Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Mike S

Why is the new yellow facade showing the SIDE of a house/building? Or is that what the front of a house looks like in Norway? I cant tell. It does clash horribly tho.
It looked off to me too but I couldn't tell why besides the color. Now that you said it that way I finally know why. It does look like the side of a house lol. The stone part looks fine to me though even though the old one blended a bit better with its surroundings.

NearTheEars

image.jpeg

Not sure if anything changed overnight, but in person the yellow facade is quite dull. The roof is also not bright and shiny as in the first photo. Here's one from my phone. Obviously not the best quality, but it's pretty close to what it looks like in person this morning.

JustInTime

View attachment 144103

Not sure if anything changed overnight, but in person the yellow facade is quite dull. The roof is also not bright and shiny as in the first photo. Here's one from my phone. Obviously not the best quality, but it's pretty close to what it looks like in person this morning.

That material still looks out of place with the stone building next to it. Thanks for sharing.

JDL30

I'm assuming it is based on this sort of building at the base of the real Akershus Fortress. The problem with a lot of world showcase is that they are trying to merge quite a lot of architectural styles into a cramped forced perspective space (The UK pavilion is prime example of this). I suspect that once viewed alongside the Fjording it won't look too out of place - but it does need to be weathered a little.
Akershus Fort.JPG

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm assuming it is based on this sort of building at the base of the real Akershus Fortress. The problem with a lot of world showcase is that they are trying to merge quite a lot of architectural styles into a cramped forced perspective space (The UK pavilion is prime example of this). I suspect that once viewed alongside the Fjording it won't look too out of place - but it does need to be weathered a little.
View attachment 144111

What is with the guy standing in the little white booth on the lower right? lol

aladdin2007

View attachment 144103

so the scrims are down again? what is with the boarded up little window though?.......I do still like the new stonework but its too dark, it should be lighter like in the concept pic so it blends in more with the fortress,,,,like others have said why they just didnt stick with the fortress look all together in front is beyond me..theres too much bouncing off each other that doesn't cohesively work together.

Rutt

They're hoping the yellow portion will draw attention from the rock work. :)

Whats wrong with the rockwork now?

I was really hoping that yellow was photoshopped. The part above the old maelstrom part looks fine and from what I've seen the Sommerhaus looks fine but that yellow doesn't scream frozen or Norway at all
Looks pretty Norwegian to me. Does it fit with the castle? Probably not, but def fits the Norway theme. Next to the 'orange' building it actually looks like it belongs there.

I know there is lots wrong with WDW right now and people don't like Frozen in Norway but I think they've actually done a decent job here. I kinda like it so far.

Attachments

• cropped-img_2957.jpg
    cropped-img_2957.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Mike S

Whats wrong with the rockwork now?

Looks pretty Norwegian to me. Does it fit with the castle? Probably not, but def fits the Norway theme. Next to the 'orange' building it actually looks like it belongs there.

I know there is lots wrong with WDW right now and people don't like Frozen in Norway but I think they've actually done a decent job here. I kinda like it so far.
I actually think what bothers me the most is the weird window placement but that may be because I'm someone who really likes things to be symmetrical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom