No more park hopping...

Britt

Honestly, I haven't park hopped since my single days. It is hard to go from place to place with the little ones. But, we recently purchased PAP so for our next couple of trips we will have that option. We plan to hop the water parks on this trip as well as a couple to hit some fireworks and shows.
I think that was why I didn't like it much. Going from MK to HS, was a pain in the BUTT. Trying to load up everything from the morning, get the stroller folded and catch a bus to ride. Then unload everything with 3 little kids. It was more of a pain then it was worth. lol

RonAnnArbor

Park hop every day of every visit -- as an annual passholder, I couldn't imagine at this point in time spending an entire day in one park -- in fact, I can't recall the last time I had the urge to "have to" do any ride or attraction at any park -- or that had a line -- or that was out of fastpasses -- its now more about the experience, enjoying different aspects of different parks at different times, the restaurants, and the live shows...

jlsHouston

I added the park hopper option last time we were there over Thanksgiving and it was actually really nice to have breakfast at one park do a few things and then end up at another...you do lose some time with the transportation... I kind of want to park hop this next trip too.. mainly for dining..:p

jlsHouston

I gotta say....Its been amazing for us too.

Im now in my mid 40's and When I see guys in their 20's and 30's with young families running thru the parks and trying to do everything they can to get in front of people I wanna grab 'em and yell...."IT ALL GOES BY IN A BLUR!!!SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY IT!!"

My poor sons first time EVER in Magic Kingdom...we got delayed getting into the Resort and had Adrs for Crt that we were Running REALLY late for....We Ran down main street usa and hes yelling..."whats that??? I wanna see Mickey!! ...and Im yelling...NO WERE LATE COME ON!!

Laughable now But man...i was ridiculous!!

haha... been there and done that too!!

FettFan

Oh dear Lord, your thread title made me think that WDW was ending the Hopper option. Thanks for the heart attack, buddy. :p

We have done park hopping in the past, but for the past few years have elected not to park hop and just enjoy the park we are in. We like to get there early, take a mid-day break at the room, pool and hot tub, then come back around 4 or 5 for the rest of the evening.
It seems to me, hopping just takes away from park time, or I wind up skipping some things because I'm headed to a different park.
Yes, I know many people like to hop over to MK or Epcot for evening fireworks, but we like getting back to the room early on AK days and like going to DTD some evenings as well.
Do you park hop every trip?

Every trip, every time. ;)

To paraphrase Jack Sparrow..."A Hopper is more than a ticket...it's freedom."

HouCuseChickie

We don't hop. We may once the kids get older, but for now we like to pick a park for each day and just stick with that. Some of the preference may stem from the early days...well, at least early for me, when it was just MK and Epcot and we never felt any reason to hop. It's really only since the addition of DHS and AK that I could see us getting into hopping since we struggle to make those all day parks.

Now here's a funny thing...we had some complaints about ride breakdowns on our last trip and were given 2 days of no-expiration park hoppers for our troubles. What irked me a bit...while the girl assisting me was very sweet and very service oriented, she noted something like "at least with the hopper, you can hop to another park if you find yourself in a park with a lot of breakdowns." Odd.

Gonzo79

We park hop every trip,but usually not until the last couple days of it.We leave a day open,with nothing planned, and go back and do some things that we missed. Like we'll hit DHS in the morning to do Toy Story,then go to Epcot and do things we missed. I prefer to spend the enire day in one park though.

All Disney All The Time

I think that was why I didn't like it much. Going from MK to HS, was a pain in the BUTT. Trying to load up everything from the morning, get the stroller folded and catch a bus to ride. Then unload everything with 3 little kids. It was more of a pain then it was worth. lol
When the little devils were little we felt the same exact way as you. Now that we head off by ourselves it is a LOT easier to Park Hop. But I envy you the experience of having little ones; I wish for those days again. ENJOY!!

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
We park hop every trip because to us DHS is only a 1/2 day park (so we need another park to fill the second half of the day and that evening) and DAK shuts down before sunset.

the-reason14

Personally I can't not park hop. Today for example, I did mk in the morning, MGM early noon, ak mid noon, back to pop half century to shower and change, then back to MGM, then Epcot, and just now ending the day at the magic kingdom. It was my last day and I always go all out on the last day. However, my only difference for me on a "regular" day would be me going back to the room for a nap. Mostly the going back and forth between parks had to do with using different fast pass times. But either way, it's how I do.

All Disney All The Time

Personally I can't not park hop. Today for example, I did mk in the morning, MGM early noon, ak mid noon, back to pop half century to shower and change, then back to MGM, then Epcot, and just now ending the day at the magic kingdom. It was my last day and I always go all out on the last day. However, my only difference for me on a "regular" day would be me going back to the room for a nap. Mostly the going back and forth between parks had to do with using different fast pass times. But either way, it's how I do.
Congrats on having an awesome day.

DisneyGuyNYC

I can't do a full day in Animal Kingdom. I get so bored by it. If I'm there for less than a week I would need to park hop to get in everything I want to see in Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

There's also the issue of reservations. Sometimes the dinner you want isn't in the park that fit into your schedule that day.

brumby

I park hop every trip. I'll usually do one park in the morning and lunch, then go to a second park in the afternoon, then return to the resort to relax and chill for a bit, then off to another park in the evening. Sometimes, however, I will substitute a park for DTD.

LOL... First thought after reading ... Forrest Gump ... Running & running & running ... "I just felt like running"

Just had to post that... It was actually the first thought that came to mind. Very funny!

ddbowdoin

Slowing down and enjoying the experience, taking it slow and enjoying the shows and scenery is the best thing we have ever done. We used to go full blast, but that changed years ago. The best thing we ever did at WDW was slow down and savor the experience...quality over quantity.

Same but for us it depends on length of stay and who were traveling with. Over the last few years we've gone with some friends, or my inlaws and that impacts how fast or slow we take it.

I'm a little spoiled because I don't think I'll ever get to experience a length of stay like our last one... 13 days!

DisneyGuyNYC

I like keep the "mood" of each park separated.
I only go to Animal Kingdom when I'm tired too, don't worry.

tumblr_m5bljwyVik1qhfc59o1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom