No Love In an Elivator

Luau Cove

If they ask me what classic band, with rock and roll hits and which the members are well-known, I'll say THE ROLLING STONES. There's no band bigger (alive) than the Stones. I don't really like them, but it's the simple truth.

-->LUAU

Figment1986

Say do they still the Drum sticks, I always bout pares of them, but i havn't been there in a while. I also never got to buy those Mini Drumstick pins, Are they still available?? What are the patterns still available for the Drum Sticks??

Sorry for beaing off topic

cymbaldiva

While I think RnR is awesome just the way it is, if I had to pick any other group, my # 1 choice would be The Beatles (not a practical choice, but they are my fav band of all time!) or perhaps Def Leppard...they do some songs that would really work

Dizneydude87

No People!!! I just got the news from WDI...LOOK!! [NOTE: THIS IS A JOKE, SIMPLY FOR A GOOD TIME]

"From the official thigie for WDI, Rock'N'Roller Coaster is going to be completely changed. All music, scenrey, etc is currently being removed, and sent to the boneyard. 'Out with the end, and in with the new'-says John Does- An imagineer at WDW. Yes, in with the all new, '*POP* Goes The Coaster'- the attraction which will replace the famous ride located in the most thrilling area of the park. This new ride will feature music from N'sync, Backstreet Boys, Aaron Carter, and last but certainly not least, Britney
Spears! It will reach a record break-neck speed of 7 mph, yes, thats SEVEN MPH, the fastest ride at WDW! This ride will feature OTSR, and have speakers amplituding 2 decibals, WOW! WDI is exciting about this ah wuss, o, I mean thrilling coaster!"

That was just a joke, to relieve tention, please don't kill me, lol. :)

Justin

Thanx for scaring the @#!$ out of me at first!!! i knew it was messed up when u said reaches 7mph. RnR wont be changed trust me, specially not like the last nutcase said it to be.:)

haha im jk with u man. :lol: :lol:

Rdedeian

DMB!!!! Some have mentioned it as wuss rock, but DMB isn't really rock music but they are America's Most Popular Band, I wouldn't want to see a British or Irish band on an American attraction.

Aerosmith will never leave the ride for a while.

Pat571

they should put some metallica. but its the rockin roller coaster and aerosmith is a good ol rock band unlike music of today. like there music fits perfectly to the ride if you think about it or they could put some nervana.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Pat571
they should put some metallica or they could put some nervana.

Your first choice: They are virtuarlly separated. Jason Newsted left the band, and there are no signs of popularity since single Dissapear.

Your second: They ceased to exist. Older people wouldn't recognize them and a little detail, Kurt Cobain died many years ago.

-->LUAU

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Luau Cove

Your first choice: They are virtuarlly separated. Jason Newsted left the band, and there are no signs of popularity since single Dissapear.

-->LUAU

Bob Rock is currently playing bass for the band.

Also, Aerosmith broke up a couple times I believe.

And, Metallica is recording a new album right now due out later this year. That's why you haven't heard anything from them.

joROurA

Originally posted by kaos
Let's all calm down a little here... Aerosmith just announced that they are going out on a fresh new tour...
OK Where Have You Been, Aerosmith Goes On Tour Every Year!!!
That's Why They Rock!!!
Who Else Came Out With 23 Albums, Became An MTV Icon, Recieved An International Artist Award, Performed At The Super Bowl Half Time Show, Are Getting Wrinkles But Still Can Rock, Has Liv Tyler For A Daughter, And Are From BOSTON!!!!!!!!
hmmmmm, not alot!
weezer hasn't, rolling stones hasn't, niel diamond hasn't, no one has!!!
AEROSMITH RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

joROurA

Originally posted by Pat571
they should put some metallica. but its the rockin roller coaster and aerosmith is a good ol rock band unlike music of today. like there music fits perfectly to the ride if you think about it or they could put some nervana.
WELL SAID!!!:D

Sketch105

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Here we go again:

What makes you think Aerosmith will be replaced by "new" bands like Creed or Weezer? Really, come on, think harder, there are hundreds of suitable bands for the ride than Madonna or Tom Petty. There are some requirements a band must have to replace Aerosmith at RnR:

1- It must be popular right now for the youth.
2- It must be old enough for grownups.
3- It must have a lot of hits in their career.
4- Their reputation must be fine- Not a "Society-sucks" band. It's Disney.
5- Their hits should be ROCK songs, not POP or TECHNO, and they must be wild enough to complement the ride.
6- Their member have to be recognized by everyone. Everyone knows who Stephen Tyler is when they see him.
7- Music must not be extremely loud or too hard because we know most of the adults won't like it. I'm talking for TRASH lovers.
8- Their image should help merchandising.

There are a few bands that fit with this descriptions. One is U2 and the other is Bon Jovi. I love Bon Jovi, however I really can't stand U2, though I know they would be fine in the ride. I'm not just naming my favorite bands, just being fair and reasonable.

-->LUAU

Thank you so much for clearing that up!
I'm tired of hearing people say things like "Yeah, Fred Nine and the Mercury blasters should do Rock N Rollercoaster"

I'm a devout Aerosmith fan. I love their old stuff and I have all their current albums. Yes, I like Just Push Play and Nine Lives.

The tough thing about the music biz is that Executives run it. They put out what sounds good to them. Look at DMB's "everyday" . That wasn't supposed to be the album they put out, but the record company didn't like their previous effort so they pushed them to make a more "upbeat" album.

Aerosmith is experimenting and changing. Many critics loved "Nine Lives" for its classic rock tone, but it CRAWLED its way to 1 million copies. Record companies want 1 million the first week these days, which is why they produce teenybopper groups like Nsync. they want hits fast!

I know Just Push Play was not for everybody, but a lot of people seem to turn off music they don't like the first time around. Truth is, music grows on you sometimes, and that's what current Aerosmith does for me.

Anywho, I believe that bands like Creed, Bon Jovi, and especially the greedy Rolling Stones (which were thankfully turned away during the development of this attraction when they asked how much they could get for it) don't belong to this attraction. I can't imagine "Mysterious Ways" or "Elevation" or "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" or "Beautiful Day" played as I'm blasting through a loop. I'm sorry, thats just my opinion.

Aerosmith's mix of old and new school rock fits the scheme. In fact, before they even had an idea for this attraction I was thinking "gee, what would "love in an elevator" sound like on a roller coaster?" Thank you Disney for answering that thought!!!

Let's forget this business about changing the band featured.

I think that the Rock N Rollercoaster and Aerosmith are a match made in heaven!

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Fievel

Also, Aerosmith broke up a couple times I believe.

And, Metallica is recording a new album right now due out later this year. That's why you haven't heard anything from them.

No. Aerosmith never officially broke up. That's a fact. They did stop recording for some time in the 80's sort of what happened with Bon Jovi from These Days to Crush.
If we talk about fastness in a song for a complement, Metallica's known songs are not those, plus they should bann a lot of their swearing.

-->LUAU

Tom Morrow

MetallicA has plenty of popular songs that would actually work in RnRc.. "Fuel", for example. MetallicA is the world's most popular metal band, so if any metal band was going to be picked, it would be them.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
MetallicA has plenty of popular songs that would actually work in RnRc.. "Fuel", for example. MetallicA is the world's most popular metal band, so if any metal band was going to be picked, it would be them.

Hmmm...let me think...Nope! Nothing wrong with Metallica, but somehow they just don't say Disney to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom