Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

aladdin2007

Truly a travesty. Loved the H/H store.

there is still some HH merch its just been moved into the troll room...the back frozen room has been entirely remodeled with a Norwegian design including rosemaling ceilings and beams, new carpet, and the chandeliers that had been hanging in maelstroms exit have been retained and implemented here. It all looks nice but not impressed with the frozen merch in that room, same old stuff you find everywhere else, hopefully in time they will come out with some attraction specific merch. On the flip side there is a great new line of Norway merch in the other rooms. And as shown in the pic the exit area into the store is being entirely redone......was nice to hear Norwegian music inside and outside again.....The stave church is locked yet the exhibit signs are still hanging out front on both sides so not sure what is going on with that, as disneys site no longer lists it as being closed, yet it is.........I do not like the yellow building in person, at all!! Its a hodge podge sticks out like a sore thumb thing next to the beautiful new stonework, which by the way is much more stunning in person, I just dont get it.....a couple of guys were on the roof working though....I think what bothers me more is the big black arrow on that yellow building..it looks ridiculous.....thats my little review from today......and is it just me or does anyone else see the face of a troll if you look long enough at the new closed up rock work?

Cesar R M

Working within an existing structure doesn't always mean it will be cheap. This was a 25 year old ride that was filled with mold issues (and yes, the addition of the S-bend). Much of the ride had to be torn down to it's skeleton.

It would've almost been cheaper to demo the whole thing and start from scratch. Or even better, start from scratch on the big piece of land where the M&G went...
isnt it a bit ironic that by "going cheap" it actually cost more?

RSoxNo1

So the high priced sweaters are gone and Frozen merchandise is in it's place. Not really a surprise. Was that section of the gift shop completely walled off until Friday?

rle4lunch

wow why do you bother to even post in this thread

Perhaps because this is a message board where we express our opinions, good or bad? o_O Or because this was my least favorite ride of all the Disney parks I've visited in the last 25 years. I loathed everything about it, including the gift shop. I'm glad it's gone. It was a hokey, short, discombobulated mess of a ride with a tourism pitch to take a NCL cruise or to work an oil rig, topped off by an infomercial for Norway at the end. The ride seemed like value engineered rubbish. There wasn't anything redeeming about the ride, as I could never find a positive attribute. And believe me, I tried.

Now, does that mean Frozen will be better? Probably not, but hey, at least it won't have a 'expletive' OIL RIG that represents the current culture of Norway. If I were from that region, I'd feel shortchanged about my country's past, as I watched trolls and cruise ships be Disney's idea of a country's "rich history".

That said, I really hope that they fix the outside building works and paint, it looks a bit off... Maybe it'll look normal by the time our visit in December rolls around.

Castle Cake Apologist

Perhaps because this is a message board where we express our opinions, good or bad? o_O Or because this was my least favorite ride of all the Disney parks I've visited in the last 25 years. I loathed everything about it, including the gift shop. I'm glad it's gone. It was a hokey, short, discombobulated mess of a ride with a tourism pitch to take a NCL cruise or to work an oil rig, topped off by an infomercial for Norway at the end. The ride seemed like value engineered rubbish. There wasn't anything redeeming about the ride, as I could never find a positive attribute. And believe me, I tried.

Now, does that mean Frozen will be better? Probably not, but hey, at least it won't have a 'expletive' OIL RIG that represents the current culture of Norway. If I were from that region, I'd feel shortchanged about my country's past, as I watched trolls and cruise ships be Disney's idea of a country's "rich history".

That said, I really hope that they fix the outside building works and paint, it looks a bit off... Maybe it'll look normal by the time our visit in December rolls around.

Erm, I'm fairly certain that the oil rig scene was mandated by the Norweigan government, so they must have thought that it represented the current culture of Norway.

MagicHappens1971

I'm not sure if this has been established here or if it's just a rumor because I've never heard of it before. Someone said that one of the reasons Disney chose to put Frozen in (besides their other reasons) is that Norway didn't want to pay to refurb Maelstrom and Disney chose to just put it in a new attraction? I feel like I read something like this here but can't remember.

aladdin2007

I'm not sure if this has been established here or if it's just a rumor because I've never heard of it before. Someone said that one of the reasons Disney chose to put Frozen in (besides their other reasons) is that Norway didn't want to pay to refurb Maelstrom and Disney chose to just put it in a new attraction? I feel like I read something like this here but can't remember.

correct

Last edited:

JDL30

They seem to have planted a big tree in front of the ride entrance... Also I'm starting to really like the new frontage - feeling more Norwegian and the Yellow front and roof definitely has been toned down since the first images.

fea.jpg
fea2.jpg

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I dunno guys. It still doesn't feel like it fits (the yellow building)... I do like the tree though, and seeing (new) adult trees in the park makes me very happy. I'm a fan of shade.

a friend of mine who hasnt even been to the park for 20 years, saw a before and after photo and she said "they completely removed the charm". sums it up perfectly I think.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A reminder from the first post in this thread.

1. If you want to discuss the merits of having a Frozen attraction in Epcot, and whether or not it fits, or anything not related to construction and the specifics of the actual attraction - go to Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

2. This thread is specially for construction updates, opening information, and specifics of the attraction. ANYTHING outside of this must be posted in the thread mentioned above in point 1.

Anything that does not meet the above criteria will be deleted. Anyone who continues to not follow the guidelines will be banned from posting in this thread.

Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom