No fastpasses available today?

awoogala

I found the system to be far quicker on Firefox than it was on IE, for what it is worth. Which is odd because I generally have had much more success with IE on Disney's website.
tried chrome, ie, and switched computers (for what it's worth, switching computers made it work better.. for about 10 minutes)
seemed to work better on chrome, too.

wogwog

Well, hasn't worked for us. So far, some problems:
1. switch times for a fp, only to have a "blank". fp selection just disappeared, now I only have 2 on that day
2. fp+ selection only went through for 1 or 2 of my party (on multiple days/attractions/and dates). My 8 year old is the only one with a fp+ for soarin- no amount of re-selecting will allow the rest of us to have a fp+ for that day.
3. changed times of fp+, but it will not update, continues to show the "old" time.
4. attempted about a dozen times on a second day to change a fp+ time, page keeps going blank, then telling me there's a problem "behind the scenes.

Tech says all of this is "known", so you may be the exception, or got it at a good time of day.
From my conversations with friends and neighbors who are on the so called nexgen team at different levels and areas of responsibility there are more new "known problems" now than a month ago.

awoogala

From my conversations with friends and neighbors who are on the so called nexgen team at different levels and areas of responsibility there are more new "known problems" now than a month ago.
and I forgot the really weird ones:
on one day, I have 4 fp+ for all of us.
on another day, I have one fp+ in mk, then 3 in epcot. It did not erase the ones I tried to cancel.
The whole thing is just..weird.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I used the Safari browser and never had any problems with the site, sometimes it was a little slow but no problems or issues...
I too, am only using Safari....Mac at home, iPhone and iPad while here. Haven't had any connections problems at all. Not even slow. I seem to be in the minority here. I should also mention that there were three of us using MDE during our stay, at multiple DVC resorts, multiple ticket media, AP's, regular ticketing AND MNSSHP tix. Add in the fact that one of the AP's was a voucher, which the system took in advance, and I was all set for major problems. Ending up not having one until today. Once I checked out of my room, my MagicBand wouldn't let me charge anymore. Thankfully I had my cc with me. So sorry that my story has such a positive spin when it seems that I'm the one in a million that the system actually worked for.

awoogala

I too, am only using Safari....Mac at home, iPhone and iPad while here. Haven't had any connections problems at all. Not even slow. I seem to be in the minority here. I should also mention that there were three of us using MDE during our stay, at multiple DVC resorts, multiple ticket media, AP's, regular ticketing AND MNSSHP tix. Add in the fact that one of the AP's was a voucher, which the system took in advance, and I was all set for major problems. Ending up not having one until today. Once I checked out of my room, my MagicBand wouldn't let me charge anymore. Thankfully I had my cc with me. So sorry that my story has such a positive spin when it seems that I'm the one in a million that the system actually worked for.
Have you tried yesterday or today? According to the cm we spoke to, this weekend is overwhelming the system, and we should try again Monday. Perhaps it's the apple tech, perhaps it's just this weekend has pushed the system, perhaps they are trying desperately to fix things- even dining reservations are having issues today.

wogwog

While I hope he's wrong? It's very likely he's dead right. A weenie backend with too little capacity to conduct serious business. Can't wait to see how the Christmas season goes...
WDW, "It is a known issue." Sure hear that a lot from folks who work there. A GR person noticed and related to me that she saw what she is sure is another attempt to boost wifi in Town Square. Facing the Emporium from in front of City Hall she can see a device wired badly and off center to the top decorative iron lattice work at the top of the Emporium roof. At first she thought it was a piece of debris stuck in the iron work. Nice teem work. Visible wifi on Main St. But from what is posted here it is not helping boost power. Maybe they forgot to plug it in. Probably another "known problem."

ParentsOf4

Because the wait was for Freakin' Figment! When was the last time that attraction had a line that was even 5 minutes long? o_O
I'm trying to keep an open mind about FP+ (e.g. total wait times for everybody shouldn't change) but this is the part of FP+ I can't ever imagine liking. Putting FP+ on attractions that don't need it just so corporate Disney can pretend that FP+ is for everyone is just plain stupid. No one should ever need a FP+ to experience Figment, POTC, Tough to be a Bug, etc.

Instead of putting FP+ on attractions that don't need it, how about adding FP+ to new E ticket rides!

hpyhnt 1000

WDW, "It is a known issue." Sure hear that a lot from folks who work there. A GR person noticed and related to me that she saw what she is sure is another attempt to boost wifi in Town Square. Facing the Emporium from in front of City Hall she can see a device wired badly and off center to the top decorative iron lattice work at the top of the Emporium roof. At first she thought it was a piece of debris stuck in the iron work. Nice teem work. Visible wifi on Main St. But from what is posted here it is not helping boost power. Maybe they forgot to plug it in. Probably another "known problem."

And we thought the new lights and paintwork at the Main Street Starbucks were sloppy. :facepalm:

wogwog

"Known Issue" is not an excuse for "can not conduct business". I fear this will only get resolved when people begin to demand compensation, making this a money issue for WDW. Fire Susan O'Day - Disney needs a REAL CIO.
Absolutely correct. Several family and friends have had bad experiences and were compensated. It is never enough however when Disney causes a bad experience because they want to force this stupid process on visitors but they will compensate you if you are as demanding as you can stand to be.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I don't understand why if you had badluck with lines, why you chose to complain about a 15 min wait and not something with a more serious time issue?!?

The 15 minute wait at Imagination is meant to illustrate a problem. JIIwF hasn't had more than a 5 minute (0 minutes really) wait for a long, long time... I didn't actually complain about that to anyone at WDW. It merely is a symptom of the FP+ problem.

Gabriela

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'm planning a trip to WDW next May. And all that thing about regular FP and FP+ are driving me crazy. For many reasons, I don't want to stay at a Disney resort, like prices, children all around, Brazilian group tours (I know, it's a shame for us, but they are really annoying). Do you really think that offsite guests won't be able to use FP+ in May, 2014? Because I think if I can't use any kind of fastpass it will be a totally waste of money and time stay offsite and I'll be forced to stay at any All Star hotel at least in the DInsey park days. I know I don't have the best english, so if you don't understand anything, please let me explain better.

ParentsOf4

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'm planning a trip to WDW next May. And all that thing about regular FP and FP+ are driving me crazy. For many reasons, I don't want to stay at a Disney resort, like prices, children all around, Brazilian group tours (I know, it's a shame for us, but they are really annoying). Do you really think that offsite guests won't be able to use FP+ in May, 2014? Because I think if I can't use any kind of fastpass it will be a totally waste of money and time stay offsite and I'll be forced to stay at any All Star hotel at least in the DInsey park days. I know I don't have the best english, so if you don't understand anything, please let me explain better.
At this time, it's unclear when FP+ will become available to offsite guests.

What is apparent is that onsite guests will have some sort of advantage making their FP+ selections. This could be extremely important for theme parks with popular but low capacity attractions such as Toy Story Mania (TSM) at Disney Hollywood Studio (DHS) and Test Track (TT) or Soarin' at Epcot. Standby lines for these attractions often exceed 2 hours. If you stay offsite, I strongly suggest you arrive 30 minutes before opening each day and immediately head to these attractions after opening. It will save you hours later in the day.

Unless you have a car, staying offsite can be difficult. Shuttle service from most hotels to WDW is poor. If you are traveling with more than a couple of people, consider renting a 2-bedroom suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC), which is located next to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR). It's often possible to find a WBC 2-bedroom on eBay for $100/night and, because it's essentially on WDW property, bus service isn't too bad. Go to Google maps and enter "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" if you want to see where it's located. WBC is actually closer to some WDW theme parks than several of Disney's own hotels.

Gabriela

At this time, it's unclear when FP+ will become available to offsite guests.

What is apparent is that onsite guests will have some sort of advantage making their FP+ selections. This could be extremely important for theme parks with popular but low capacity attractions such as Toy Story Mania (TSM) at Disney Hollywood Studio (DHS) and Test Track (TT) or Soarin' at Epcot. Standby lines for these attractions often exceed 2 hours. If you stay offsite, I strongly suggest you arrive 30 minutes before opening each day and immediately head to these attractions after opening. It will save you hours later in the day.

Unless you have a car, staying offsite can be difficult. Shuttle service from most hotels to WDW is poor. If you are traveling with more than a couple of people, consider renting a 2-bedroom suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC), which is located next to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR). It's often possible to find a WBC 2-bedroom on eBay for $100/night and, because it's essentially on WDW property, bus service isn't too bad. Go to Google maps and enter "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" if you want to see where it's located. WBC is actually closer to some WDW theme parks than several of Disney's own hotels.

Thanks a lot for the answer. We will rent a car in Orlando, because we want to go shopping and go to Busch Gardens, Universal and Seaworld and that will be very difficult without a car. I want really to avoid Disney hotels, because I think it's very expensive US$137 per night in All Star Resorts. Orlando has a huge variety of hotels at this price with much more comfort and amenities. I'll follow your recommendation and arrive very early at the parks. I thinks it's my only hope to get a nice vacation.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I don't know the answer to your question. Disney has said that FP+ will be rolled out to all guests eventually, I just don't know if it will be by May. Perhaps someone else can offer a more educated opinion.
Your English is perfect. Welcome to WDWMagic.

HakunaMatata89

when people begin to demand compensation

Disney's response:

*mutes phone*
116usjk.gif

*unmutes*

"im sorry, here's a complementary fastpass valid for the next 3 days because we care. "

dhsaddict83

I'll confess that I haven't read all 43 pages here, but from what little I have read, I understand the complaints of the system being slow, etc., but there's a few more negatives w/ the new FP+ that I don't see how Disney will (or can) fix:
1. I noticed several folks having to borrow a pen to try to write down the time of their FP+. This happened more than just once and added a significant wait time to the general population at large. The folks looking for a pen to write down their FP+ time knew about using MDE to find the FP+ time, but voiced their opinion about wanting it on paper because they thought it "was easier" to have it written down as opposed to having to use their phone.
2. An advantage the legacy FP will always have is being able to give a FP to someone else. If there's a way to "donate" or give a FP to someone else using FP+, please do enlighten me, but what could be easier than simply handing someone a small paper stub (legacy FP).

One more idea I had - I know this will most likely never happen, but:
1. Space Mountain Single Rider Queue - I've seen train after train after train leave with 1 seat open. If only they had an actual single-rider queue (like on Everest)... but yea "SM isn't 'laid out' like that :mad:)
2. On all popular attractions (like TSMM) - They shouldn't have to "merge" FP/FP+ with Standby. This is the reason for the 2nd helping of wait times. The standby line should have it's own dedicated ride vehicle area such that it never has to wait for FP/FP+ to merge (take a trip and imagine how much faster this would be). Family of 5 in FP+ wasting time to find their MagicBand and then scan it into the machine and you're in Standby... no problem, no wait, just keep moving since you've (Standby) got your own dedicated vehicle/ride area that doesn't depend on the volume or activities of FP+!
This would speed up Standby significantly. But then again... "It's not 'laid out' to accommodate that. Excuses, excuses... :mad:

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I'm trying to keep an open mind about FP+ (e.g. total wait times for everybody shouldn't change) but this is the part of FP+ I can't ever imagine liking. Putting FP+ on attractions that don't need it just so corporate Disney can pretend that FP+ is for everyone is just plain stupid. No one should ever need a FP+ to experience Figment, POTC, Tough to be a Bug, etc.

Instead of putting FP+ on attractions that don't need it, how about adding FP+ to new E ticket rides!

Total wait times for the total population may not change, but wait times for those who used to use more than 3 FP/day (or who used them for the same high-wait attraction more than once in a day) are certainly going to increase! [Insert gnashing of teeth here.] ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom