No fastpasses available today?

Tom Morrow

They could, theoretically, add single rider to Space Mountain. The bypass hallway post-merge on Omega could be utilized. Alpha would have to be reconfigured - either losing a switchback or constructing a wall between the post-merge and bypass where there's a railing currently. That or add a spur like the wheelchairs have on Omega. They could bring them in via standby which would require an extra merge CM or via the FastPass return line given a card that indicates a single rider.

It is possible and would definitely benefit the attraction since running empty seats does impact the weight of the vehicles and the overall dispatch ratios.
But how do you get the single riders past the merge with the long, narrow tunnel serving as most of the queue?

GymLeaderPhil

But how do you get the single riders past the merge with the long, narrow tunnel serving as most of the queue?
There's ultimately no way. They would have to be in standby and a pre-grouper would weed them out by the tower or they would be in FastPass return and separated at merge.

Another option would be drastically altering the post-show dioramas and installing a single rider queue that runs along side the speed ramp. Guest would then be sent up the ramps to the end of the bypass hallways. That would be pretty costly and would result in downtime.

shipley731

I
  • On the payment terminals, it is hard to see when the mickey head turns green. There should at least be a second indicator light that isn't hidden by your wrist. The keypad to enter your pin is a bit small and unresponsive also.
I didn't have a problem with the keypad, but I had the same thought this past weekend about the mickey head turning green. An indicator light at the top would be helpful.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Thanks a lot for the answer. We will rent a car in Orlando, because we want to go shopping and go to Busch Gardens, Universal and Seaworld and that will be very difficult without a car. I want really to avoid Disney hotels, because I think it's very expensive US$137 per night in All Star Resorts. Orlando has a huge variety of hotels at this price with much more comfort and amenities. I'll follow your recommendation and arrive very early at the parks. I thinks it's my only hope to get a nice vacation.

Another option, watch for special room pricing at the Swan & Dolphin resort. On more than a few occasions I have seen rooms there go for as little as a value resort and it is within walking distance (or boat ride) from EC & DHS.

MeandMickey

It seems to me that the FP+ is good in theory. It just doesn't make sense in it's current state where 85% (a number that I have read) of fastpasses are being reserved online. That takes up way too many of the passes needed to distribute to the days visitors. Just from trying to link all my family's reservation, ticket, meal and other information on MDE is a nightmare. It just doesn't seem to want to work properly. If the basic MDE site won't work, how is the site going to be linked to the parks and FP+ correctly? Anyway, I can bet a lot of those reserved FP+ times are going to be wasted on people who don't show for the ride. As I said before, it is good in theory, but maybe the should cap the days FP+ distribution to 25% and let the rest be distributed either by paper tickets or RFID on the MagicBands or Cards. The bands and cards can hold regular fastpass information. Maybe just put kiosks in the parks where you can get an RFID transmission for multiple rides instead of running to each individual ride. In my opinion, FP+ will turn a lot of people off if it turns into a plan every second of your vacation type of technology like it seems to be. I actually think that this could make people leave the parks sooner rather than staying to shop, eat or mingle. Let's say I go my FP+ times and they were early in the day, okay, now I have some free time to go back and take a nap. Before, I would have got regular fastpass and rode the ride, got another one and stayed in the park until the time was up to ride again. Hmmm... Not sure they thought all this out too well. They just see $$$!

Rob562

Anyway, I can bet a lot of those reserved FP+ times are going to be wasted on people who don't show for the ride.

Just wanted to point out that non-use of a time slot is not unique to FP+. I'm sure Disney knows how many paper FP's go unused and have factored that in. (heck, I always seem to come home from vacation with 4 or 5 FP slips in my miscellaneous paperwork pile)

And while FP+'s non-use would keep them from being made by someone else, it also means that the Standby line will move one person faster than it would have during that timeframe.

-Rob

RSoxNo1

Crowds were down a bit today and Toy Story Fastpasses lasted until around 11, while Soarin' and Test Track lasted until around 2. It also looks like none of them peaked at over 60 minutes standby. It's a step in the right direction but Fastpasses are still being distributed very quickly even on low crowd days.

bugsbunny

Fastpass+ and Nextgen has been awful experience so far this trip. Each day I see FP is already done for the day on the E rides just one hour after the parks open. Its obvious that paper FP has been slashed in favor of FP+. But what about me? I have expensive 7 day hoppers and it won't let me do FP+. So I haven't been able to ride a lot of things. Shut out of TSM. Got to Epcot 45 min after open and Soaring was 8pm return. Same for TT.

Spaceship Earth has a FP+ line now. Hilarious really. WHO is scheduling that? PoTC with its new FP+ queue is ridiculous and that was on a slow day. When do normal ticket holders get to use FP+? I planned this trip a year ago and I feel absolutely cheated.

My friends tickets are ruined.EVERYDAY he has to got to Guest Relations to have ALL of them replaced. Can't get his family in with them. The one day they got in, they didn't work for FP because it thought none of them had entered the park. Everyday we hear "Now they are fixed" and next day, same problems all over again. Its great everyday to spend 45 minutes getting your tickets "fixed".

Hooray NextGen!!! :joyfull:

Weather_Lady

Fastpass+ and Nextgen has been awful experience so far this trip. Each day I see FP is already done for the day on the E rides just one hour after the parks open. Its obvious that paper FP has been slashed in favor of FP+. But what about me? I have expensive 7 day hoppers and it won't let me do FP+. So I haven't been able to ride a lot of things. Shut out of TSM. Got to Epcot 45 min after open and Soaring was 8pm return. Same for TT.

Spaceship Earth has a FP+ line now. Hilarious really. WHO is scheduling that? PoTC with its new FP+ queue is ridiculous and that was on a slow day. When do normal ticket holders get to use FP+? I planned this trip a year ago and I feel absolutely cheated.

My friends tickets are ruined.EVERYDAY he has to got to Guest Relations to have ALL of them replaced. Can't get his family in with them. The one day they got in, they didn't work for FP because it thought none of them had entered the park. Everyday we hear "Now they are fixed" and next day, same problems all over again. Its great everyday to spend 45 minutes getting your tickets "fixed".

While I don't normally advocate anybody complaining, I'd suggest that you and your friend go to Guest Relations and do so -- loudly and specifically, but politely -- about your respective experiences (and the fact that WDW never informed you or anyone else when you booked that it was going to be changing its FP systems in ways that would significantly disadvantage you). At best, they might be able to get you some Fastpasses to smooth things over. At worst... well, it can't hurt.

mergatroid

Sorry to hear that. We paid around $1,500 for two premium annual passes this year (we leave today after being here 3 weeks) and had similar issues in as much as we had no acces to FP+ either. We found itt strange that at Epcot, Spaceship Earth, Journey and Maelstrom had FP+ queues added to them so we ended up queuing for nearly 30 minutes for rides like these where there rarely used to be queues.

Rob562

Sorry to hear that. We paid around $1,500 for two premium annual passes this year (we leave today after being here 3 weeks) and had similar issues in as much as we had no acces to FP+ either. We found itt strange that at Epcot, Spaceship Earth, Journey and Maelstrom had FP+ queues added to them so we ended up queuing for nearly 30 minutes for rides like these where there rarely used to be queues.

Hasn't Maelstrom had FP for years?

And I could forgive them putting FP+ on Imagination if they were "future-proofing" the attraction for its (hopefully imminent) overhaul and simply wanted to get the infrastructure installed now while they were doing all the others.

-Rob

NowInc

My friends tickets are ruined.EVERYDAY he has to got to Guest Relations to have ALL of them replaced. Can't get his family in with them. The one day they got in, they didn't work for FP because it thought none of them had entered the park. Everyday we hear "Now they are fixed" and next day, same problems all over again. Its great everyday to spend 45 minutes getting your tickets "fixed". :joyfull:

When this happens (its been common even before next gen), there is a cast member really close to the FP machine you can talk to. They will issue you a "FP only" ticket that can be used to get paper fast passes for the day...instead of having to go to guest relations.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I think this is the perfect example of how Disney has significantly devalued a vacation experience with FP-, We are going over the Holiday's - we have already shortened trip from 10 days to 4 and other than to see Osborne lights with these kind of waits and no access to FP+ with Premier Passports do not think we will be visiting parks as DMIL has mobility issues and would kill anyone who suggested she get a DAS she has ordinary AP - Still no FP- access for her either.

Disney has really figured out how to get the most out of our wallets...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
When this happens (its been common even before next gen), there is a cast member really close to the FP machine you can talk to. They will issue you a "FP only" ticket that can be used to get paper fast passes for the day...instead of having to go to guest relations.

But why should the guest have to take time out of their vacation to fix DISNEY's issues. After the third time at GR Disney should have comped the tickets

NowInc

But why should the guest have to take time out of their vacation to fix DISNEY's issues. After the third time at GR Disney should have comped the tickets

The CM is literally right there near FP machines. If the guest had presented them with the issue, the solution which I listed would have been presented. This happened to my friend last week, and it took less than a minute to resolve. I guess we should have complained that they HELPED us and it took away a whole minute from our vacation? They have a fix, and have had one for a long time..just takes a moment to talk to someone really close by.

NowInc

..and yes..I do agree it shouldn't be an issue at all...but its not like this is something new caused by the next gen stuff.

JimboJones123

When you have gotten used to standby being 30 to 60 percent lower for a decade and all of the sudden it has increased it's easy to develop an allergy.
It has not been lower. It has been erratic. The Flick system does not work by itself. Toss fastpass on everything and lines that were walk ons even before fastpass are now 30 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom