Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

A foolish mortal

I just hope they give it better lighting than Italy expansion. I think the castle facade could look pretty awesome at night if they do the lighting right!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I actually think what bothers me the most is the weird window placement but that may be because I'm someone who really likes things to be symmetrical.

07-21-14-IMG_1384.jpg

Bocabear

Whats wrong with the rockwork now?

Looks pretty Norwegian to me. Does it fit with the castle? Probably not, but def fits the Norway theme. Next to the 'orange' building it actually looks like it belongs there.

I know there is lots wrong with WDW right now and people don't like Frozen in Norway but I think they've actually done a decent job here. I kinda like it so far.
I don't think it is terrible....but the original entrance and building were so much nicer and more harmonious with the courtyard...more detailed with the dormered windows, stucco and chimney... But I dont really know the story they are telling with the architecture now... Still seems like they could have just left the original building as it was....

Cesar R M

View attachment 144103

Not sure if anything changed overnight, but in person the yellow facade is quite dull. The roof is also not bright and shiny as in the first photo. Here's one from my phone. Obviously not the best quality, but it's pretty close to what it looks like in person this morning.
So, they indeed did the technique of the Castle Turrets.
Base layer bright very shinny.
Then tone it down with another color.

Did someone forgot to bring a ruler?

thequirkysarah

My issue is how much detail has been taken out of the building they painted yellow. The matched windows used to be a unique arched design that broke up the roof line. The lower windows had charming rock work around them. As of right now everything is looking quite flat and incongruous with the surrounding architecture.

The new stone entrance and the yellow facade to the left used to look like one complete building. Now each is its own building? And the side facade of the yellow building doesn't make any sense with the yellow wood cladding. Why does it tie back in to the stonework area? Are they still supposed to be one building?

I am very much hoping there are a lot more details to go on these facades like the ornate trim that was previously on the roof line, and the sconces on the exterior walls. Maybe some shutters will make the one undersized window look more to scale? Right now it is entirely perplexing.

Rutt

I don't think it is terrible....but the original entrance and building were so much nicer and more harmonious with the courtyard...more detailed with the dormered windows, stucco and chimney... But I dont really know the story they are telling with the architecture now... Still seems like they could have just left the original building as it was....
I think that's totally fair. I understand liking the old one better but I guess I just don't get the 'it's terrible' or it's not Norwegian. It very clearly looks like a Norwegian port and next to the Orange building doesn't look terrible at all. I was seriously expecting some sort of gaudy neon yellow the way people were going off.

clemmo

The yellow seems to look a bit better from recent videos/pics. I guess they wanted to see it dried. Personally i'm still not a huge fan but at least it's not as bright as it looked in some of the earlier pics. I see how it is Norwegian now, but the placement just seems kind of off imo. The meet/greet looks very nice and well themed

Soarin' Over Pgh

I half-jokingly asked earlier if the same team responsible for that was responsible for this new Norway facade. I still shudder when I see how they systematically destroyed NOS. Just terrible.

A little piece of my childhood died when I saw what they did to NOS. when I was 14 my uncle proposed to my now aunt in that location and I was there to see it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, lol The 'architecture' there, now, is devastatingly bad design.

And thus concludes Off Topic, with your host, Soarin'.

I have no knowledge on the subject but given past history, I would not expect any soft openings…

It's not 2005 anymore when we had a couple of weeks of test & adjust for Soarin.....

Considering we have an opening date.. Maybe, maaaaaybe a day or two prior. I hope it's not another RoL fiasco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom