Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess I'm exaggerating about the Sommerhus, but my other example still holds. Club 33 at Disneyland got refurbished a few years back... at the expense of New Orleans Square and its forced perspective.
NoSA.jpg

Edit:Made a grammatical error, now I need to revoke my Grammar Party membership.

talk about botched, Ill never understand why or who approved that.

I'm still baffled at how that gigantic picture window ended up being installed so off-center. There's so many things that went wrong with that Club 33 overhaul. It's like they deliberately screwed it up to try get people to drop their memberships and get the waiting list flowing.
Sometimes a room is not designed to be centered in the building that houses it. If a window needs to be centered in the middle of that room for esthetics from inside then that window may not be centered on the outside of the building.

Somethings are more important than other things.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sometimes a room is not designed to be centered in the building that houses it. If a window needs to be centered in the middle of that room for esthetics from inside then that window may not be centered on the outside of the building.

But I think with a little clever Imagineering, it could be centered in both.

FigmentJedi

But I think with a little clever Imagineering, it could be centered in both.

Not without major building reconstruction.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

Or maybe you don't install a gigantic picture window at all and preserve that sense of secrecy Club 33 is meant to hold. Because all that giant window does is say "Hey average guest on the ground whose paying an arm and a leg just to be here, check out these 1-percenters having a good time eating good food in a place you'll never see in person"

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And that's the problem
Well they fixed the problem for the inside of the room...it's like the minimalist themeing of the backside of Expedition Everest. Everyone was all up in arms about it not being "Completed" for a while. The drama died after a while when people realized it really makes no difference to the actual attraction. Just as the window not being centered on the outside of a building makes no difference to the people eating on the inside of the building.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
They are more concerned with it looking proper from inside for the paying guests that what it looks like from outside for the peons.
It cuts both ways.

I work for a new home Builder, and back in the day, windows were located to maximize the interior of the home, ie - maximize light flow, facilitate furniture placement (especially in bedrooms), provide balance to the interior rooms ....

Then the "Architectural Control" beast got stronger and stronger, and now the number one concern is a pleasing exterior, contributing to an overall pleasant streetscape; and interior aesthetics be darned.

I can't tell you how often I am asked, "But Jenny-fer, where do I put my couch (bed, tv, armoire, table), the window is in the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom