Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Bocabear

Hard to believe those numbers are right... Really three new buildings... and redoing a facade and the ride...

The stuff they did in the ride have got to be state state of the art if this is true but I am not buying it...
I agree...the numbers just sound WAY out of wack... I know animatronics are expensive, but when a ride overlay and meet and greet costs more that the Harry Potter's London addition, something is terribly wrong... Maybe they slipped Bob Iger's vacation house in St Barths into the cost......well to hit those numbers it would have to be 4 or 5 vacation houses in St Barths...

gmajew

I agree...the numbers just sound WAY out of wack... I know animatronics are expensive, but when a ride overlay and meet and greet costs more that the Harry Potter's London addition, something is terribly wrong... Maybe they slipped Bob Iger's vacation house in St Barths into the cost......well to hit those numbers it would have to be 4 or 5 vacation houses in St Barths...

Yeah the numbers cannot be right at all I wonder if the numbers we hear are always inflated to push agendas.... Can not imagine the company is that out of whack.... and the shareholders not seeing it in financial reports...

Next Big Thing

Diagon/London cost about $250M, certainly not 80-100M.

But honestly, the most timely comparison is Frozen against Kong. Kong only cost about $100M (if that) from what i've heard, so the Frozen number is just sad.

Mike S

Diagon/London cost about $250M, certainly not 80-100M.

But honestly, the most timely comparison is Frozen against Kong. Kong only cost about $100M (if that) from what i've heard, so the Frozen number is just sad.
Correct. I think $150-60 million was tossed around for Kong. For other comparisons Forbidden Journey cost around $75 million and Mermaid in DCA, without the great rock work and queue in Florida, was $100 million..... What?

A foolish mortal

"Mexico Pavilion margarita stand served its last drink this week at Epcot"
http://www./2016/06/mexico-pavilion-margarita-stand-served-its-last-drink-this-week-at-epcot/
Skjermbilde 2016-06-01 17.40.07.png

Because of Norway?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Working within an existing structure doesn't always mean it will be cheap. This was a 25 year old ride that was filled with mold issues (and yes, the addition of the S-bend). Much of the ride had to be torn down to it's skeleton.

It would've almost been cheaper to demo the whole thing and start from scratch. Or even better, start from scratch on the big piece of land where the M&G went...

Bingo. That's exactly what they should have done or better yet leave maelstrom and build a frozen section in DHS

But this is 2016 and Disney "where everything is made up and the points don't matter" ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom