Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

A foolish mortal

I think the cabin and rockwork look nice, even if they are in the completely wrong location.

I wish they would have spent that money on a Frozen ride in MK or DHS instead.
What you need to understand is that the cabin and rockwork is actually norwegian :D Its Detlistua and Sverresborg in Trondheim. Its not from frozen (JUST the characters inside will be, and the ride at the old pav area), so its actually not "completely wrong location" at all. Norway is the perfect location for a norwegian cabin and norwegian castle ruins! What is inside the buildings is a different matter!

PorterRedkey

What you need to understand is that the cabin and rockwork is actually norwegian :D Its Detlistua and Sverresborg in Trondheim. Its not from frozen (JUST the characters inside will be, and the ride at the old pav area), so its actually not "completely wrong location" at all. Norway is the perfect location for a norwegian cabin and norwegian castle ruins! What is inside the buildings is a different matter!

Let me clarify. I think the execution of the exterior is well done and appropriate for the tie into the original Norway pavilion. Unlike the new Frozstrom exterior, which seems off to me as it is currently. I think that the MnG/Frozen ride is in the wrong location (old debate). I am not saying the exterior would be the same if it was built elsewhere. It would be appropriate to the park/land in which it was built.

If they had to build a Frozen ride in Norway, I would have preferred them to build the ride (with proper capacity) where the MnG is being built.

Prototype82

Isn't there a rule that construction progress threads don't permit "is it relevant in this park/pavilion" posts?

I digress...I love the gothic stone facade for the ride entrance. It's accurate to my google search expertise...lol. As to everyone saying the yellow slat-work is bland: It's not done yet, guys. Looks like a wrought iron sign/lamp might hang from the wall? If I could add one thing to the slat-work it's ornamentation, and there is PLENTY of time to add these kinds of small elements. Flower boxes, typography (as is common on Norwegian wood buildings)...I love that the focus of the facade changes and greet expansion is based entirely on trips to Norway for reference. With this in mind, I might be able to relax and enjoy a Frozen ride, even in Epcot. I love the ruins of that castle though...

Bocabear

So any guesses at the wdi price of this expansion including the frozen attraction 150 mil?
i heard 80 to 100 Million... Just for comparison sake, they are building a 10 story, 105 unit apartment building down the street whic will include a rooftop garden and swimming pool...the price is coming in at 22 million and that includes the cost of the land it sits on....
so...80 to 100 million hmmm...

ToTBellHop

i heard 80 to 100 Million... Just for comparison sake, they are building a 10 story, 105 unit apartment building down the street whic will include a rooftop garden and swimming pool...the price is coming in at 22 million and that includes the cost of the land it sits on....
Better analogy: Expedition Everest cost $100m. And it was a new build with a mountain, an enormous statue errrr...animatronic, and a high tech coaster track.

But hey, FEA will have a new s-bend in the flume.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Or, Six Flags spent 120 Million in TOTAL to add a ride/attraction to every one of the parks in the chain in 2016 (including multiple coasters, flat rides, water park attractions, and [arguably] two of the best non-Disney/non-Universal dark rides in the entire United States)... not saying I want Disney to start adding Six Flags "quality" attractions, but seriously... unless there is a 24 carat gold plated Elsa in the attraction who doubles as a night watch patrol sentinel guarding World Showcase from trespassers and drunkards with actual ice powers... I'm just not sure how you explain 80-100 million spent on this...

Next Big Thing

Better analogy: Expedition Everest cost $100m. And it was a new build with a mountain, an enormous statue errrr...animatronic, and a high tech coaster track.

But hey, FEA will have a new s-bend in the flume.
Working within an existing structure doesn't always mean it will be cheap. This was a 25 year old ride that was filled with mold issues (and yes, the addition of the S-bend). Much of the ride had to be torn down to it's skeleton.

It would've almost been cheaper to demo the whole thing and start from scratch. Or even better, start from scratch on the big piece of land where the M&G went...

gmajew

Hard to believe those numbers are right... Really three new buildings... and redoing a facade and the ride...

The stuff they did in the ride have got to be state state of the art if this is true but I am not buying it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom