No more Great Movie Ride?

Buried20KLeague

I would really love to see Walt Disney as an AA one day.

:eek:

I don't believe that will ever happen. I seem to recall reading somewhere (in official Disney scribe) that his wife expressly requested that that never happen.

Then again, they do all the presidents. So who knows. :shrug: But I can't see it happening.

BRER DAD

Wasnt it rumored that they were going to replace the Alien scene with a Stich scene??? Im sure I herd this somewhere (not from a cm, or bus driver).

Beauty_Belle

:eek:

I don't believe that will ever happen. I seem to recall reading somewhere (in official Disney scribe) that his wife expressly requested that that never happen.

Then again, they do all the presidents. So who knows. :shrug: But I can't see it happening.

:eek: Seriously, Lilly requested that they not make an AA of him?!?!?! I wonder what the rules are about using Walt or his name in a ride.....

thecompman

On the backstage magic tour, the CM told us that Walt Disney actually had in his will that an AA of him never be made. Not sure how true that is or not.

Animaniac93-98

Are there still plans for The Great Muppet Movie Ride to be put in the park?

BRER DAD, I heard from this site that Lord of the Rings would replace Alien.

SDav10495, I know only two of the movies I suggested are MGM (Gigi and Forbidden Planet), but I would still like to see all those movies represented, because they are such classics. Also, that intended but never made Gone with the Wind scene would be nice. (FYI: it was not put in becuase, like Wizard of Oz, it would have cost Disney extra).

DisneyJoe

I know they had an attraction in MGM about Walt but I think that has since been taken down (it was during the 100 years of magic). I think a ride would make it more permanent. Disney as a whole has made huge contributions to the entertainment industry.

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is still open.

comics101

I know this idea isn't going to be too popular, but I think along with adding new scenes to GMR, the exterior should change as well.
It's true that Grauman's Chinease Theatre pretty much represents Hollywood, almost as much as the Hollywood sign itself, but if I'm not mistaken, it's because of the Chinease Theatre decor that the Hat is there. If they would change the Chinease Theatre to a generic 1920's/30's style theatre that has some of the same elements of the Chinease Theatre, then maybe the Hat could be taken down and the generic theatre could be used as the icon, along with the Earful Tower in a posistion. They might even be able to incorperate the hat into the design.
I doubt that'll happen though because it sounds like they're trying to move away from the "Hollywood That Never Was" theme, and to make an old time type theatre would kind of keep that around.
Just a thought...

BRER DAD

I know this idea isn't going to be too popular, but I think along with adding new scenes to GMR, the exterior should change as well.
It's true that Grauman's Chinease Theatre pretty much represents Hollywood, almost as much as the Hollywood sign itself, but if I'm not mistaken, it's because of the Chinease Theatre decor that the Hat is there. If they would change the Chinease Theatre to a generic 1920's/30's style theatre that has some of the same elements of the Chinease Theatre, then maybe the Hat could be taken down and the generic theatre could be used as the icon, along with the Earful Tower in a posistion. They might even be able to incorperate the hat into the design.
I doubt that'll happen though because it sounds like they're trying to move away from the "Hollywood That Never Was" theme, and to make an old time type theatre would kind of keep that around.
Just a thought...

:eek: Take down the hat!!!

aladdin2007

I agree deflate the hat :)

But I was curious about current architecture and dining? Are they going to do away with the 1930s art decco appearance etc and what about the Brown Derby and 50s Prime Time etc? Im all for the new stuff but I hope they dont do away with these other things either.
Was just wondering if any of the original themes are changing along with the name change.

Uncle Billy

There is no reason why the name change of the park would have to effect the Great Movie Ride. Separate licensing agreements are the industry norm and they would allow Disney to use various studios' property as foder for their rides. They may allow the park name license to lapse but maintain the licenses (through option payments) for, say Wizard of Oz or Singin' in the Rain just as they do for Star Tours and Indiana Jones from Lucas or Fox or Paramount (not sure who exactly owns what elements). Of course, Disney could decide to put other movies in there and maybe change some scenes but that will be legally unrelated to the MGM name removal from the park.

WIX

Keep the hat, LOVE the hat!!!

Definitely update the GMR.

Totally agree with another poster that it would be wonderful to have more Disney movies in the GMR. Even updates of other studios work as well would be fun.

jt04

Personally I would love to see something like:

The Great (Disney) Movie Ride

where the signage shows MM making the change to the title. Disney has plenty of material to completey fill the ride. I can think of some cool stuff to go where the Oz stuff is now. Just a thought:)

I agree deflate the hat :)

But I was curious about current architecture and dining? Are they going to do away with the 1930s art decco appearance etc and what about the Brown Derby and 50s Prime Time etc? Im all for the new stuff but I hope they dont do away with these other things either.
Was just wondering if any of the original themes are changing along with the name change.

I really hope that they don't change the appearance. It's what I love the most about the "studios".

DABIGCHEEZ

Personally I would love to see something like:

The Great (Disney) Movie Ride

where the signage shows MM making the change to the title. Disney has plenty of material to completey fill the ride. I can think of some cool stuff to go where the Oz stuff is now. Just a thought:)

Just not the Muppets Wizard of Oz.:lol: Actually LOVE LOVE LOVE the Muppets, but that was not so good!!!

I actually wouldn't mind if they packed the Beauty & Beast and Indy Shows inside the GMR and .............KABOOM. Sorry, just not a big fan of these!:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom