No more Great Movie Ride?

Animaniac93-98

I don't know how the rest of you might feel about it...but what if they re-did GMR to show the history of live action movies by Disney. Disney has a long tradition of great and fun live action features begining with Treasure Island and even continuing today.

We could see Davey Crockett, 20,000 Leagues and maybe even more current movies like Narnia.

I guess this wouldn't be quite as known or recognizable as some of the movies currently featured in the ride...but I would like some of the actual DISNEY movies featured in the ride.

but that's just one man's opinion...:p

As much as I would dislike more Disney movies in the GMR, I wouldn't mind seeing the squid battle from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea represented.

Snowflake82

First post here but give me a freakin' break. I never see Universal! fanatics act this way towards Disney. You act as if it's a war. Grow up. Disney is obviously the bigger and more successful company so why act as if Universal! is ruining everything. If it wasn't for Universal! you wouldn't be seeing amazing new Disney attractions since there would be no real competition. If you can't admit that Universal! has pulled off some great things you are a moron.

You are missing the point of what you quoted. That poster was simply pointing out that those movies are Universal properties and those characters already have a presence in the Universal parks. Therefore, it is unlikely that Disney would be able to license them for inclusion in a Disney attraction.

There are plenty of people on this board who also enjoy visiting Universal/IOA.

:wave:

jt04

First post here but give me a freakin' break. I never see Universal! fanatics act this way towards Disney. You act as if it's a war. Grow up. Disney is obviously the bigger and more successful company so why act as if Universal! is ruining everything. If it wasn't for Universal! you wouldn't be seeing amazing new Disney attractions since there would be no real competition. If you can't admit that Universal! has pulled off some great things you are a moron.

Do you mean the Universal in Orlando or Hollywood? Sorry I am confused:veryconfu

gusgoose

Since things in here have veered completely off topic, I figured I'd add my idea for the Great Movie Ride.

This idea has no roots in plausibility, I just have always thought it would interesting if Disney could somehow cross-promote the GMR with AFI's 100 Greatest Movies list.

I have no idea which movies on that list are owned by MGM or Universal, but how cool would it be to ride through these scenes right in a row: the final plane scene from Casablanca, then into Don Corleone's private office as he's having a sit-down with his sons, then down the River Kwai as William Holden puts detonators on the bridge, into the spaceship from 2001, etc., etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom