No more park hopping...

Spikerdink

I like to park hop.... A few times when I have been by myself, I have taken part of my first day and tried to hit all four parks. The first time I did it I had a lot of fun doing it.... I chose at least one ride/show to see and then headed off to the next park. Took a picture of myself in each park.... By the time I finished, my room was ready and I got a taste for the week ahead.... It's not something everyone would like to do, but for me it was a fun challenge since I was all alone.

Bronson55

One of the main reasons we like to park hop is because, while we love all the parks some in our opinion have better food choices. We opt for the dining plan so for instance, we may spend the day in HS but choose to take the boat over to Epcot for dinner.

luv

I gotta say....Its been amazing for us too.

Im now in my mid 40's and When I see guys in their 20's and 30's with young families running thru the parks and trying to do everything they can to get in front of people I wanna grab 'em and yell...."IT ALL GOES BY IN A BLUR!!!SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY IT!!"

My poor sons first time EVER in Magic Kingdom...we got delayed getting into the Resort and had Adrs for Crt that we were Running REALLY late for....We Ran down main street usa and hes yelling..."whats that??? I wanna see Mickey!! ...and Im yelling...NO WERE LATE COME ON!!

Laughable now But man...i was ridiculous!!
It's so funny how when you have young kids, you're like, "Yeah, yeah, it goes by fast. It's not seeming too fast..." And then when they leave, you're like, "That's it? It's over? It...went...by...so...fast!" And then you want to tell others to enjoy it more, but they're too busy saying, "Yeah, yeah..."

Way of the world, I guess!

Kobe!!

I park hop every trip. I'll usually do one park in the morning and lunch, then go to a second park in the afternoon, then return to the resort to relax and chill for a bit, then off to another park in the evening. Sometimes, however, I will substitute a park for DTD.
This. :)

We used to, went without it for one trip, and then decided we preferred parkhopper. The reason we get it is for restaurants, not for rides. We are usually done with HS and AK at 2, so we go take a mid-afternoon break and go to another park(aka EP) for dinner. These days would be fairly short without parkhopper. Epcot has such a greater restaurant selection. Plus, parkhopper helps planning with Extra Magic Hours.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
We pretty much park hop almost every day of a trip - even during an 8 day or longer trip. We do NOT commando anything anymore, but take our time. Since joining DVC we have really slowed down. We usually start at a park early in the morning, hit the attractions we want, then back to the resort to relax. Then a different park, usually EPCOT, for the evening. We don't use Fastpass, so that won't affect us at all. Even if we miss a particular attraction on one trip, that's OK, since we know that we will be back soon!

Todd L

It's so funny how when you have young kids, you're like, "Yeah, yeah, it goes by fast. It's not seeming too fast..." And then when they leave, you're like, "That's it? It's over? It...went...by...so...fast!" And then you want to tell others to enjoy it more, but they're too busy saying, "Yeah, yeah..."

Way of the world, I guess!

To quote My Favorite movie Its a wonderful life.."Youth is wasted on the wrong people!!!"

AndyS2992

We have done park hopping in the past, but for the past few years have elected not to park hop and just enjoy the park we are in. We like to get there early, take a mid-day break at the room, pool and hot tub, then come back around 4 or 5 for the rest of the evening.
It seems to me, hopping just takes away from park time, or I wind up skipping some things because I'm headed to a different park.
Yes, I know many people like to hop over to MK or Epcot for evening fireworks, but we like getting back to the room early on AK days and like going to DTD some evenings as well.
Do you park hop every trip?

We stay for two weeks every trip and this is exactly what we do the first week so we get to experience everything. The second week however we do one park in the morning/afternoon then head back to the resort for a break then head to a different park in the evening.

Britt

We got park hoppers this last trip and used it twice. Once to go to fireworks after Epcot, and then again when my inlaws went to HS and we went back to MK.

I dont know/think we'll get em next time since it'll just be us. I think I'd really like to just spend the day enjoying one specific park. HS will be a 1/2 day, so we can go back and enjoy the pool! : )

prfctlyximprct

I like to park hop because I like having options! Usually I'll do a park, maybe dinner at another or go to dinner at a resort and then go to another park. Last trip I went to Epcot almost every night and it's nice to be able to have that freedom!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
One thing I don't like is they don't always honor them. Once, we spent part of the day in EPCOT, took a direct MCO to Anaheim flight (3 hours earlier out there so we arrive well before park close) and NO! they wouldn't let us in DCA. What a bunch of Jerky Mcjerkatrons. I've even had the same problem using a hopper from Tokyo Disneyland in Florida....*sigh*

lunchbox1175

I've been known to do three or sometimes four in a day, especially if I'm there for a short visit. DHS in the early morning for my must-dos before they have huge lines, then over to DAK for the small handful of attractions in that park that I like, then over to EPCOT for food, drinks, and a few attractions, back to DHS for Fantasmic, and then cap the night off with MK when the lines are shorter.

#boom
Ditto!

I_heart_Tigger

I don't understand why so many people equate park hopping with going at a fast pace or being exhausted. I think it's quite the opposite. I always get park hoppers and always will so I can enjoy leisurely days, plenty of breaks and lots of time to relax. Not having park hoppers for me is a waste of the 10-12 days I usually spend there and the days would be exhausting.

I enjoy my leisure time on the monorail to MK or the boat to HS. If I had a full day in the park it would be too stressful to plan to do everything there, especially if that is your only or final day in that park. I can't imagine the stress of not having park hopper.

I can start my day exploring Future World and hitting a couple attractions and then have lunch at Beaches & Cream before lounging on the boat to HS (good time to digest) and end the day on a high note on ToT. Of course I often stay at the Beach Club and park hopping from there is so easy because you can easily stop off at your room or pool between parks as it's on the way. Also you can do AK in the day and still have some time to relax before you see illuminations at night.

Park hopping is the best way to enjoy a slower paced, stop and enjoy the little things kind of vacation for me. If you are doing it fast paced it's because you choose to do it fast paced...it's not a requirement.

Disneykidder

Honestly, I haven't park hopped since my single days. It is hard to go from place to place with the little ones. But, we recently purchased PAP so for our next couple of trips we will have that option. We plan to hop the water parks on this trip as well as a couple to hit some fireworks and shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom