly-place picture window.
And a complete fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Symmetry does not define beauty.

JohnWD

But it's not an opinion. It's a complete fact that the window is very noticeably off-center. It is also a fact that Club 33 is meant to be a secret area of the park and that it did just fine for 40 years without a giant poorly-placed picture window.

No design choice should be made that negatively impacts the theming of an area within the park. That's just common sense. This should have been designed with the outside appearance in mind.
Your facts are much appreciated. But for me, I go by there a few times a month, and it never bothered me. Subjective, I know. :)

Castle Cake Apologist

And a complete fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Symmetry does not define beauty.

You cannot be serious. This is not a purposeful design choice to have the building look that way. This is poor planning at best, or at worst, a complete lack of concern for the show experience of paying guests in order for a select few to have a centered view from within the new dining room. If symmetry doesn't matter, why did it matter so much inside the club that it had to negatively affect the theming of the area?

Either way, Disney used to be better than that. Not to mention that they thoroughly destroyed the charm and brilliant design of New Orleans Square. An area of WED-era design that is often considered the pinnacle of Disney theming.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You cannot be serious. This is not a purposeful design choice to have the building look that way. This is poor planning at best, or a complete lack of concern for the show experience for paying guests in order for a beneficial view for a select few at worst.

Either way, Disney used to be better than that. Not to mention that they thoroughly destroyed the charm and brilliant design of New Orleans Square. An area of WED-era design that is often considered the pinnacle of Disney theming.
Wow...this thread could be a Sharknado remake...talk about some over-(re)acting!!!

Last edited:

AEfx

This is poor planning at best, or at worst, a complete lack of concern for the show experience of paying guests in order for a select few to have a centered view from within the new dining room

Uh, those guests paid, bro - much, much more than you! LOL. Or someone did, in order to be able to grant them admittance.

But I think you know that. That's why you are so bent out of shape about this. Hey, work hard, save your money, and you too may someday spend a ridiculous amount of money to be a member. Or marry well, into someone who has one in the family. But for either of those to happen, you'll need to clam down because your blood pressure is going to have you six feet under if you keep on about this.

Not to mention that they thoroughly destroyed the charm and brilliant design of New Orleans Square.

Oh my...please, come back in from the deep end. If you are hysterical enough to say that, you shouldn't be in the pool.

yensidtlaw1969

How do you do that without affecting the building that is connected to it. What they could have done is use a smaller window. Width wise! Wanna, bet that someone order the wrong size and they just decided to go with it, since only about three people on WDWmagic were ever going to notice it anyway.

Since that is in DLR and I have no intention of going to DLR, plus, even if I did Club 33 has no impact on me I would just have walked on by. What would I care about the architecture on something I'm never going to go into to begin with?
They installed the window to entice new members with the promise of viewing space for Fantasmic! Hence the inappropriate size. The decision was made to improve things for the few guests who travel through Club 33 rather than the many, many more guests who experience the building from below.

Cesar R M

I'm still baffled at how that gigantic picture window ended up being installed so off-center. There's so many things that went wrong with that Club 33 overhaul. It's like they deliberately screwed it up to try get people to drop their memberships and get the waiting list flowing.
I think it was centered when viewed from inside.
If you see. There is a chandelier and its down in the center of the "window".

They installed the window to entice new members with the promise of viewing space for Fantasmic! Hence the inappropriate size. The decision was made to improve things for the few guests who travel through Club 33 rather than the many, many more guests who experience the building from below.

I still wonder why they didnt just add more tall windows. if there is a barrier there, just add 5 consecutive windows with very short separation on each one.
Good views ANd no off center.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom