Noodle Station Refurbishment

krankenstein

They had holes like the ones below cut in the ceiling yesterday.

DSCN3590.jpg

DSCN3591.jpg

BTW, sorry for the crappy shots, I broke my camera's screen during the trip. I had no idea if I was getting the pictures or not.

rabbit1

If there's one thing I want to say about the Tomorrowland Terrace/Noodle Station, please stop being so indecisive.

Unfortunately, as the Noodle Station it apparently wasn't very popular (though the time I ate there the food was pretty tasteless so I'm not that surprised), but of course it doesn't make sense for them to call it the "Noodle Station" if they're just going to sell hamburgers.

I expect there's some thought behind the scenes that whatever is there should be somewhat unique and not just be another hamburger stand, hence the try at noodles and other things. Personally I think that's a great idea -- I love that Disney offers a wide variety of food options in the parks and I had very much looked forward to Noodle Station. Unfortunately it seems that either guest tastes are too narrow to support much variety, or the need to make the food fast and cheap means the have to cut too much quality to be successful.

Hmm... maybe they could come up with some assortment of "Out of This World" food that's still kid-friendly, like pb&j sandwiches in the shape of stars and moons, and mini corn-dogs as "food pills" and the like. :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The work seems to be mostly concentrated on the Wishes dessert party area. I'm guessing that after the very successful trial period they are going to make some infrastructure changes to make it more permanent and efficient,

I would guess at this as well. My family did the dessert party in October. We enjoyed it and it sold out (for good reason), but logistically, the lay out left something to be desired. To get from the seats to the lever with the dessert buffet laid out was a long circuitous route from where we were, mainly because as a counter-service restaurant seating area, there would have been little need to go from where we were sitting to where the buffet was. I suspect they will re-orient a ramp, put in an extra staircase, or something like that.

With some not all that extensive modifications, they could probably increase seating by 10-15% and improve traffic flow as well.

cl_x_4

We were there yesterday and saw all the tables near the counters were cleared. (stacked and shuffled, so to speak) Not sure what the plan is for that side.

We would like to see it stay open as the Noodle Station or similar on a more consistent basis. To be honest, if it could be like the CS at AK that is the equivilent noodle bar, I'd be happy with that. I just like the idea of non-fried options that aren't sandwiches. I'm under no 'health' type illusions, but I'm a bit tired of burgers and fries and chicken nuggets and fries, etc.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
Looked like the entire barrier between the edge of the restaurant and the moat below. What little remains of the wall looked badly torched.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve a hunch - that`s all it is - the balcony floor area is being increased outwards, beyond the canopy. You have to be right on the railing to see Wishes - more open area, more dessert party payers will get to see the show instead of low level pyro and a ceiling.

Anyway, the old PC is back. Here`s the photo I took in december of the LED light fitting I mentioned earlier. Overall the fitting is the same size of the original 1973 fittings:

Attachments

• wIMG_8245.jpg
    wIMG_8245.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 58

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom