No More Rumors from ReDisniey E-Dew: Goodbye

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hate to say "Told you so", but...you know.:rolleyes:

Yeah Lee, you would think people would believe you by now. You've been here since May 2002 and have been proven many times to know what's what. Yet some people would prefer to believe total fiction over reality, and then get upset for being told it's nonsense. Not much you can do with people like that.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Hate to say "Told you so", but...you know.:rolleyes:

Yeah Lee, you would think people would believe you by now. You've been here since May 2002 and have been proven many times to know what's what. Yet some people would prefer to believe total fiction over reality, and then get upset for being told it's nonsense. Not much you can do with people like that.

Listen to the man. He is wise. :wave: :D

:lookaroun

Holy crap. You mean I got something right?!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
By bad, apparently I got the wrong user. I was not aware that he was a "banned user" and his info is unreliable. Sorry about that.

I wouldnt use the word unreliable, I would use the words "made up fiction". I know other sites like to just repost things that are posted elsewhere, and call it "news", so I can see why losing access to a "great source" like ReDisney may be a blow to some people.

krankenstein

By bad, apparently I got the wrong user. I was not aware that he was a "banned user" and his info is unreliable. Sorry about that.

Same here, I was not aware of this information I even asked about this earlier and nobody would come out and say this until Steve got back. Even though he was a fake I still enjoyed reading his posts. It's always fun to hope for the best, but I still take all rumors with a grain of salt. Heck, even though I trust Lee and have read his posts for years, I do not take it for fact until Disney officially announces something.

Thanks again for the clarification and keeping wdwmagic a great site Steve!

dwightshrutefan

This ReDis guy has not even been around for a while and people are going crazy because he will not be posting anymore..

He left, I believe in the middle of some kind of drama that he was fake..yet he comes back after so long..posts something..people praise him..thread gets deleted..he goes all drama on us by starting a " I am leaving, woe is me" thread to get attention and everyone goes crazy!

I do not think magic is going to just fall apart now that he will not post any more news/rumors/whatever for us.

Unreal...

hahaha! nice one maggie!

(f that is your name)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Same here, I was not aware of this information I even asked about this earlier and nobody would come out and say this until Steve got back. Even though he was a fake I still enjoyed reading his posts. It's always fun to hope for the best, but I still take all rumors with a grain of salt. Heck, even though I trust Lee and have read his posts for years, I do not take it for fact until Disney officially announces something.

Thanks again for the clarification and keeping wdwmagic a great site Steve!

I understand that rumors may be fun, but they need to put into some kind of order.

I consider there to be 2 types of rumor.

1. Information that is solid, credible, and relilable. Basically information that is fact, but not yet announced. It is a rumor, because at Disney, things change all the time, and it may or may not happen. BUT, the key part is that at one time or another, it is fact, and is liekly at some point to be officially confirmed and implemented.

2. Information that is totally made up by someones imagination is not a credible or reliable WDW rumor. It's pointless in the context of an informational site. It may be interesting to read, but it should not be read in an area that is reserved for useful, fact based information.

WDWMAGIC News and Rumors is about number 1 above.

You would be amazed how quickly information on the internet propgates.
When "rumors" are based on number 2 above, it takes seconds for that to be passed around, and before you know it, it becomes "WDWMAGIC says [insert fictional rumor here]". Once that happens, there is no regining it back in. WDWMAGIC then becomes the source of nonsense. Even though it wasnt on the main site, and just posted by a member, it becomes internet "fact". I dont want WDWMAGIC to be part of that.

figmentmom

Just to provide an explaination as to what happened.

ReDisney is a previously banned member who has taken the novel approach of presenting highly believable "inside information" that is loosely based on the truth, but in large parts is totally fabricated. There is another website where this poster belongs, and as part of their "entertainment" they come here to see how they can rile up WDWMAGIC members, and make them beleive fabricated stories. They find it all highly amusing.

WDWMAGIC is about news and rumors. however, we are not about totally fabricated, wild, and made up rumors. This site has a reputation for being a credible source for reliable information. Posting nonsense does not fit in with that idea, nor is it going to be allowed here. If some of you want to read wild, made up fantasy, you are in the wrong place.

As to why you didnt hear anything from myself about why the original thread was removed, the answer is simple, I was on my way out. Yes I am human, and do occasionally leave WDWMAGIC headquarters and head out for things like food and other essential items. I saw the made up thread, removed it as I was leaving, and just returned.

If anyone (who is civilised) has any questions, they are always welcome to PM me or post in the support area.

Yes, it does, and that's why I figured the thread had disappeared.

I didn't realize the poster was a previously banned member (I'm a bit behind the times here :lol:), but I'm not surprised.

Good work, Steve (and THAT is why I support the site!) :sohappy:

dwightshrutefan

I understand that rumors may be fun, but they need to put into some kind of order.

I consider there to be 2 types of rumor.

1. Information that is solid, credible, and relilable. Basically information that is fact, but not yet announced. It is a rumor, because at Disney, things change all the time, and it may or may not happen. BUT, the key part is that at one time or another, it is fact, and is liekly at some point to be officially confirmed and implemented.

2. Information that is totally made up by someones imagination is not a credible or reliable WDW rumor. It's pointless in the context of an informational site. It may be interesting to read, but it should not be read in an area that is reserved for useful, fact based information.

WDWMAGIC News and Rumors is about number 1 above.

When "rumors" are based on number 2 above, it takes seconds for that to be passed around, and before you know it, it becomes "WDWMAGIC says [insert fictional rumor here]". Once that happens, there is no regining it back in. WDWMAGIC then becomes the source of nonsense. Even though it wasnt on the main site, and just posted by a member, it becomes internet "fact". I dont want WDWMAGIC to be part of that.

Maybe you could make a "Wanna Be Rumors" where you put made up rumors that you wish would happen or things you want to see done with the park

krankenstein

I gotcha and I totally agree. I wouldn't want wdwmagic to get the same treatment as some rumor sites out on the web. Integrity means a lot to me and that is one of the things I like about your site.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe you could make a "Wanna Be Rumors" where you put made up rumors that you wish would happen or things you want to see done with the park

There is a huge difference between making a post about what you would like to happen, and making up false information and posting it as fact. ReDisney was posting the later, which is just simply misleading.

If you want to make a post about something that you wish would happen, and you say so, there is no problem with that at all. There is a problem if you present your wish as fact and mislead people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom